1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Macs mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Jan 31, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It's early so I don't know how doable it is but here goes.

2. Zack baun olb wisc.
    3. Patrick queen ILB lsu
    4. Damon Arnnette cb OSU
    4. Jordan fuller s OSU
    6. Cohl cabral c/g/t ASU
    7. Mitchell Wilcox TE USF

Priority UDFA

John penisini DT Utah check this guy out. 6-2 333 don't look that heavy so just be muscle. 37 tackles last year from a DT spot. Utah had a good defense.

Cole McDonald qb. Hawaii I know we don't need one, but this kid has some game about him. If he goes undrafted, he could be a steal down the road. We have a qb coach now. If not we are out nothing. May be a gem that goes under the radar. Check him out.

There you go. I'd like to add a few fast wrs as udfas as well. See what sticks. Check these guys out and see if you see what I see. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Patrick Queen is likely sliding himself into either late 1st to early 2nd round territory. That said, he would definitely be one of my second round choices if he were on the board. He is essentially Devin White all over again.

Pair him with Devin Bush and have unthinkably, colossoal range and speed for the linebackers. Of course, this is assuming Pittsburgh cleans house with Barron, Vince and Tyler. In addition, they will fully elect to give the reigns over to Devin Bush.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    that's a lot of defense, especially when the offense struggled. I know we are getting Ben back, but I bet they go offense if two players are close in value.

Good players though.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Much of this is based off of not bringing back dupree. Signing back feiler and finney. Dumping mcdonald and Barron and foster of course. I don't think dirty red will be signed. I believe spillane will be kept. Dump vince and Pounce y next year. ( 2021) chuks and cabral as the bus this year. Sign vannett. Wilcox can block and catch. Gentry and rader can be the bus. I still think we are ok at rb. :cool:

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    OK, makes sense..

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like the OLB and Safety pick. Which I feel is needed.
    Now if you could substitute another OL and a RB in the mix
    we may have something.

7. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I like your draft!

Isn't Baun also ranked as a 1st rounder?

I was thinking of doing a mock based on D, with Dupree back. Make it stronger. Add in a ball control offense and draft/add a puneter to set up the D.

What are our weaknesses on D?

NT
    VW-ILB ( if Barron is gone, is VW going to be in on passing/blitzing downs)
    3rd S

What are your thoughts on Malik Harrion OSU... or who else do you see us taking in the 2nd or 3rd at ILby

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Cabral is a stud. Very high football iq, team capt.. Played one full season as the starting LT for Arizona st.. If we sign finney, feiler and keep gray, with chuks, we should be in good shape.

Fix this line and I think we are fine at rb. :cool:

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I have seen baun in ranked around our pick. Actually just below. Queen comes in around our 3rd. For now at least.

I think Malik is closer to vince then bush. I have seen him disappear for stretches.

fuller is a really good safety. He was the glue for a fantastic defensive backfield that Ohio state had.

Penisini from Utah is a stud, with size. 333 and no gut. The old built like a brick **** house type. Worth a look if you have time. He can move as well.

I'm not saying all these guys will be around as this draft process moves forward guys will be moving up and down until the draft but for now this group would be a homerun if we could get them. :cool:

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers aren't to choose players on defense with their first 4 picks, that's for sure.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. steeler_george

Jan 18, 2020
    That is from us and the media, but never discount a good DL, ILB, CB, or S that falls to us. This draft is suppose to have a lot of WR and QBs going in the 1st round, and some players with 1st round grades are going to drop to us.

