1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We did it! Lowest ratings for Super Bowl since 2010

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    103 million viewed the game, probably would have been more if people wasn't sick and tired of seeing the patriots in the game again, is there any other telivised event that could draw that many viewers, the final game of the world series only had 28 million tune in to watch the game????

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you guys laugh at heinzmustard but he's right. Everytime we think we will beat them we lose. Refs or no refs.

Brady is 11-2 vs Steelers. 3-0 AFC championship games vs us. In 13 games vs Brady we have allowed 31 ppg and scored 22 ppg. They just need to die and wither away. Steelers need to stay alive a little bit longer and steal a trophy or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I disagree yeah they have owned us but I think our last game has showed that the gap is closing as we can beat these guys.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They eat stuff off the ground.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    World cup soccer

6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This was the first year in my life that I considered not watching the Super Bowl, but I've never missed one before, so I watched it with just a sliver of hope that the Pats would lose. It was honestly one of the most enjoyable moments I've had watching a non-Steeler game in a long time when Brady threw that last pass and it was incomplete. We're not Eagles fans in my house, but we were all jumping up and down (literally) over the fact that the Pats lost. I'm so glad we didn't skip it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The commercials sucked. Timberlake sucked. Collinsworth sucked. Eagles secondary sucked. Patsies lost. Good enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They have owned... They didn't have too per se... They just allowed them to for whatever imagineable reason. Pitts had a team good enough to beat them, they just don't/won't whatever. Coaching, detail, unmotivated etc... Blah blah blah old hat so on and so forth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Dude the Eli/odell commercial was pretty good. Probably because my little sister had to rent that movie every weekend at the video store but still, they nailed the routine hahahahahaha

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    What were they even advertising? The finale was amusing bit the build up was weird as crap.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    TD celebrations bro come on man hahahahahahaha... It was the whole dirty dancing end of the movie scene between swayze and grey.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I beat you by a year having started with SB II cause SB I was blacked out in LA cause they couldn't sell enough seats at the then 105,000 seat LA Coliseum for what was considered a joke and horrid experiment. Wasn't for a lack of trying to watch SB I though as local rock radio station KRLA was handing out free plans and specs for rigging up an aluminum foil clad TV antenna designed by nearby Cal Tech/JPL to pull in the game from a TV station in Santa Barbara. Mission failed. :facepalm:

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Who cares it was funny and that is why I watch, there good were ones this year M&M's had a good one as well. a lot better than the years past.....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Very much the way I feel, this team has talent and if it can ever come together along with coaching no one will stop us....jmo

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That was my favorite!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  17. FAN_of_STEEL

FAN_of_STEEL New Member

Dec 10, 2017
    The missed co by the pats cost me a grand.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    SDOT You were promising last season that you were done with the NFL completely. I called your bluff. You were most likely viewing every game all season long judging by the amount of posts you contribute every game and every day between games. Even all off season last year as well you posted after you said you were completely done . At least I boycotted one game but still had it on for my son to watch since he's not all political yet as much as I am. If a handful of idiots want to kneel during the National Anthem then that is their right to do so given this great country we live in. 99% of those kneeling don't even know really why but were just following a stupid ignorant fad. Heck, Crapernick was doing it because he was benched and not the crap that the NFL and all the news media spun it up as.

I did watch the SB and enjoyed every second of the Cheaters getting beat by another team I can not stand neither. I had the beer, I had the wings and I had a fun day even though our Steelers (coaches) stunk up the playoffs where they couldn't participate.

The main reason the NFL is dying is due to CTE's, social media and 5,000 other options for viewing anything at your fingertips. The NFL and other major sports needs to get it's act together cause the younger generation is too preoccupied with it's time constraints to waist afternoons watching entire games that seem way too long already. Other Sports need to take notice as well.

Kids today don't even want to get off video games. Go to any restaurant and watch families dine together. Most everyone under 30 is fiddling with their phones. It's doesn't matter if there are 50 TV's in the place. They's rather be on some sort of social media.

I will continue to watch but the league is dying and has been and it has little to do with players acting like idiots.

19. Iowasteelersfan784

Iowasteelersfan784 Active Member

Jan 6, 2018
    I missed the first half of the game due to being at my 92 year old grandmother's birthday party. But Im glad to watch the second half due to seeing Brady and the Cheats lose that game!! My wife and I were jumping up and down when Brady got stripped and went back to the Eagles. As much as I didnt want to watch the game, Im glad due to the outcome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    SDOT. You didn't really believe him did you?
    He's just stirring the pot.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Guaranteed SDot watched every second of the Superbowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

Pretty much everything sucked about the game and whatever revolves around it, Except the final score...it was pretty boring, same ole brady ass kissing, same ole crappy half time shows and I didn't even see the commercials.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Apparently it was an ad for the NFL. Had to Google it to find that out. Paying for advertising that people don't know what the commercial is even promoting doesnt seem like a good return on investment. Glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was dumb. Different strokes...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Didn't watch until after my girlfriend texted me the final score. Then I watched every juicy, satisfying second.
    :dancing:

25. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

Same here, I didn't watch but was checking the score on my phone every 15 min...After they won I watched it 3 times....

Nfl network is airing pats /giants sb (perfect season ) in 15 min ...I'll be watching that too.