1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Burrow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dagmire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is true, but Burrow is a much better player coming out of college. Of course, the the guy has to survive playing behind the Bengals' line might get him maimed to have a chance to do much as a pro.

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He is agile enough to avoid sacks he does have 767 yards rushing at LSU, and 60 TDs this season with only 6 picks is unheard of as well, if we had a shot at drafting him everybody here would be drooling over this kid....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    1. College greatness doesn't guarantee NFL greatness
    2. It's the Bengals
    3. It's the Bengals

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019

No it usually doesn't but this kid Burrow is special. Whatever it is he has it. Yes the Bengals are the Bengals but they have players and if they dont screw this kid up he will be a huge pain in the ass the play aginst the next 10 years. Personally part of me wants the Steelers to ha e the worst record in the league next year so they are in the running for Lawrence from Clemson

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I agree 100% that he is special but there are two factors which will make me sit back and wait before I get worried about playing him.

1. There are countless guys who were special in college but were soon out of the NFL.
    2. We will never know what we don't know but I think there are countless players who could have been elite in the NFL if they hadn't been picked by bad teams.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Lawrence has talent that is off the charts but the Steelers defense is too good for the team to get the #1 draft pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    My son has been saying the exact same thing for weeks about the Steelers and getting Lawrence.
    It would be pretty exciting to see Lawrence and Burrows along with Jackson and Mayfield all in the same division battling it out for the next decade.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Having a mobile quarterback helps, but even one who can run needs some protection. Dalton can move a little. So can Finley. It didn't help either of them to be particularly productive in 2019.

I'm not dismissing Burrow at all. My only real concern with him is that he only has the one great season. He wasn't nearly that good in 2018. He has the arm. He is an extremely accurate passer. He's got confidence. He seems to have a good feel for the pocket and knowing when to move. He is athletic enough to avoid the rush or to be a threat as a runner. If there is a flaw in his game, I don't know what it is.

That said, he still has to transfer it to the pros.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Actually I think that was after the game the players were smoking cigars in the locker room.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Lawrence played like crap against LSU :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

He should've , he used to play for Ohio state. " Burrow left Ohio State after three seasons as a lightly used reserve. Injuries and an abundance of talent on the roster kept him from winning a starting job."

12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If I were Cincy, as good as I think Burrow will be, I'd call Miami and tell them they can have it for all 3 of their #1's. Seems crazy but you have to at least kick the tires.

13. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    nobody coined the Bengals as preseason sb champs. time to get that drink I was talking about...

14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Everything I am reading online is that Burrows will be refusing to go to Cincinnati.

This would be a good year for a rookie to hold out because of the NFL Players contract.

This is pointing to the players demanding to change how rookie contracts are negotiated. He could avoid signing a rookie contract that would lock him into Cincinnati for the next 5 years, and wait till next year to sign a new contract that may pay him millions more that his standard 2020 rookie contract on the current CBA Agreement.

Good time for a rookie to roll the dice and hold out until the following year when there will be a new CBA agreement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So?!

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am not worried either. Same reasons you listed. If Cincy were smart, they would draft a true difference maker in Chase Young as he carries zero risk. Now, with Chase Young, you give your arch enemy in the Steelers someone to think about.

Myles Garrett has already shown he is capable of rag dolling Big Al like it is nothing. Can anyone imagine how BRUTAL it would be to see Big Al square up against Chase?! The only saving grace for Big Al is that Chase is not nearly as powerful or physically gifted.

17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Am I the only one that thinks burrow has bust written all over him? He has one year of production on a loaded team. I think his interceptions will skyrocket in the nfl

18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

Thanks for the input. You are 100% accurate as I just looked it up and I stand corrected. As a Physical Education/Health Teacher, as well as a Coach, I just could not accept that type of behavior if it did occur but it did not and that makes me feel better for whatever that is worth to anyone. I just could not imagine ESPN running that video clip if it was what I thought it was. Once again, I stand corrected.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No, no you are not.

My next Big Board is going to have some SERIOUS surprises. I do not want to reveal anything else too soon. More to come! :herewego::herewego:

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He was being overhyped, he came back to earth against LSU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Kyler Murray only started for 1 season at OKLA won the heisman and was a 1 pick, he only threw for 30 TDs rushed for 12, his prior 2 years he only had 8 TDs, if you had your choice who would you draft at 1, burrow at 6-4 or murray at 5-10????

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Again..

So?!

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I see that Burrow has confirmed that OBJ was handing out real money on the field to the LSU players after the game.
    Not to be content with that OBJ then slapped the butt of a police officer in the locker room later. He is now being charged with battery on a police officer. Way to go Browns!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Then they can claim that they won the Minka trade with Pittsburgh because they used Pittsburgh's pick to get Burrows!

At least that was the logic that was trying to be passed around at how we lost the Busch trade with Denver.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4