Don't forget and be short sighted, the draft is not just a plan for one year, but for years to come. ( VW, Haden, are getting older)

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    why?,and how would you know that? If we lose dupree, hargraves, burns, davis, dirty red, and have lost kelly, and we dump barron as you want to do, how exactly do you replace those players? :cool:

13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I’m not going to even hazard a guess as to what the Steelers May do, but from the list you gave of “losses”, Dupree will most likely be resigned, Tuitt is back to replace Hargreaves, Burns never saw the field, Davis and Kelly became superfluous when we traded for Fitzpatrick, and Dirty Red is a special teams monster, but downs one to three he just keeps the bench warm.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Tuitt is not a replacement for hargraves. I also forgot to add hilton and chickillo. That's still 9 defensive players that need replaced so drafting 4 is not a huge reach as 6 would like people to believe. :cool:

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They aren't going to draft a CB early, this team needs more help on offense than defense. They drafted Layne at CB last year, and Gilbert at ILB.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And they can replace Hilton with Sutton, replace Chickillo with Ola and Skipper, if they draft 4 players on defense it won't be with their first 4 picks. They need help at WR, OL, and TE and possibly RB.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you still lose 9 players on defense. You have to replace them. Sutton is in his final season with only layne as a backup to all of them.

We have 3 young receivers plus another one in cain. We have gray that could step in for foster even if they release him. That hasn't even been determined yet.

We have chuks to step in for feiler if needed.

We have 5 rbs here minimum at this point. There is no need to spend an early pick on one.

We lose a backup TE. We have a starter and a draft pick and a 3rd in rader still here.

bottom line is we lose way more off this defense that needs replaced then on offense, so yea I can see the first 4 picks going to the defense. That's where starters are leaving from. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. steeler_george

Jan 18, 2020
    I want 2 OL, 1-2 TE, and 3-4 on D draft.

No real need to draft skill players, this year, should do it next year. However I would not object if we took any, but I think we need to strengthen the OL and depth on D. TE is a need that can't be ignored somewhere in the draft.

I see were we are good at WR- 4 all young (JUJU, WASh, DJ18, CAIN) 2 in Switzer and that guy we got from Seattle ( but both can be easily upgraded by UDFA/camp cuts)
    I see we are good for 1 at least one year at RB.- If we have holes all the backs we have should be productive.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not going to happen, they won't lose 9 players on defense, Colbert and Khan will work their magic :thumbs_up:. They had a top 5 defense, and a bottom rated offense, no way they use their top 4 picks on defense.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That makes no sense drafting 2 TEs, they drafted Gentry last year. They need to find a speedy WR in the draft, JuJu is going into the final year of his contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steeler_george

Jan 18, 2020
    When they cut Vance, when they don't pay 5 M to Vannet, ( Gimble was paid 2.5M, JJ 7M by Detroit) and we are stuck with only Gentry and Radar.

We need to retool the TE postion. Look at the Ravens, they drafted Hurst( 1st) and Andrews (3rd) same draft after they let Pitta, and other scrubs go.

I would rather save that money towards JuJu.

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They don't have all their draft picks, so no they won't be drafting 2 TEs, they can probably re-sign Vanett on the cheap. Maybe Gentry takes the next step and becomes the #2 TE.

23. steeler_george

Jan 18, 2020

Why would you waste a draft pick on a WR, unless he is a guaranteed difference maker, when we already have 4 young WR( Juju, Washington, DJ18, and Cain). Yes, I am including Cain, he is the speedster.

The TEs in this draft are not complete, they are mostly looked as receiving TEs or big WR. You could spread them out, line them in the slot, they can be your 5th-6th receivers, all the while have them master their craft at TE, learning to block in the NFL.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    We need a fb that can do many things. That can help the TE spot do many things. We need an offensive line that can allow our TE to do many things. Nix being out hurt this offense. The middle of our offensive line hurt this offense. No deep speed threat hurt this offense. Kyle juszczyk for the niners, and several of the other playoff teams had a good fb this year. The spot isn't dead. :cool:

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I like this and have the same thoughts myself. We desperately need a versatile FB/H Back type like Kyle J. I think the TE Degaura from Cincinnati may fit that role nicely. He doesn’t have prototypical TE size but is solid, compact and seemingly versatile. Good route runner and solid hands. I think he can be had around the 4th. Check him out when you can...