1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The official laugh at the Patriots thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Feb 4, 2018.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Pats had 1 accepted penalty. One! I counted 9 penalties that could have been called against the Cheaters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ja
    Jesse did too. he turned and made a "football move" for the goal line and as someone on here and even ESPN noted James at that point was effectively a runner. So why does one exist as a TD and NOT the other?

One could argue that single call cost the Steelers a SB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This truly can be the gift that keeps on giving all year long. Having a bad day? Once home:

"Alexa, who lost the Superbowl?"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree, it's very inconsistent from play to play.
    I don't even know what a 'football move' is. I didn't think this one was coming off the board, JJ's, I kinda did.

7. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I get what you’re saying, but Eryz did get one more step in as he was standing and moving before he started his dive for the endzone.

I think Jesse had a catch as well, but he was going down to the ground (on the ground already) while he was making his move to stick the ball out. If he gets his knee up and that’s the bottom of his foot as he reaches, they can’t overturn it on a technicality and crappy rule!

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Had they won, this move would be hailed as a sign of genius and why you can't stick with your starters etc. etc.

Because they lost, this move will be forgotten in about an hour lol.

10. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Hahahah IT’S BEAUTIFUL. The team and it’s horrible fan base deserve it. Even more, Harrison deserves it. It hurts when you lose a Super Bowl... imagine how it felt when you completely betrayed an entire base of fans.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Oh... and yes. Tonight proved we SHOULD have truly been the AFC’s top seed, in which I truly believe we would have been playing the Eagles. Meh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    After significant review of the rule book from every conceivable legal and logical angle - this is what I believe constitutes a "football move": :bscow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I can't laugh at the Patriots. They played Sunday. We didn't.

But I have a TON of schadenfreude for their fans. And I will belly laugh at them. Specifically, the arrogant Massholes who openly mock every fan of every other team as being beneath them. The ones who portray themselves as bastions of football knowledge and other team's fans are all moronic losers always looking for excuses. The ones who do world class mental gymnastics to dismiss any hint of impropriety during their reign, but then point the finger everywhere at every other team in the league as "see! They're the real cheaters!" The ones who openly laugh at and mock anyone - fan, player, coach or commentator - that questions how NE seems to play by a different rule book and points out the huge disparity in penalties over the last, what, 6-7 games? (Including tonight) The ones who taunted fans of every team burned by Al Riveron's replays and smugly justified why those TDs weren't - but NE's somehow was. "Learn the rules, losers!"

Those guys? Those guys now are having fits. The game was rigged! Rigged I tells ya! Al Riveron always hated us! The head ref is from PA, so he's in on the fix! Philly was "gifted" 14 points! (even if we agreed, it's 12 points. But I wouldn't expect a chowder head to excel at math). Philly got away with so many non-calls you guys! (Somehow, we don't see all the nonsense we got away with... again). Philly was running picks! (Forget that we've done it now for almost 2 decades) Philly was holding! (As opposed to the mugging our o-line got away with). That receiver pushed off!!! (LOL - Gronk) That one play, Philly got away with a defensive hold (forget that they got called several times, and the refs ignored equal fouls we committed).

Maybe we have more in common with them than we realized. As of this morning, they're now screaming how Bellicheck sucks(!) and had the team unprepared, got outcoached, and only wins because he has Brady. How they never dominated teams. Yada yada yada...

Maybe that' what happens when you've been so spoiled by usually getting the benefit of the doubt with officiating - anything less and it's RIGGED!

Hey. It's fine when *I* do it. :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bill > tomlin lol

There’s just coaches out there willing to be up to the task

Coughlin, harbaugh, pederson etc

17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Now that it's over I can laugh at them.

Poor decisions and terrible defense

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dont think so, replacing their two coordinators wont be a smooth transition there will be glitches on both sides of the ball and brady wont be happy getting an OC who wont take his sideline out bursts like josh mC puss did....

20. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I live in New England- although not in Massachusetts blessedly- and I have a smile on my face today whereas a lot of people don't. I know of whom Ray speaks here.

This game was to me all about justice, or rather, the law of averages evening out at last. The Patriots caught every break all year- and it finally caught up to them. I have posted on here this year about their being ripe for the taking, and they got took.

I am happy for the Eagles- 57 years is a long time to wait for a championship, far longer than the Steelers' initial wait even. And, this is a team that can repeat, too. What made them different from the Steelers and Jags- both of whom had the Patriots beaten but let them off the mat- was that they never feared that team.

As for the Patriots, I see this is as the beginning of the ride out. This dynasty will go the way of the Packers in the 1960's- the QB will retire, the coach will leave, and the franchise will slide into mediocrity.

21. Iowasteelersfan784

Iowasteelersfan784 Active Member

Jan 6, 2018
    After that game, I thanked the Football gods with the Pats* losing. We still maintain the only team with 6 Lombardi's! My god, that game made my entire week! Hats off to the Eagles for playing gusty and winning that game!

22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This might be the greatest thread I have ever been part of!

• Like Like x 2
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Your lips to God's ear!

• Like Like x 2
  24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    My hats off to doug pederson for the coaching job he did with nick foles, and my hats off to nick for playing great in the biggest game there is, winning that MVP just made foles millions of dollars as a starter for a new team, he deserves it....

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I didn't watch a second of the game, but I watched the highlights on Sportscenter after it was over.

After a long sh!tty NFL season, I'm glad it ended this way and Eagles won the Super Bowl and the Patriots lost. Sad thing is... both Patriots and Eagles are so far ahead of the Steelers right now. There's no way Steelers can hang with either of those teams until the defense is salvaged.

We can laugh at the Patriots now, but they'll be back and will probably win the #1 seed again. The madness will never end until Brady retires.

• Agree Agree x 2