1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are the Jaguars expected to be the worst team this upcoming season?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersfan35, Aug 12, 2020.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    I understand that they've declined ever since the AFC Championship game, but I don't know why people are already writing them off when they haven't even played a single game yet.

IMO, it'll all depend on the development of Gardner Minshew, along with certain key players stepping up as well.

I also don't see them going 0-16, but they'll still miss the playoffs (7-9 at best, 4-12 at worst) maybe 9-7 or 8-8 if they get lucky.

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They have some very talented players but there are holes everywhere on that roster too. I’d agree that a lot depends on Minshew. If he is legit then that’s a huge help. I like Chark and Fournette and their OLine isn’t terrible.

They have a lot of change happening on defence with Ramsey and Bouye gone and Nguakwe not showing up. They went heavy on defence in the draft so I suppose if those guys work out they’ll be ok.

It looks like a reset year at best. I don’t know if they will have the top overall pick at the end but it would not surprise me. So much depends on Minshew. If he struggles I don’t think they have the talent or leadership elsewhere to overcome it.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think the Bengals are in the hunt for the worst team next year.

4. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Jets or Jags IMO

If the Bungles stay healthy they should be much improved

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    @HeinzMustard #:facepalm: will have the Jags favored to beat the Steelers for the November 22 game.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    What? When did I say that? If there is a season, the most organized team will be prosperous. Steelers are one of the most organized teams in the NFL. It's now or never for Roethlisberger and Tomlin. Take hold of the opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Rebuild year imo. Green can't finish a season, their best defender taps out about mid-season, they don't know how to use Mixon. Poor Burrow kid.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The world really is ending huh

9. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I see them going about 5-11 or 6-10

The amount of talent they have added is going under the radar a bit. Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Green, Ross, Mixon. That could be a good group, and they are getting their first round tackle from 2019 Jonah Williams back from injury as well as other improvements on the line.

They have also added solid guys to the defence like Vonn Bell, Trae Wayne, DJ Reader and Mike Daniels

If Burrow is as good as advertised then they are very much arrow up imo. No way I see them in the conversation for the first overall pick unless Burrow is a complete bust or he gets injured

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  11. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Personnel wise they are not that terrible on offence but with a first year OC they are certainly at a disadvantage.

It’s crazy to think they picked Fournette fourth overall in 2017. Chicago get killed for selecting Trubisky in that draft but there were other teams with major misses in the top ten before Watson and Mahomes went off the board.

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol, we're not that far apart I'll go with 3-5 wins 4th in the AFCN. Green seems he wants out & Ross had a whopping 28 catches last year because he isn't on the field very often. Mixon is a plus but Burrows doesn't have a stacked team like he had last year.

I hardly see a NFL team bring in a slew of free agents & turn things around. Limited interaction this year also won't be helping in that department.

My biggest factor in nominating the Bengals is their defense. One of the worst in the NFL last year. A shaky back end (we know about that) led to the worst defense against the run because teams get up on them & run out the clock. That dline has to be their bread & butter because not much behind it.

Burrows might end up looking like Rudolph because he will be forced into passing the ball. I think they are in a rebuilding year, just like the Jaguars. Having Green & Ross on the field will go a long way in helping Burrows in his 1st year. Recent history says that is unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There's not going to be a preseason, so for once... all 31 other teams will be as terrible as the Steelers in September. :thumbs_up:

Steelers offense will be a Chinese Fire Drill until October.... hopefully the D and special teams can make some plays. We may even witness a team false start their way to a safety from their own 25 yard line. The month of September is gonna be one helluva clown show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I like this thinking. The steelers have rare continuity going in to 2020, having a settled defence to start the season should be huge, and a major advantage over other teams who are dependent on rookies and free agents to learn their systems.

Anything less than a 3-1 start will be a huge disappointment to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Jags sitting at the top of the AFCS.

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Because they will probably finish 1-15, don't you love hindsight:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    How things change

• Agree Agree x 1