1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pimp your guys

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Agree, Williams in 2nd

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't mind Trey Sermon in the 4th round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    D'ante Smith OT East Carolina. Watch senior bowl practice reps

Dude is nice!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Guys I have my eye on that I deem to be Top 100 type of players. I realize some of these guys lukely won't be available to us when we pick, but not completely impossible:

ILB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame

Flies around the field. Would need to put on some weight but not that much lighter than Darius Leonard.

ILB Zaven Collins, Tulsa

Huge year for Tulsa. Does it all. Can cover. Can tackle. Can blitz. Can pick the ball off.

OLB Jaelan Phillips, Miami

Huge injury concerns but plays a TJ Watt style of game. Great hands . Relentless motor. Reportedly runs 4.5 at 6'5 265 lbs. Needs to check out medically

RB Najee Harris, Alabama

Everyone knows what he can do. Could be our Derrick Henry of the future. Better at receiving than some give him credit for. Would have to shift our offensive philosophy to make this commitment.

CB Asante Samuels Jr, Florida St

Could he be as good as the old man? Only allowed 180 yards all of last season.

OT Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

Better run blocker than pass protector at this point. Stud for multiple years at Bama . Could start at LT right away.

C Landon Dickerson, Alabama

Has anchored the run game for both Florida St and Bama. Does have injury concerns. Steps in for Pouncey Day 1.

OLB Joseph Ossai, Texas

Playmaker for Texas. Stout against the run and can get to the QB.

OLB Ronnie Perkins, Oklahoma

Equally as good as against the run as he is getting to the QB.

OT Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame

Better pass protector than run blocker. Another LT option moving forward .

OT Sam Cosmi, Texas

Lots of experience.

OT Walker Little, Stanford

Entered college as a huge name . Really hasn't played since 2017 though. Has all the tools but very little tape.

RB Michael Carter, UNC

The more I saw him this year, the more I thought his game doesn't differ much from Etienne's and can be had considerably later.

S Richie Grant, UCF

Good in the box safety. Hard hitter. Looked good at Senior Bowl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Good list. Last three are the only one's I see available in the third round. I'm kind of hoping for a trade back in the first, to late first or early second, and getting Zaven Collins. No center is worth the first round this year, and I don't see tackle as a big a need as some people (although we are going to need one, first round not so much). I don't see us going RB in the first, and I still haven't decided if I like Nagee or Etienne better. So, I see first round as OLB, ILB, or CB. And I just think Zaven will be a great compliment to Bush.

6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with OT not being a 1st round need. Problem is at #24 there could be some value . Even moreso in Round 2 .

My heart wants Harris at #24, but I agree with you, I doubt the Steelers do that.

I think we go LB at #24 and then OL in Round 2.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think corner or wr or TE are out of the question either.

hear me out. We may very well lose two corners. Our two starters are in their final season.

our TE is not a long term solution and is only signed for this year.

If we are going to let Canada install his offense we need his type of players. Colbert even touched on that. Washington will be in his final year and has never really lived up to being a full-time starter. :cool:

8. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    We get the point, Macdaddyo.

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I just watched highlights of WR Kadarius Toney, good lord he looks like AB running in the open field!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

LOL, not sure what the heck happened there. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't see a TE worth taking at #24, as Pitts will be long gone.

It is a strong WR class but I just don't see us doing that at #24. Way too many higher needs.

CB is a legit possibility in the 1st. I can see Tomlin being a big fan of Asante Samuel Jr.

If I'm Colbert and Zaven Collins and Jaelan Samuels are off the board, as well of course as JOK and many of those other regarded Top 20 prospects, and fundamentally I won't take a RB at #24, then I probably look to trade back. Try and get another 3rd round pick.

12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

I honestly feel that if frieirmuth is there at 24 then we have to take him....... As you said, Pitts will be long gone... Frieirmuth and brevin Jordan are the only real game changers left at the position, with frieirmuth being the only real complete te out of the 3... None will be available when we pick in the 2nd,..... We can find blue chippers at nearly every other position throughout the draft ... There is no consolation prize if we pass on frieirmuth

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Tackle is a big need for them, considering they don't have a starter at LT on the roster, they need to get one within the first 2 rounds.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    long is a good option.:cool:

15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    They have Banner and Chucks. I agree that tackle is a need, and could be a first rounder, I just think with those two in place, it's not mandatory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    coyle, walton, collins, leglue, jones also here. i don't see one that early. i still think dan moore jr. or landon young later in this draft may be the way to go. both could start but really could use a year in a system and the sky could be the limit for either of them. the floor isn't that low but the ceiling could be very high for those guys. :cool:

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And we don't know if either of them can play LT, Banner is a big man coming back from a ACL too.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think they know okrafor can play LT. how well may be a different story. at least as far as the run game but our run approach may be changing some. chuks has the feet to play there, i don't think banner does full time. hawkins was actually playing the left side very well in preseason before they traded him and kept chuks two years ago.

it will be interesting just how they approach this season and how the line transforms. i don't think we draft these power run game type linemen if that's not our new approach on offense. we may want more pass protect move type players. having a mix kind of defeats the purpose. banner, DD seem like the power type. dotson and chuks seem like the move type more. center will determine a lot and what type of guy we get there. we have to find one of them and probably two. :cool:

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was thinking the same about , Tomlin, and A.S.jr

21. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I like Teven Jenkins from Oklahoma State

22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    For you guys that like Najee Harris. Pretty fun watch. Nice kid.

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    JOK seems to be getting way over hyped i think. he takes some bad angles and misses a lot of tackles if you really watch his tape. not real sold on him at 24. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I would take Harris at #24, that's the quickest way to fix the running game, then address the OL in round 2 and 3. I don't think Harris will make it that far though, Miami at #18 might take him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Really starting to like OT Dillon Radunz. Good size/length. Athletic. If he's there in the 2nd or 3rd, boom.

26. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    He’s much better than McFarland

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1