1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Glad your not a GM!! You think 15 million for a guy you admit isn’t a #1?
    Sign me up for 2 million a year to be the water boy on your team please!! Lol

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Depends. Some teams really struggle to draft receivers so a plug & play option like Juju where you know what you are getting might be attractive, especially if you have a lot of cap space, Colts, Patriots, Dolphins etc.

He makes no sense for the Steelers given how their roster is set up and their needs in other areas.

3. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Not saying I would pay him $15 million but some team will. The Jets would make a ton of sense because Schuster is the type of WR who can help a young QB gain confidence. And while I don’t think he’s a 1 he’s a great 2.

What’s incredible to me is the Steelers spend absolutely nothing on the WR position - under $7 million total last year - and they’re still up against the cap.

4. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018

So by that logic then your willing to pay 20 bucks for a McDonald’s hamburger. Again glad your not a GM.
    He makes no sense for any team at 15 million was the point. He’s not a #1 receiver. He’s just not. If I have 100 dollars in my pocket I’m not going to pay that for a McDonald’s hamburger just cause I have more money than what it’s worth.

juju is a #2 at best and he’s really a slot receiver which puts him in the #2 to #3 range of receivers and he’s proven that without a strong receiver next to him he can’t thrive. So if you pay him 15 million as a #2 - #3 receiver then your gonna have to pay your #1 and possibly a #2 20 - 25 million. Have we seen things like this happen? Yes we have it’s called bad teams with bad GMS that over spend cause they aren’t good at their jobs. By this logic you would then have 45 - 60 million tied up in 3 receivers that’s 25 - 30 percent of your cap space. Add in a 30 million qb (average pay) and now half of your cap is tied up in 4 players. Who’s gonna block for them? You realize you still have 49 more players to sign right?

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How much confidence did our young QB's gain in 2019 with JuJu?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Ok a decent OL and an OC who has a clue are necessary too lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Go buy yourself that BigMac. You're not yourself when you're hungry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Bizarre logic. You are using a total extreme to try to prove your point. Nobody is going to go out and pay four receivers $60m between them. I never advocated for that and you know it.

Im also not convinced Juju has to have a superstar next to him, he was very good this year and produced with awful QB play at times. 2019 was the only down year Juju had and we all know why that was, playing in the leagues worst offence with Mason / Duck, and being banged up all year. A reliable slot / outside receiver like Juju who can give you a go-to option underneath is a valuable commodity in the NFL. He is better than the vast majority of #2 WR’s and will get you near or over 1,000 yards and 8-10 TDS. Many teams will value that, especially if they don’t have a legit #1. You don’t, fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

Every team has their own way to build their roster. Steelers are about to pay TJ Watt close to $30m a year, others would say that it’s insane to tie that much up in one player. It doesn’t make them right, or the Steelers wrong.

Why aren’t you a GM yourself BTW, given that you clearly know everything?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Is Claypool ready to be the no. 1 receiver? He struggled when teams caught on and started to focus on him

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Considering the state of many GM's and their organizations, @Mike T might be overqualified. But his relationship with a particular fast-food chain might be a conflict of interest, or at least lead to high cholesterol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Fair point

12. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    But it's really, really hard for me to take him seriously with that name. And he needs to end his posts with a Tomlinism.

BigMac bla bla bla. JuJu bla bla bla. So men, pull your trousers up by the bootstraps and tip your caps into the wind, but don't get windy about cap space or put your boots on first.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Don't forget Rae Rae.

14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Can you u
    Can you use negative numbers?

15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    A
    Are you saying MT is over qualified to run a fast food joint? I'd challenge that with no reservations. Actually, I don't know WTF you're taking about.

16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Well what the cap hit right now for Ben if back? Who should we call insane because it's a giant corn hold on us right now.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If Ben comes back, I see almost no chance they sign JuJu but if Ben leaves then I can see them bringing JuJu back to give Mason/Haskins/draft pick the best chance to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Why didn't Ben make boo boo look good. Ben makes receivers.

19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A couple of years ago they made AB the highest paid WR and were up against the Cap..as they are every year. It is just a matter of schematics, when particular players rookie deals run out and who you choose(or try) to retain. If it were not for the virus the team would still be tight, but at least in a position to make an offer if they wanted to retain him. It is really no different, every few years the restructures catch up and some more guys leave than they can keep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Fichtner is to blame for JuJu not running longer routes, he has shown he can make plays down the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No he's just not a vertical threat nor s number 1 wr. He cant consistently win against the top corners on the outside.

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't say he was a #1 WR, it doesn't mean he can't make plays down the field still, AB fanboy.

• Like Like x 2
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That aint his game. He's a possession wr and he aint even all that at that