1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Clowns are the True Champions!

Discussion in 'Smack Talk Central' started by rocketdog, Jan 4, 2017.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He forgot the two SB titles the Browns, AKA, Ravens won!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    *yawns.

*Talks about a time period in which he was not even conceived.... which begs the question...

....What is it with Cincy and Browns fans and their morbid obsession with the Steelers?

Not our fault that Paul Brown:

1.) Cursed the team he created into a powerhouse at the time

and

2.) Created a team that was supposed to be the "rebirth" of the Cleveland Browns; a failure of a project thus far having been bested by either Pittsburgh natives or the team itself.

4. rocketdog

Sep 11, 2016
    There is no doubt Bungal and Stain fans hate the Steelers and their fans with a passion. This hate is out of pure jealousy. The Browns won championships back when there were 10 teams in the league and the helmets didn't have face mask. According to Stain fans Jim Brown was the greatest RB ever even though most of the time he was playing against linebackers who he out weighed. Think he would run Ray Lewis over?

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't know... I kind of pity them too much to even joke about them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I dont see how a team can be so bad year in and out.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I feel badly for Browns fans. They aren't bandwagon jumpers or as stupid as Bengals fans. They are knowledgeable diehards who have stood by their team over all these years.

If taking a stroll down memory lane gives them some joy, so be it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rocketdog

Sep 11, 2016
    Yeah your right, great bunch of knowledgeable diehards.
    [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

You can't judge an entire fanbase by a few bad apples. Have you seen some of the avatars on this board? Maybe you should get your head out of the sand and open your eyes.

ETA: People who post on internet fan forums are a very small percentage of a team's fanbase.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
  10. rocketdog

Sep 11, 2016
    A few bad apples? Maybe you need to get your head out of the sand. Apparently you never spent any time on their message board. They can't have any discussions without bringing up Pittsburgh and the Steelers and trashing them. I don't care how much of a "knowledgeable diehard" you are, you don't celebrate or make fun of a players injury. I'm sure there are Brown fans that fit your description and aren't that immature. I'm talking about the ones on that message board. Those knowledgeable diehards are having a half off sale over there on "I hate the Steeler" T-shirts. Maybe you could pick a few up for your Brown friends!

11. rocketdog

Sep 11, 2016
    My bad, the price went back up.

[​IMG]

12. rocketdog

Sep 11, 2016
    Here is one from a "Diehard" Browns Fan with over 14,000 post on that board. This guy is real "knowledgeable".

[​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh, whoop-de-do. :rolleyes: Grow up.

14. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. rocketdog

Sep 11, 2016
    Hi. Five days to reply and this is the best you can come up with? For future reference, when you call someone out it helps if you actually know what your talking about. Don't go away mad just go away :)

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Good grief... You really are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

17. dawgpound101

dawgpound101 New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    dawgtalkers.net

I can't see the pic you're posting. but nobody on this site is celebrating Ryan's injury...quite the opposite.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD
    sk8termom Offline

All Pro

Loc: NE Ohio
    Very classy!

link

I know Steelers’ Nation, and the rest of the league, poke a lot of fun at the Cleveland Browns. But not today. What Duke Johnson did following his second quarter touchdown is incredibly special. Scoring on a shovel pass, Johnson dropped to his knees, said a prayer, and then held up 5-0 in honor of Ryan Shazier.

I’m not sure if there is a connection between the two players beyond the football brotherhood but wow, this is a classy and touching gesture.

Digging a little deeper, the two grew up near each other, playing high school in South Florida about 20 minutes apart. College took them to different parts of the USA, Johnson stayed in Florida to play at the U while Shazier attended Ohio State but were brought back together twice a year when the Steelers faced the Browns.

Johnson has a reputation as a good dude and hard worker, stuck on bad Browns’ teams who never utilized him the way that they should. I watched this “Mic’d Up” video on him a few weeks ago and I think it reveals some of his high character.

All the props to Duke Johnson. He took his moment of glory, finding the end zone, to share it with and for someone else. That’s as selfless as it gets.

Top Like
    5 people like this.
    Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post
    #1371080 - 12/10/17 07:51 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    Versatile Dog Offline

Legend

I was going to bring this up but I was afraid some of our fans would bad-mouth him over it. Thank God it wasn't Crow who did it.

But yeah, mom............I thought it was a very classy move by Duke. He seems to be a very good kid.

Top Like
    1 person likes this.

#1371083 - 12/10/17 07:52 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    Dawgs4Life Online content

Legend

Loc: Edinboro, PA
    classy move. I like Duke a lot
    "First down as we threaten again. We can put it away right now. Britt goes in motion. Louis settles into the slot. Njoku is tight to the left. Coleman is flanked out wide to the right. Crow is in the backfield as Kizer takes the snap. Here we go."

Top Like
    1 person likes this.
    #1371086 - 12/10/17 07:52 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    PastorMarc Offline

Hall of Famer

Duke is a class act and so is Shazier thumbsup

Top Like
    2 people like this.
    #1371096 - 12/10/17 08:09 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    HotBYoungTurk Online content

Legend

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    Class act for sure. I almost hate that we are always the classy ones, as no one respects us or cares when our guys get hurt.

