1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl XXX

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by tylerlikesthesteelers, May 12, 2021.

1. tylerlikesthesteelers

tylerlikesthesteelers Member

Dec 29, 2020
    The Steelers lost Super Bowl XXX to the Cowboys 27-17. But the Steelers were the better team. They had more first downs and total yards and held Cowboys Emmitt Smith to 49 yards rushing. But the Steelers couldn’t overcome the three interceptions thrown by quarterback Neil O’Donnell of which two were thrown directly to Larry Brown with no Steelers receiver in sight. O’Donnell’s second interception by Brown came late in the fourth quarter after Pittsburgh had cut the lead to 20-17 and had all the momentum. Dallas would score on its next possession to put the game away.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019

You know we have enough off season depression with the stupid player tweets, now you have to bring this memory back?! I quit drinking years ago, this and being once again rejected by J Lo for that loser actor is about enough for me to pick up the bottle again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Somebody refresh my memory isn’t this the Super Bowl where Cowher couldn’t win with Nolls players?

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No offense but isn't this what Wikipedia is for? Armchair historical referencing of ancient battles lost but could have/should have won? :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers the better team, i like it Tyler. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tyler in case it hasn't been said before welcome to the community. Thank you for helping us take a break from the endless discussion about coaches, off the field player issues, salary cap problems and more. Thanks for posting and keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    We gotta have something to talk about. ✌

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dallas was the better team, there's a reason they were double digit favorites.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I have to say you are correct. Rehashing painful Steeler memories is far better than listening to ESPN radio as I drive for my job. I mean one mention of the WNBA is horrible, but listening to endless promos for an upcoming 30 for 30 is enough bring heartburn on even before the horrible fast food burger.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I was so mad after that game. I watched it with a bunch or Cowboys fans and was talking trash the whole time. I blamed NOD for a long time, but after rewatching one of our receivers ran the wrong route I think on the same play twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    BTW Tyler, you are always welcome to post anything Steeler related, even the painful things. Do not take my post seriously or personally! We need fresh perspective here, Blast and Glenn are getting old.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Glemm would have thrown 0 ints in that game.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You are correct.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I was told to not mention his name on this site, so just passing on to you what was passed on to me
    so its NOD, N*** O*******, or **** ******** or nothing

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, the play before the second soul crushing pick, Andre Hastings dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have been a first down. That is seared into my memory. I was so pissed after that game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I got fired, or ....let go for the 1st time in my life because of that game.
    Bad Luck Mother F<k*rs.
    There was a time in my life I had what they like 2 call anger issues.
    Not what I called it, but they did.
    Now I'm sweet as sorghum molasses .

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I was a raging lunatic back then. When the Bucs lost to the Braves in the '92 NLCS, I shattered my TV remote against my living room wall, grabbed as many beers as I could carry, went outside and sat on my front porch drinking and stewing until about 4 a.m. That was and still is as disappointed as I have been after a Pittsburgh sports loss, because with the changing economics of baseball, I knew it was over for the Bucs. The Pens losing to the Islander's the spring after that was a close second. That was the best team the Pens ever had, and the refs let a scrappy, but borderline dirty Islander team mug, maul, clutch and grab Lemeiux and the rest of the Pens stars. That was also the game Kevin Stevens suffered his horrific facial injuries in after colliding with Islander semi goon Richard Pilon. To me, the worst Steeler loss was to the Chargers in '96. No way they should have lost that game. But, they did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I freaking hear you.
    I just like 2 be left alone after some of that stuff, but some people can't leave well enough alone.
    You think that you wouldn't take something like that so seriously, and I say it all the time now, no big deal.....but sometimes I still get sucked into being vested in it.
    LoL.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I would rather have someone pull the trigger on a loaded nail gun to my head than to ever discuss this subject again. I almost forgot about it after 25 years.:frustrated:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Super Bowl XXX was an awful experience. I have family who are Cowboys fans. But nothing compares to the loss to the Chargers the year before. I am scarred for life over that loss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Absolutely agree, Steelers played scared most of game, NOD played scared the entire game

Avg QB play n Steelers most likely win, but LONG Ago

BTW 94 n 95 teams are two of my favorite Steelers teams all time

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Get outta here, Emmit was in a tailspin!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Wrong routes or not, He-who-shall-not-be-named looked right AT Larry Brown before throwing the ball... both times.

(Don't try to talk me out of it. It's a coping mechanism. ;))

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Believe it not, I credit this site with calming me down. I watch the games in a much more relaxed manner when a follow along with the game day threads. You see all sorts of opinions, ideas and of course, humor. It helps me lighten up. Now, NHL playoffs will be starting and I have to get a wet wash rag to chew on so I don't yell and startle my poor, sweet wife. Either that or I scream into a throw pillow. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm telling you, I was beside myself pissed. Anytime it rains all day, like it did here last Sunday, I think about that God damned game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1