1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Raising frustration to an art form for.... oh, 11 years or so

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Made the trek to Pittsburgh once again to see yet another collapse.... you’ve got to admit though. The Steelers lose in more exotic ways than any other team in the NFL. I’m sure these thoughts are all repeats, but I have to decompress a bit.....

Officiating.... what can you say? They talk about homer refs.... I don’t even know what that means. Being at home seems to be a DISadvantage to Pittsburgh where officiating is concerned. On the Chargers TD return, there looked like an obvious shove in the back... exact same call made against Pitt on the previous kick. Nope. The missed false start is the thing of legend that gets people talking about conspiracy theories. I don’t think the refs care who wins, but sometimes it sure seems that way. And every holding penalty against Pitt seemed to come just as they broke a play.... and not until the play had been broken. Just frustrating because it took all those unfortunate calls to be just enough to lose at the end....

Ben seems to lose his mind every 10th or 15th pass. There’s still brilliance in between those, but how do you overcome a loss of mind that often, especially when throwing that many passes. Rivers was pressured far more often but they always had the magic checkdown or he’d throw a perfect pass into triple coverage....of course when they’d throw pressure, they’d still play far enough off the checkdown to give up the first down at critical times....

9 yard routes on 3rd and 10.... 4 yard routes on 3rd and 5.... *SIGH*

I don’t want to see the stats after Renegade is played..... it almost seems like our defensive effort is inversely related to crowd noise. It’s a freak of nature....I almost want to try having the crowd be dead quiet when on defense.....

Is there anyone on the board that DIDN’T expect the Steelers to give up 8-point touchdowns up 16? Burns on Gates. Awesome combination....

Dumbass play of the year.... how the hell do you put your head down, take out your own guy (if you were competent enough to hit someone in white, it’s a penalty genius), simultaneously breaking up an interception and handing a touchdown to the opposition. I know it’s sour grapes on my part, but should that guy ever play another down of football? That is the ABSOLUTE dumbass art form.

Coaching.... don’t know what hasn’t been said ad nauseum. It’s like a train wreck...you can’t look away....you wonder what they’re going to do NEXT week to surprise you yet again. Just when you think you can’t be surprised anymore.... SURPRISE!!!!!

Guess there’s still the hope of a home playoff game and who knows? Maybe the calls will be better on the road... oh who the hell are we kidding?

They’ve managed to make me forget how I started believing in them after the Jacksonville game.... hope I can believe again before the end of this year.... just don’t see what the catalyst can be. Too much crap to go around....

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Hard to argue with any of that. Here is something to wrap your head around. For all extends and purposes we were extremely fortunate to win the JAX game. Imagine if we didnt. You would be looking at a 6-5-1 football team that is behind Bal in the division.:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    When the same things happen over and over year after year its kinda makes me not look forward to football season anymore.. Between the constant drama and dumbassness of the team year after year I just watch from a far anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Odd part is on the train ride back, there doesn’t seem to be much anger or anything. You’d like to chalk that up to the fact that people realize this is just a game and win or lose, their lives aren’t really better or worse....I mean let’s face it.... how important is this really? It’s supposed to be fun. However, I think there’s just a certain level of “oh well — here we go again” mentality. Even though we typically don’t lose games after having big leads, that’s probably more a function of not having big leads to lose....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The frustration rises because there is the potential to be a good, even a great, team. It's not like we are a no talent bunch like about half the league. Ben, AB, JuJu, and a decent running back, and mediocre defense should be winning these games. But there is always a bone-headed play, or a weird bounce, a penalty, or some type of drama that makes what should be lopsided games close. That is to me what is frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    It's not even fun to watch this team.. It's just a headache everytime u watch why would I want a 3 hour head ache lol.. But it's gotten to a point where fans are just apathetic to it all. U know the Steelers are gonna blow it under Tomlin and u know the Rooney's aren't gonna do anything about it which means he's gona be here for a long long time so why even get upset anymore