1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wentz

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He has to play 75% of the snaps to turn it into a 1st rd pick.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This is from Asked and Answered on Steelers web site. I trust Labriola a little more than most media: The question itself indicates the person who asked it was on drugs at the time:

KELVIN MADINA FROM ALBUQUERQUE, NM: I'm excited that Dwayne Haskins is our quarterback of the future and can't wait for him to take over the starting job and lead us to our seventh Super Bowl win. Do you feel the same way about Haskins?
    ANSWER: I absolutely do not. As of right now, Dwayne Haskins is much closer to not making the 53-man roster than he is to becoming the Steelers' starting quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't know if he'll make it to 75%. He was injury prone before this past year and I still don't know just what he has in the tank as a starting QB. He's a hard one to read after the SB year where he was in contention for POY. He has the tools but something was missing especially this past year besides lots of players missing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Yep, that why I said barring injury or poor play. Up until LY he had covered the 75%, but as Hog noted he's had some injuries more recently.

I was just putting the best case scenario out there in evaluating the trade. I think it definelty favors the Colts - even if Wentz doesn't show more shades of his first two years, they didn't give up too much to get him. As for Philly, they just achieved clarity on Wentz being out of their picture. That extension and resulting cap hit has got to sting.

5. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    There has been alot of talk that he is mentally soft and couldn't handle the Media and fans and ups and downs of the league. Philly is a brutal town with both the media and the fans. Dont how much truth their is to it but if its true he wont last much longer in the NFL.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I gotta feel like Kelvin is trolling here. But then again... Steeler fans can be crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Can't tell you how happy I am. I must see 30 Wentz Jerseys every Sunday during the season. So many people bought them the SB year. They were convinced they found their QB for next 15 years with more SB's a coming. They are so shiny and new. Guess they can sell them on Ebay:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    TBH I thought Doug Pederson was gonna be the next big name coach because of that win. Figured he accomplished what Andy never could. And then he goes and wins one with KC.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I haven't heard that but if that's the case then he is going to the perfect place for him to play in Indiana. We're some of the nicest people ya'll have ever met. He'll be hanging out at bonfires, 4 wheeler, ATV gatherings and country backyard bars with some fine country women and good outdoor party music and live barn dances. Hunting is a ritual around these parts and everyone shares deer jerky in late November. He could throw three INT's in the biggest game of his life and the neighbors will still bake him an apple pie and invite him to hog roasts.

It's a different planet from Philthydelpia that's for sure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Another report I posted some time ago was about his inability and lack of desire to receive instruction and criticism on his play. Perhaps getting back with Reich will help with that, but if you will not look at video and receive instruction and try to learn from your mistakes you wont last long.

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Eagle won their Super Bowl because Brady dropped a pass.
    Always remember that.

12. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Truth. I'm a Hoosier by birth and whether near or far have enjoyed many a festive family get-together here over the years. A backdrop of John Cougar Mellancamp always takes me back.

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'm a transplant from Pittsburgh with 12 acres and two fishing ponds about an hour from Mellencamps home and I ain't going nowhere. Couldn't buy better neighbors.

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Wentz was never quite the same guy after he hurt his knee that SB yr. He looked like the league MVP before the injury. And I figured Philly had no chance once he was lost. But Foles played out of his mind, won a SB, and you had a QB controversy.
    Well see if a change of scenery helps Wentz.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Ain’t that America.

• Like Like x 3
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm confused I thought it was definite he was coming to the Steelers? Next you're gonna tell me we won't get JJ Watt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    For those of you that are thrilled about Pittsburgh not being in the "Carson Wentz Sweepstakes", consider this. At what point was Pittsburgh ever in contention? Even then, Carson Wentz going to the Colts is not the biggest storyline coming at all from this.... rather, the one that is going unnoticed.

All this tells me is that, with Anthony Costanzo now retired, Indy is likely going to cash in on Samuel Cosmi or Jalen Mayfield. Of the two, Cosmi fits more of Reichs style; an Offensive Lineman I think many of us can scratch off the list. If not Cosmi, do not be surprised if Liam Eichenberg is the pick.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Big stick nick too

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What's this got to do about Wentz? Lol

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How much dead money did Philly have to eat? it is hard to recover from this large mistake.
    i begged the Steelers not to overpay Ben R. . We also will be eating alot of dead cap money,
    This makes it bad to improve your team.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Guess i'm in the minority when I say Wentz is just not great. Good QB, not great. And off injured. Maybe with a solid run game and he can be a manager their is a possibility he will excel. From what I have seen the jury is still out.

23. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Who really cary es. Wentz has a glass jaw, if he got hit as many times Ben has, he would never get off the injury list.

24. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    He was never the same after he was hurt in their SB year. Eagles got rid of their George Blanda (Foles) and then rolled the dice with a big contract as well. He still may end up being very successful with the right supporting cast but who can tell.

25. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    $33.9M. Largest dead money hit in league history.