1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens pregame- I’m scared

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 26, 2020.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jk. Screw em

FDBD89E1-809D-4F15-99BC-CB71DE9DAA69.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You and Glenn can hold hands ;+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    If we can limit Henry's yards, we can contain Lamar Jackson. If we limit his running yards and he has to throw, I like our chances.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If we play sound football we can contain Jackson, but Henry and Jackson are like night and day. Stopping one has nothing to do with containing the other. Jackson typically runs outside, Henry runs right up the gut. Completely different styles

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. SteelerinKC

Sep 23, 2016
    I hear you. That said, if Jackson gets hit by Spillane or Vince like Henry was yesterday, he isn't getting back up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    My only real concern is if they abandon the run and try to beat us through the air. LJ can buy time against our pressure like no other qb we've faced, or will likely face, including Mahomes. Mahomes brings a totally different set of problems. But if LJ is able to avoid our rush with his legs, he can find open receivers to throw to. That's a concern.

I don't know if opposing teams can even run the ball just to keep us honest at this point. We're stopping the run on the way to the qb. No one is going to use the run to set up the pass. So why even try? Our Achilles heel is our secondary. I would throw early and often until we can stop the pass and try to wear out our front 7. I honestly don't know how successful that will be against us, but it's pretty much the best shot that anyone has at this point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course, but it's very rare for Jackson to take big hits. The opportunities to crush a guy like Jackson don't come along very often

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m more scared of the Steelers than Ravens at this point.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If a team only throws against us we will eventually adjust and start pressuring. Titans were lucky we didn’t get that fumble or int

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Devin Bush’s injury will be felt much more in this game. I’d agree it’s a very different assignment for the defence than the Titans game.

Jackson is not running as much as he was last year. I have heard a theory that the Ravens are determined to develop their passing game and are deliberately going away from the run. They might go all in on the run next Sunday as it’s a game they need to win.

11. SteelerinKC

Sep 23, 2016
    Excellent post. This is where discipline by the D-line will be absolutely KEY. I am wondering if the objective will be to be a tad less aggressive. Will the front 3/4 essentially stay in their lanes? That would keep Jackson from taking off if something opens up. I have noticed many instances this season where the edges collapse on the QB and he can step up into the middle to run.

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is the key. The Steelers are a good football team. They will win most weeks just by playing their game, and not beating themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Lamar ≠ Ryan Tannehill in terms of passing the Football one bit. Ryan can throw the Football. Lamar has regressed in that area. For that matter, I look for Minkah Fitzpatrick to bounce back.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SteelerinKC

Sep 23, 2016
    Rare, but not impossible. Vince and Spillane were crushing people all over the field yesterday.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are gonna get a whoopin'

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Care to place a gentleman's wager?!

I'm game!! :sneak:

• Like Like x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Minkah looks dazed and confused. This is not the same Fitz from 2019.

18. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Well...Spillane was credited with 3 tackles. One of them was an assist on Henry at the goal line. He represented himself well, but to say he was crushing people all over the field might be a little bit of an overstatement. But then again, his hit on Henry is probably worth 5 tackles just by itself. ;)

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He needs to do it this week. At times last season, Fitzpatrick was a key part of containing running quarterbacks because he has the athleticism, but he was doing a lot better job of tackling. It would be great to have Hilton, too. Sutton was good Sunday, but they need Hilton's more physical play against the Ravens.

20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I don't think we change our aggressiveness. LJ hasn't faced a front 7 like ours who can get home without a blitz, or the accompanying blitz packages that throw confusion at qb's who aren't ready for it (i.e., LJ). This is where we're going to miss Bush. He could have been a spy just for LJ. I don't think Spillane is the guy for that. Vince probably will get the lion's share of mirroring LJ. But I would love to see a couple timed blitzes right up the middle from Splltrain. Just one Spilltrain plant of LJ would do it.

Just think about this for a moment...LJ sees daylight right up the middle and goes for it, just to be met head on by Spilltrain as he steps into the gap. Can you imagine LJ taking the hit that Henry did from Spilltrain and getting up from it? I can't.

21. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I think we will be ok against LJ. We did great last year against him, esp when we played them at home. I think we can build from that. This D is better this year so I have high hopes for team...

We have to stop the Ravens TE and Brown. I think we can limit the run game of the Ravens. I know if they run that option, make sure you hit the QB as hard and as much as you can. I don’t think LJ don’t really wanna get hit by this team.

At the end of the day. It comes down to Oline and Dline....Who’s going to dominate the line of scrimmage????

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Memories of the Tebow game

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You mean the same Fitzpatrick that made paydirt after creating takeaways?! That Fitzpatrick seems to have never left. My concern with Fitz right now is not his abilities in coverage. My concern is his tackling.

He has to get better overall. For that matter, he better. Baltimore is not an easy test by any means.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He has shown that he can do it. He had some good open-field tackles last season. One against Kyler Murray comes to mind. It is one thing if he can't bring down someone like Henry on his own, but he can't be missing entirely like he did against A.J. Brown yesterday.

25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I was concerned going into the Tennessee game, and that worked out ok...So, I'm not concerned, conserning the concerned part