1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Tomlin Finally Unknowingly Admits He Doesn't Know How Time Works

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HugeSnack, Nov 1, 2015.

1. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the problem is nothing will change till tomlin will be here

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The use of timeouts was bizarre in the first half as well. At the time, I wondered if it was due to any lingering injuries/decreased mobility for Ben. Weight of evidence points more to incompetent clock management.

3. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    There's no reason to go all existential on us.

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    sorry i don't understand , i was meaning somebody (rooney) should open his eyes better soon than later .

5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Long ago, John Madden calculated the average of a timeout as being 17 seconds and I think that is about right. Tomlin definitely contributed to the loss by not using timeouts before the 2 minute warning. He may be a players coach, but he has nothing much above the shoulders and his decisions have cost us several potential wins.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was having a little fun with the way you worded it, not everyone knows English is your second language. No worreis Freak :thumbs up:

Im not jumping on the fire Tomlin bangwagon, he still has put together what looks to be an excellent team. Some of his in game decisions are hurting them though, someone (Rooneys) need to get in his ear about that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    My apologies, Freak; I forget to include a smiley sometimes when joking around. I had no idea English was your second languge, or I would have skipped it altogether - I figured you had typed it on mobile device whose spelling correction had jumbled things up on you. Happens to me all the time. o_O

(Thanks for the heads up, BF)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I think this a good point to keep in mind. Tomlin definitely has some characteristics that irritate me at times, but he's far from the only person of responsility in the Steeler FO.

• Agree Agree x 1