1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want Ben as our starting QB in 2021?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

79 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yes Ben should have. Brady had him reeled in with no problem. He never went at brady.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s so sad you believe that :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Well, I’m not going to beat the point to death. They said Brady was done earlier this year too. Will they take a QB if a great one falls in their lap? Of course, but it’s great to have the luxury of having Ben while you do. I would arrange Ben’s money, cuz I think he’ll do it, for two more while I look. Add a runner while you do. AND I bet they do just that. Let’s see...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Member

May 8, 2019
    No Quarter Back can win a super bowl without a running game. Connor is always hurt and is not big enough. he is not franco harrism nor jerome bettis. Get pittsburgh a running game.

5. Godzilla

Godzilla Member

May 8, 2019
    Coaching sucks.........he got his super bowl of the team that cowler made.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Talking nonsense :facepalm:, who the heck is Cowler?

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Think he's a 1950s DC villain. The Cowler:stogie:

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Steeler fan 1975

Steeler fan 1975 Member

Dec 9, 2020
    I agree Ben has been done for a few years now.He thinks his way or no way.Its time to go find a real rookie who loves the game of football,and go off of that.Thanks for all you have done Ben,I personally believed in you but that is that.Also need a new running back,one that is as close to the Bus as humanly possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steeler fan 1975

Steeler fan 1975 Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Its time to move on.Ben is done.There is no my way or no way in Pittsburgh.Need to draft a young qb who loves the game,not there ego.Also need to find a running back like the Bus as humanly as possible.Ypu may think Im dreaming,the last many years has been a nightmare!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You have to be able to chase down a snap that goes over your head.
    That moment in the Super Bowl is what made my mind up.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The only major restructures I see coming currently are both Stephon Tuitt and Cameron Heyward at present. No one else can have their contract restructured at this point in time anyhow. More info can be found here.

As in for the rest of the team, quite a bit of tough decisions. Of course, it is too early to speculate on much of anything as Free Agency is not here yet. That said, there are some clues as to who gets cut. For one, I believe it is time Pittsburgh bids Vince Williams farewell. He has had one heck of a run here as well. However, I just do not see him having the same level of impact in 2021 that he did from 2016-2019. Furthermore, the game has evolved to such a point that Linebackers essentially need to be speedsters in more cases than they should. However, Pittsburgh likes to keep a balance when deploying their corps. That said, grabbing Devin Bush Jr. a partner in crime is going to be quite the interesting story line moving forward.

Another is Joe Haden who counts $15 Million against the cap. Does Joe Haden have one more season left in him?! That also remains to be seen.

What about Maurkice Pouncey?! Does he retire or not?! No word on that just yet.

Biggest one though is still Big Ben and what he wants to do with his contract. I imagine he will re-negotiate on the contract but how much longer the wait goes could mean there is either some offsetting language or an impasse. Thankfully the latter has not happened but the former might be in play. However, we are over 48 hours removed from the Super Bowl so I suspect it is not too big an problem.

Overall, this will be quite the intriguing offseason; one that has not been this tense in some time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steeler fan 1975

Steeler fan 1975 Member

Dec 9, 2020

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Hmm....

Interesting aspect about this Twitter Handle is that said Twitter Page has done quite a bit of interviews from former Steelers players and coaches; greats even. That said, while he does mention "Veteran" in his tweet, that is such a board term that it could even be anyone who is not a rookie; 2019 Class even as those players are no longer rookies. The only confirmed player that I know of who liked the signing of Haskins was Chase Claypool

I have said it once and will say it again; cautious optimism and skepticism clashing for me.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steeler fan 1975

Steeler fan 1975 Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Whoever it is I hope they watch more film,as far back as Bens rookie year.Both sides need to watch film.Who lets the running back run through the A gap REALLY!Cant see a opened receiver,throw the ball more than 20 yards.How about tackle the person with the ball.Ben is not the only reason they lost,win as a team,lose as a team!See you next season!

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    People are quick to give up on Haskins but he has only been in the league 2 years. He was never supposed to start his first season, was supposed to sit and learn and injuries forced him to play. The coaching staff never wanted him either and I’m not sure why some regard Rivera as some legendary coach that can’t be wrong. Washington is a highly dysfunctional team.

He has all the talent in the world, it’s in between the ears that is the question. If he can learn the X’s and O’s, we could be talking about this being one of the best moves the Steelers ever made.

Cautious optimism and skepticism is a good way to put it but his signing is a shot worth taking.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Perhaps Mike Sullivan is the guy to get the most out of him then. Guy definitely is an X's and Os type of coach with a no nonsense type of attitude that he brings to the table. Will be interesting to see for certain. As I have already stated though, Haskins panning out relieves the 2022 NFL Draft in a TREMENDOUS WAY.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It's facts. It's also a reason gronk literally followed brady to Tampa and watch how many others jump on the bandwagon

18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The level that Pouncey is actually able to play at was on display over the past two years and especially in the first possession of our last game. What more are you looking for? The approach to the run game was simple: why should we continue to do it when our line can't block and get 1 yard in 3 tries. This is not rocket science to figure out what needs to be done.

19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We talking about taming a wild animal or a NFL player? Or, is being a shrink now a new criteria for NFL QBs? My fantasy AB mental idiot therapy would have been an old fashion blanket party by the OL.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Facts?!

Based on what?!

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    While AB is a complete f*ckhead, I have to admit TB somehow kept him under control. Of course letting him live in your house is a bit odd.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Based on the fact that TB has won 6 championships previously?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s not facts, it’s your effed up views of the world. And what the heck does Gronk have to do with it? Was he a problem child too that needs to be reigned in by Brady?

I already know AB road Brady’s coattails for a ring, that’s not what we’ve been arguing for 8,000 pages.

That’s not our debate, he’s blaming Ben for AB’s problems, that Bens leadership is responsible for AB being a malcontent. I’ve never made the argument with him that Ben is better than Brady in anything but his mind works in strange ways when you debate him.

Besides, Brady didn’t do anything, AB’s desire for a ring kept him in line, for a whopping 8 games, big deal. Ben played with him for 8 years.

Let’s see if AB stays out of the news this offseason now that he has a ring. People drinking serious koolaid if they think he is going to be a model citizen all of a sudden. He has mental issues, you don’t just flip a switch and be done with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, again, FA is conflating things, it’s dizzying trying to debate him.

• Winner Winner x 1