1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vince Williams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Vince Williams had 10 tackles 1 sack and 2 tackles for loss. This guy is playing lights out right now.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He also leads the league with 12 tackles for a loss.
    Playing very well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not bad for a guy who was deemed "over the hill" by some media pundits out there!! Have always liked Vince's aggression and throwback playstyle. We will need that again against Baltimore.

• Like Like x 4
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Let's hope he can repeat that performance against the Ravens.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He did have a good game. Listening to tunch on the radio, he kept talking about spillane and blowing up the blocker and altering the play for Vince to make the tackle. This wasn't working that well when Vince was taking on the blocker and Bush was to make the tackles. This combo may work better. It's not always as it seems by eye shot. A guy doing the dirty work for another to shine. This combo may actually be better. Maybe skill and and Bush would be better then that next year.going to be interesting to watch.:cool:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Vince is "slow" for an NFL LB but he is a rock solid guy in the middle. There are reasons why the Steelers keep him around for so long. Reminds me of a Gay or Townsand. Isn't a great player but won't make many mistakes to hurt the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Vince has become a beast and a tone setter for this team. He has always been a leader on the team. This years play has been outstanding to this point.

He has been hitting ppl all year. Last week he smashed hunt on the sideline.
    I have always liked VW bc he is an old school player and he would have been great for those days back in the 90’s...However, he has gained wisdom of the game over the years and this helps..Along with dropping some pounds and he has gotten faster..

That hit he gave Tanabum....was awesome... loved it..

keep smacking them 98

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Vince is a Steeler through and through

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We're going to need him to spy LJ. I don't think Spillane is the guy for that job. If Vince can contain LJ up the middle, Bud and TJ can set the edge on the way to him. Funnel him into the middle where Cam, Stephon, and Alualu can lay the lumber.

And if we get rid of the bad decisions on offense and make hay on the scoreboard, LJ is going to succumb to the pressure, get frustrated, and start making mistakes.

We can win this game decisively if we play our game and don't make dumb mistakes. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone feel that after the hit he laid on Tanahill that the Titans might have skirted the league's concussion protocol? I mean it was a violent collision was there time to check him before the next play?

11. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    my understanding is that hits are reviewed by independent medical personnel in the booth. if they saw that he was likely concussed they can stop the game. since contact was on the shoulder and he bounced right up I assume they felt intervention was not warranted. i do wonder if he was examined later but I am guessing not

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Not true. TJ Watt leads the league, according to ESPN, with 13. Had 3 yesterday, including a sack. But damned, they are still 1/2 in the league.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Admittedly I didn’t fact check it, but that’s what was reported on the post game show on Steeler nation radio by Charlie batch and Stan Saverin.

14. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    I just go to ESPN. Don't get to listen to the radio much, cause here the only station carries, um, the Giants. But Watt 1/Vince #2 is still good.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You can listen to Steeler nation radio on your smart phone through steelers.com or iHeartRadio.

16. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Get Steelersnation on the laptop. Its how I follow the games when we're getting Buffalo/Jets while 95% of the nation is getting Steelers/Titans. Would probably have to download an app to get iheartradio, and just prefer not to do that.

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I expect better

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Still our best tackler and blitzer.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I not sure how much I trust the "independent" medical personnel. That being said I look at three things on that hit.

1.) VWill puts a shoulder into his body stopping forward momentum and his head moves forward with his brain possibly being slammed into the front part of the skull and helmet.

2.) The hit forces him onto back and he hits the ground snapping his head backwards again moving his brain against the skull even if it doesn't hit the ground or hit it hard its still an almost whiplash effect.

3.) And third he loses control of the ball not because of a separating hit but because he loses the ability to maintain his hold on it for even a brief second.

Who knows maybe they did determine that he showed no symptoms of concussion but it seemed very much like the Colt McCoy situation some years ago.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I tried that while traveling a couple of weeks ago. I got the Steelers pregame fine. At 1 iHeartRadio said I could not have the Steelers game because I was out of area or something?

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s correct. No game broadcast from mobile device. It works on laptop.

22. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I remember somewhere they were talking about having sensors that could monitor the forces. Seems like that would help with subjectivity when looking at a hit to at least identify high risk collisions.

This article claims that they added the independent personnel after the McCoy incident. And stopped someone from reentering when the video showed collapse.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-game...tifying, screening and diagnosing concussions.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Vince is actually doing really well in coverage this year

24. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'll be honest, I don't know when he has been absolutely terrible in coverage. He has always been serviceable, the coaches just didn't give him a chance.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011