1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Burrow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dagmire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Burrow was the better college quarterback. Also, Palmer was emerging as an elite quarterback, but he never really bounced all the way back after Kimo von Oelhoffen blew out his knee.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Now if this was the Browns I would agree I just don't think there is another team other than the Clowns that could screw this up.....lol. One good bright spot for the Steelers is this, 2 years ago Burrow had 16 td's now he had 60 and nobody seen this coming. If he goes to the Bungals maybe the 2 year ago Burrow will show up not this year Burrow.......

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He's trolling ya dude

4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    To borrow a quote from the great Winston Wolf of Pulp Fiction fame “don’t start sucking each other’s dicK$ just yet fellas”. The NFL is a different game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no doubt about that. It is certainly a possibility that Burrow will fail in the NFL. I was simply addressing the comparison to Palmer.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The only QB I was ever certain that would be elite entering the NFL was Luck.

Burrows is no sure thing but if he proves to be, then Cincy will be tough competition. They’ll have the receivers and running attack to be a problem. They still need to fix the line though, it’s pretty awful.

And the jury is still out on the Zac Taylor but his first season was about as bad as you could get. The way he refused to use Mixon properly until late in the season is completely his fault. Mixon has the tools to be a Le’Veon Bell type back and he was barely used that way. Maybe it was the injury that he suffered early and just wasn’t healthy until the second half of the season. IDK but the coach has much to prove.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

Police car.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Dagmire.

Yeah, the young man has some talent.

Side note:

Did you see the video clip of Burrow smoking a cigarette before the game. That was not cool IMO at all. I could not believe that ESPN aired that clip. I thought that was totally irresponsible of them. I place more blame on them for poor judgment than Burrow. I mean he is a grown man and entitled to that behavior if he chooses. However, there is a certain spotlight on him that comes with the territory whether he likes it or not. He should do that behind closed doors given the thousands of fans that he probably has and especially the very young and impressionable ones at that.

Back to Burrow the QB and his future NFL career. You may want to pump the breaks just a bit. Wherever he lands, he has to prove himself on a whole new stage. I am not saying how this unfolds one way or another. I get your enthusiasm, cool. Just keep in mind how difficult it is to make it in the NFL; especially at the QB position. Given that, I really hope the pre-injury Ben comes back. I do not think that Duck is the answer for sure. As far as Rudolph, I feel a bit more confident. He played well up until that Browns' a game and what little he played in the Bengals' game.

Then came the Rudolph benching; which may have been the best thing for him. When he came back in the Jets game, he seemed to have "regrouped" in a sense and played well. Unfortunately, he got hurt again so we do not know how he would have finished up the season. If he could have played on (possibly playoffs?) we would have then had a bigger body of work to evaluate him on going forward.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

9. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Excuse me for putting 2019.. I was up writing a brief and had typed 2019 a thousand times and clearly i was on auto... I ciuld careless about the amount of posts i have and this has a lot to do with Steelers... The AFC north is about to get significantly better. The Browns are a coach away from being better. The Ratbirds kicked the Steelers teeth in. I think Jackson wont have near the season he had this year. Not knowing what Ben is gonna be after having surgery this late in his career is unsettling. If Burrow goes to Cincy then i can see Pittsburgh getring picked to finish last in the north in most preseason predictions

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah the same crap we heard about Baker Mayfield and the Browns, the preseason SB champs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry, just a little "Rook" hazing. We've all had it, not the first, not the last. It's exactly what Burrow will get from his veteran team mates and opponents. And it's a good thing we don't have to write many checks these days, we'd all be crossing out "2019's" at the top. This is an awesome message board, we think it's the best one available, grow some thick skin, take your props and lumps in stride and have fun.

