1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns and Dorsey Parting Ways

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It was reported yesterday that GM John Dorsey is also leaving Cleveland (I’ve seen it reported both as a mutual parting and a firing). The report cited disagreement over the structure of the front office, and what Dorsey’s role would be. He apparently lost a power struggle to Paul DePodesta, Mr. Moneyball. Perfect. Haslam once again proves his utter incompetence as an owner. How long before we see another 0-16 season in Cleveland?

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Another fresh start.:lolol:

Hopefully Saleh does not go there. I think he could actually get them on the right track.

I wonder if they did this to entice somebody like Urban Meyer who would want the GM/coach role?

I still think Meyer ends up in Dallas, if anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    So it continues of course. Cannot say I am surprised.

"The Eternal Factory of Saddness" keeps on going on...

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I believe they would elect to see about Saleh. I believe he is going to be a very good HC; Cleveland or otherwise. He seems to have all the right qualities a team looks for in one.

I also concur with you abour Urban Meyer. It would not surprise me if he wanted to stay in Ohio. Total control to boot?! It will be just like his days at Ohio State sans the ability to recruit for him.

I also believe Dallas is still his primary target though. As much as I despise the Dallas Cowboys, they are the most valuable Professional Sports Team on Earth. Hard to pass that gig up; Jerry Jones meddling or not.

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Browns have just got to get it right one day, right?

6. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    [​IMG]

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Dorsey was their chance. He’s actually a solid GM. However, I would bet that the Beckham trade and the Kitchens hire - both disasters - were decisions made above his pay grade. I have a hard time seeing another quality GM going there to work under Haslam and DePodesta. They probably can’t even land an up and coming front office person looking for a first-time GM gig. It’s career suicide.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bring Hue back & give him gm powers for their classy fans. (some of them)