1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to give Villenueva a call

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Meh,at his age and wear and tear he can get a medical excuse for not being able to take a knee.

2. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    $8m guarantee will help soften the disappointment for him. I don’t blame him for taking this deal

3. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Something definitely stinks, but it’s not like he was getting interests from other teams

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It's not against the rules.

HACK

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I didn't think.it was either,just gamesmenship but....If we get something and then get in trouble...So be it!

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Why do you hate Big Al so much?.I love patriots that fought for our country, I salute him for his courage, and he will always be one of my Favorite Players ( even though he sucked the last couple of years ) ...One of my Sons is in the Military, my Dad served in WWII, many family members in, or were in... Captain America? Do you hate the people who defend our Country?

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Good for Big AL he got at a minimum $8 million to the old bank account.

Signing still makes no sense to me, Ravens like to run, AL V is not a good run blocker

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know this guy is a Ravens fan right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty pathetic

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Of course I respect people who defend our country. The problem became when Al couldn't differentiate that he's now being paid millions to be apart of a team that's made up primarily African Americans. He couldn't listen to his teammates and let his view which was the minority in that locker room to the side for the betterment of the whole team.

Like I said I know for a fact how he acted here isn't going to fly in the Ravens locker room. So it's going to be funny to watch.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh God don’t tell me we’re gonna have to relive all this nonsense again?Let it go man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    You should save your breath trying to reason with that guy, he complains about everything, and tries to create controversy when there is none.
    And i salute your brave son.

13. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I didn't think that he was all that great in pass protection.

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    If Big Al was so honorable wouldn't he just retire? I mean there's NFL fans that have quit watching the sport over the kneeling. Yet, he's willing going to an organization that kneeled. That's like the Steelers fans who quit watching because another team kneeled. Or going hey, the Steelers didn't kneel and the Ravens did so I'm going to be a Ravens fan now. Seems a little ass backwards, no?

15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    There's nothing to see here. If it was such a deal breaker, then why sign him? AV is not going to kneel, no way in hell. I'm sure Baltimore is aware of that. Why would it be honorable for him to retire? Doesn't he have as much of a right to earn money in the league as those that do kneel as a form of protest? This is some big time Keystone Pretzel logic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, lets not dive into the kneeling thing for the gazillionth time.

Thats mainly for @SDOT

Do you ever post anything thats not designed to wind people up? Getting tiresome.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Son of Jor-El! Kneel before Zod!!

18. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    SDOT. I served 24 years in the military. I find your comment disrespectful in the extreme. Just thought you'd like to know my opinion.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Which comment? Not my intention. I respect those who served our country. I'm just seeing a lot of hypocrisy from Big Al.

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Probably best to just leave this one alone ..People who see kneeling as disrespect to the troops will probably always see it that way..People who see kneeling as a way to protest peacefully will probably always see it that way...AV is his own man and I respect his right to view it however he sees fit..I may or may not agree with his view , but he has the right to it and the right to play with any Team that wishes to sign him..But back to the Football part AV is a better fit for a running QB system ..Football 101 really it's a lot easier to block for a QB the Defense doesn't know where he will be than a QB who is in 1 spot and is no threat to escape or move from that spot...

The DE'S start crashing the OC starts calling boots..The DE starts looping then it's zone read QB cutting it up inside and so on..

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. steelburgh

steelburgh Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I normally don't post that much on here, but I think it is appropriate to do so tonight.

SDOT, your comment is way off base. You should apologize to Big Al and to all members, active and non active, of our Armed Forces.

God bless you all for serving our great country.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re nothing more than a troll.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you really expect SDOT to ever let anything go? I know I can be relentless, but I'll at least drop some things until someone else brings them up again.

That said, I'm not sure he wrote anything that disrespected veterans. He disrespected one veteran, and even then it wasn't Villanueva's service that he was talking about.

I've got great respect for veterans in general and Villanueva in particular, but I can't say I was thrilled with the way he hung his teammates out to dry that day. The team made a decision together, then he chose to ignore that decision. I get why he did it, but I can also understand why some of his teammates would have been pissed, and rightfully so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Ravens suck!!!

• Like Like x 2
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What you don't say about a Running Qb...Football 101 ...is while the Defense doesn't know where the Qb will be, neither does the O- line. How many time is the Oline flagged for holding because they don't know where the Qb is. A nice block can turn into a hold real quick by where the Qb is positioned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.