1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers not getting 10-0 Respect

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t care what the media types have to say.

Add their words to $3.99 and you can get a bag of chips.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Talk about no respect, hell I am Steeler fan and a Notre Dame fan. Two undefeated teams that play second fiddle to KC and Alabama, I am the definition of Rodney Dangerfield. I’ll say one thing though I love Saturdays and Sundays in 2020! These “EXPERTS” can kiss my a$$ my teams are undefeated!

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Who's your chip guy? I can do better than that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Remember before the college football playoff system when national rankings were the measuring stick by which the top teams were determined. The writers and coaches used strength of victory when doing their ranking and Joe Paterno would never run up the score like Bowden did in Florida. Winning the game was what mattered not humiliating the other team. It was done with class but I'm also glad the NFL doesn't operate that way. 10-0 is 10 and OHhhhhhhhhh, suck it sports writers .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The game played in Pitt was addressed in another thread a week or so ago. Back then the playoff home games were on a rotational basis. IDK the reasoning except the merger had just taken place a couple of years prior, so the format was still a an evolving format.

6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    whatever...……… we can only beat whomever is put in front of us...…….. and I guess i'm in the minority when I say that KC doesn't frighten me...…….. Yes, they can score, but so can we..... and unlike KC, we have a defense that can make stops.... as far as i'm concerned, let the haters hate and we'll continue to add to the W column

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I'll be a believer when we're not "1 and done" in the playoffs.

8. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Yeah they say Steelers are too close meanwhile Kc struggled like hell with the raiders. I wasn’t really impressed to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks Vox. Forgot about the recent merge and relatively new playoff system at that time. Not sure if the Steelers/Dolphins AFCCG was where Shula took an intentional safety in the end zone with his punter with only seconds remaining knowing the Steelers would still need a TD to win after the free kick.

10. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Good stuff. Pittsburgh also beat the Pats that year 33 - 3. Although, not sure that is saying much considering the Pats went 3 - 11. They had Jim Plunkett on their roster.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    So basically if we go 16-0 you aren't a believer. My gosh, it's got to suck to be a steeler fan in your home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    May be totally wrong, but I believe that was on a Monday night game. Both Terry's were injured and it was rookie Joe Gilliam's first appearance and he nearly pulled it off for the comeback.

That was a long time ago! But I recall Dandy Don Meredith and Howard Cosell startled at Jefferson Street Joe's amazing arm.

13. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Who im tired of hearing are these so called experts at pro football focus. They have Jackson less then a point behind Ben. That dude flat out socks as a passed and for that kind of rating shows serious bias or flat out stupidity

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    If they lose the divisional round of the playoffs what good is 16-0?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The argument that Pittsburgh has just skated by is a false narrative. You don’t have the best point differential in football without beating the hell out of some teams. The Steelers are legitimately a good team, whether folks want to admit it or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They make a good can cozy or so I'm told by Patriots fans.

17. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mahomes is hard to hit, because he can avoid the pass rush and throw on the run, the Raiders blitzed him and didn't get a sack.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Chiefs have allowed 13 sacks, Steelers and colts are number 1 with 10 sacks allowed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    However the Raiders made it too easy for Mahones to go down the field for the last touchdown drive. They never blitzed him and made it too easy. If the Steelers did that (just watched him pass down the field) without blitzing him even once I would of been pis..ed

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018

What does 16-0 matter if we lose the first playoff game? That would be embarrassing, imho. But, I very much think it could happen.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    We could go 16-0 in the regular season and win every game by 30, ben could average 350yds and 3td's a game and he wouldn't be in the MVP discussion. Media has a grudge against him for something.

I mean, Kyler Murray has 4 losses at this point and isn't a numbers machine, but he's in the conversation more than ben.

23. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    NE had the easiest schedule in the league for nearly every year that TB was up there. Always had the AFCE, which was almost always utter garbage every year, always seemed to face the worst NFC division and the next worst AFC division year in and year out - and that was never brought up by anyone but opposing fans.

As for x-place schedule, the implication there is it's a big difference. It is not. 14/16 games are identical to everyone else in your division. Two whole games are based on the previous years finish. Historically, the AFCW, N,and S haven't had teams staying at the top of the division for any extended period of time it rotates between teams. AFCE was the exception. None of the NFC divisions had perennial champs either.

That 'first place schedule' for the chiefs - for example - has the chiefs having to face the eventual 3rd place team in the AFCN (as of now anyhow). The second place schedule of the steelers has them facing the 3rd or 4th place Broncos from the AFCW. The cheatriots finished first last year giving them balt (3rd place this year) and Houston (3rd) while they are sitting in 3rd in the east. It's relative.

24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

The Pats had so much success for so long because their division was never competitive toward them.

Bills could never replace Kelly. until Josh Allen came along.
    Jets had a couple good years with good defense but never had a franchise QB, Sanchez held them back.
    Dolphins could neve replace Marino.

Pats would win like 6 games a year automatically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Blitz him and he runs, you don’t and he passes. Only thing I’ve seen stop him is dropped passes or a bum ankle.

still... he bleeds lol