Burfict goes out, and Bryant is yelling 'karma' to the crowd.

Top Like
    #1371100 - 12/10/17 08:12 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: HotBYoungTurk]
    Rishuz Offline

Hall of Famer

Loc: Las Vegas
    Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
    Burfict goes out, and Bryant is yelling 'karma' to the crowd.

That was very unclassy.

I feel bad for guys like Duke having to be on the Browns.

Browns FO motto: Creating holes since 2016.

Top Like
    #1371106 - 12/10/17 08:19 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    nordawg Offline

Dawg Talker

Loc: norwalk, ohio
    Yes very classy. Love Duke. When I was in HS I played against several guys that I had played against since I was in little league baseball.

We were on their BB court. We were 1 minute into the game. I just sank 2 free throws, dropped back in my zone press and my knee buckled.

When I was headed to the bus for the ride home every guy I played against for all those years was there to help me to the bus.

So yes you have a connection to guys you played against. And yes one more time. Very classy Duke.

#gmstrong

Top Like
    2 people like this.
    #1371108 - 12/10/17 08:22 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: nordawg]
    Versatile Dog Offline

Legend

Yep. Those of us who have actually played competitive sports know that the brotherhood of athletes far exceeds team affiliations.

Top Like
    #1371113 - 12/10/17 08:31 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    EveDawg Offline

Hall of Famer

Loc: Atlanta
    Duke is a classy dude. Props to him.

Top Like
    #1371114 - 12/10/17 08:32 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: Versatile Dog]
    nordawg Offline

Dawg Talker

Loc: norwalk, ohio
    Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
    Yep. Those of us who have actually played competitive sports know that the brotherhood of athletes far exceeds team affiliations.

You got it bro!

#gmstrong

Top Like
    #1371364 - 12/11/17 12:02 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: nordawg]
    rastanplan Offline

All Pro

Originally Posted By: nordawg

You got it bro!

While I agree completely, I think in this case it would be a good occasion to "preach" against bad tackling and leading with helmets..

I think we are all excusing the way the injury happened and why Stealers D persist in tackling the way they tackle (if you call that tackling...)

Top Like
    1 person likes this.
    #1371472 - 12/11/17 03:53 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: rastanplan]
    willitevachange Offline
    Dawg Talker

Originally Posted By: rastanplan
    Originally Posted By: nordawg

You got it bro!

While I agree completely, I think in this case it would be a good occasion to "preach" against bad tackling and leading with helmets..

I think we are all excusing the way the injury happened and why Stealers D persist in tackling the way they tackle (if you call that tackling...)
    absolutely, shazier has tackled like that since he was a buckeye. Its sad situation, but as a professional football player that is paid to tackle, he should have his head up. no excuse.

Top Like
    #1371674 - 12/11/17 10:33 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    lampdogg Offline

Hall of Famer

Class move by Duke. One of our smartest picks in recent seasons.

gmstrong

Top Like
    1 person likes this.
    #1371682 - 12/11/17 10:46 PM Re: thank you Duke Johnson for thinking about Ryan Shazier after scoring TD [Re: sk8termom]
    dawgpound101 Online content

Dawg Talker

Loc: Hesperia, Ca
    sk8ermom

none of us wish for injuries. hard hits yes. but no one getting hurt. we all loath and hate that.

Top Like

If you can't guess mine is the last post...just a small sample.

Yes we don't like injuries...hate them, but love hard hits.

as i recall plenty of steeler fans always celebrated when James Harrison would blind side one of my guys. and take them out of the game...

before i read anymore about some stupid people who just happen to be browns fans....there are a lot more of us who are normal people lol

18. dawgpound101

dawgpound101 New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    by the way Sk8ermom is a Steelers fan who frequents our forum...in case it wasn't obivious. :)

19. dawgpound101

dawgpound101 New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    then I saw this walking down the street.

BEB.jpg

20. Brownsgal

Brownsgal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2018
    That looks like that idiot Bob Golic

21. rocketdog

Sep 11, 2016

Just to clarify, Those fans on Dawg Talker appear to be more normal. I was talking about the turds on http://thebrownsboard.com/forum/2-the-browns-board/ which I said at the beginning of this thread. I shouldn't generalize though.

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    ....What is it with Cincy and Browns fans and their morbid obsession with the Steelers? Remember in high school how the kids who were not good enough to play football obsessively hated the football players? And the kids who were not good enough to play basketball obsessively hated the basketball players?

I don't know about Cincy but I know that Browns fan are probably the least football-wise fans I have ever seen, and I've lived in a number of NFL cities. They have turned inward and look at only the Browns and hate anyone who isn't the Browns and obsess over anyone who makes the Browns look bad....such as the Steelers. Browns fans don't have a clue what it takes to make a "team" or a "franchise" because they have never really seen it. They simplemindedly believe that they are a player or two away.

And they think they are good fans because the blindy love the organization who cheats on them year after year, decade after decade.