1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Seen Governor Wolf is talking about mandating mask wearing for the PLAYERS!.In state Pittsburgh and Philly games, Even players would have to wear masks Wtf...

That would have to be very tough, right? Especially the play calling!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The risk to the general public is minute when compared to most other situations as far as I can tell. This smacks of Wolf making an example out of a very visible, high profile group of people. These teams are cloistered away as much as possible to avoid getting sick in the first place. He has no say in Jacksonville this Sunday anyway, right? The Steelers and Eagles brass should tell him to piss up a rope.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Go look at photos of athletes in 1918, specifically baseball players. They all played wearing masks. And everyone on the stands was wearing masks.
    Everyone seemed to have survived the mask wearing.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Outright nonsense. I’ll be glad when someone sues the ass off of this guy.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Well...I could see be massive 300+ men, sweating their Asses off, struggling with their breathing with masks on...Was the point I was trying to make

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    According to what Lolley and Williamson were talking about yesterday the mask wearing for most sports in PA is giving the NFL an exemption but everything else from wrestling to amateur Basketball leagues are required.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You know what? I hadn't even looked at that before. Thanks for pointing that out.

8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Your comparing baseball in 1918 with football in 2020? I think things have changed a little since then and comparing the 1918 flu that killed 1/10th of the world population with Covid-19 is a stretch. Did you see those 1918 fans 6 feet apart as well? I'd be fine if we could let all into the stadiums if we just wore masks. Apples and oranges IMO>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That must have made chewing and smoking less enjoyable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    The Steelers and Eagles have 6 regular season games between them remaining. Counting playoffs? 3 more, max. If the Wolf administration thought those games posed such a risk to the general population, then why wouldn't they petition or appeal in some manner to the league to either cancel the games outright or have them played elsewhere? The answer is that they won't because it would be a P.R. disaster. The next best thing is to get the NFL to work for them. "See, the professional athletes are wearing masks while in public, doing their jobs. Why aren't you?" Pitt has a game tomorrow against VT at Heinz Field. How many college games are scheduled to be played in Pa.? Why not make them wear masks?

Think about it. The bigger risk(s) are people gathering without social distancing sans masks drinking and partying. I heard of deaths from Covid where contact tracing proved the infection came from a social gathering like a wedding, birthday party or just a good 'ole kegger at someone's camp. I don't like Wolf at all, but I will admit that overall, he has done a good job with the cards he's been dealt. In my opinion, this discussion about requiring NFL players to wear masks is simply ridiculous. I think the NFL is doing a pretty good job with the protocols they have in place as long as teams follow them to the letter.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hey man!!

How have you been?!?!

13. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    F*** wolf

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    That's Levine's job.

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    people whining about their inability to breath wearing a mask are full of crap.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I almost came to blows with two guys at work and their insistence that their freedom was being infringed on. My brother in law thought that so when his girls had Covid-19 and came home for a day to do laundry he didn't mask up. Then he came up to work on our car and ended up with Covid-19 and giving it to both of his parents. My wife and stepdaughter had to be tested as well. I followed CDC guidelines and masked up and didn't get it. He is now a firm believer in masks.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Real men swallowed their mail pouch juice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree almost wholeheartedly, but when it comes to blows, well she can take her mask off.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Listened to my brother go off with his anti-mask rant at the end of the summer. When he's on his soap box, it is a study in futility trying to reason with him. I just said you do what you do and I'll do what I do and I'll see you again when it's safe to do so without a mask on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Forgot about that thing

21. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    no one was more careful than me when it came to masks and washing my hands. I even wore gloves to the supermarket. Sanitized the shopping cart and my hands. Stayed at least 6 feet away from everyone. I'm 65 so I'm at a higher risk. I got it anyway. So there's the effectiveness of masks. Are you telling me that none of the people getting it right now never wore a mask? I was sick with what felt like a bad cold for about 5 days. Now I'm fine. Wife had it she's 63 was sick for about 4 days and was fine. So please don't tell me masks are effective in fighting this disease. I wear a mask because I want people to leave me the hell alone. That's the ONLY reason I wear one now. So go ahead and mask up if you want that's your right. But please don't tell me it's effective

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I cannot breathe well with a mask on. So I guess I'm full of crap. I stopped going to church because I am unable to sit for an hour and a half while breathing into a mask. When in the store I pull it down when I can so I can get a breathe and move on. But I appreciate your evaluation of me as being full of crap. Thank you

23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    im a superintended for a high end custom home builder. I’ve been in construction decades. I’ve worn masks for 8-10 hours a day for lord knows how many days. I’ve never had carbon dioxide poisoning or upper respiratory infections or any of the other crap found on those stupid videos and memes. This crying over wearing a mask thing is ****ing asinine. Put a mask on walk in the grocery store and leave 30 minutes later. Oh the horror. No shirt, no shoes, no service. Well now you can add masks to the list.

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I just call them like I see them so to speak. Only in this instance it’s from decades of wearing them for 8-10 hours a day.

25. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Again...If you're 330 pounds, smashing into someone of similar weight...play after play... Don't Tell me having a mask on wouldn't affect your breathing... I'm not a Doctor but I can GUARANTEE you, your breathing would be more rapid, and constricted...Fight me! :beee:

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.