As in any other facet of life, you'll find many prognosticators here. Few predictions turn out spot on; most tend to fall flat because unless your name is Nostradamus, none of us really has a clue how the future will play out and how certain College gridiron heroes will perform when facing Sunday vs Saturday competition. Take Trevor Lawrence, until last night, he was a can't miss world beater. But a college level D (albeit an extremely gifted one in LSU) made him look quite pedestrian. Imagine what an NFL D would do to him. A suggestion on the thread title to keep in pertinent to this Forum might be something like "Joe Burrow: Future Steeler Nemesis or Pawn?" Carry on. BTW, why were you typing on your briefs? You could fit a lot more data on your boxers! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As my son and daughter-in-law party their ass off in Bayou country I'll let them enjoy Joe Burrows but I already told them he now becomes my enemy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I generally don't worry about QB's coming into the league. A lot of time their stats were against guys who will never be drafted but this Burrows kid worries me. LSU went up against the best in College football all season long. He is for real and I really wish Detroit would have went 0-16 so he would be the NFC's problem. Gonna be a problem in our division. Hope the Bengals can't build around him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bengals suck I’m not worried. If it was ravens sure but not them

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Counter their move and Ravens current Offense.....build a Historic shut down Defense.

16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Not nearly as much, but it really comes down to the guaranteed money. When teams sign a player for guaranteed money, even though it is not paid out right away, it still has to be put in escrow. That is one of the reasons the Raiders traded Khalil Mack, they did not have 90 million in cash to put away toward his guaranteed money.

While Macks contract is 7 mill less than the starting QB range, it still is a big chunk of change, especially that guaranteed amount. Who knows where this will go with the new CBA coming up, but for star players it is all going to focus on those guaranteed dollars, driving a lot of small market teams out of the market to keep those players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Baker Mayfield is an INT Machine that is on a joke of an organization. The Bengals haven't fared much better at all but Burrows will light up this league if they build an Oline for him. Mike Brown will probably screw it up though and trade the pick.

If the Steelers are hanging hopes on Mason Rudolph replacing Ben and playing against Lamar Jackson, Burrows and Mayfield in the next several future years twice a season then we might have a few top 5 picks to try replace Roethlisberger after he's gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He got rid of that ball quicker than **** on those for sure... Was pretty impressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The bengals had better find a way to put a good line in front of him or they'll be looking at a repeat of the colts' episode with Andrew luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Start the over under bet on how many times TJ sacks him the first year

• Like Like x 2
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

To start, add me to that list of people who thought that Andrew Luck was the "next one" to carry the torch. Ryan Grigson made sure the torch was never seen again; nevermind the torch itself being lit.

For two and, my most important point, what is bolded is 100% correct. Well, one may ask as to how can that be?! Here is my simple answer....

[​IMG]

May I present to you the Head Coach of 2019s favorite "Super Bowl Pick"; Freddie Kitchens. Absolute talent on both sides of the ball and a supposedly "easy" second half schedule of 2019. What did that amount to again?!?!

6-10.

In short?! No doubt Joe Burrow was special.... at LSU. Cincy and LSU could not be polar opposites if they even tried to be. As per usual, the Head Coach will be the X Factor.

Zac Taylor did not impress me as much as Brian Flores did. For that matter, I was more blown away with what Brian did with so little compared to Zac who had more than Brian did. Until Zac Taylor proves otherwise, the Bengals shall be the Bengals.

Context everyone. Do not let Recency Bias cloud judgement. Use what is given to base an opinion on patterns as opposed to unknowns.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He look like a cincy qb ... Carson and Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    LSU's OL is probably better than Cincinnati's, the kid will be running for his life. Maybe he'll pull an Eli and say no to getting picked by them and ask to get traded.

• Like Like x 2
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Boomer Esiason gave him a Bengals helmet at the Heisman trophy ceremony and he kept it. All the sports talk show people in Cincy swore he would have laughed and handed it right back.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Burrow had one great season and now some fans want to anoint him as the next great QB, most college teams their defense sucks even in the SEC. Cincy has a bad OL, and a terrible defense, I'm not worried if they draft Burrow #1.

• Agree Agree x 1