1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BUMP (Again) - Ben and Tomlin Have a Kindergarten Clock Management Education

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HugeSnack, Nov 25, 2013.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's not what I was saying. I'm saying you call timeout as soon as you get the first down, with 30 seconds left. The time I took off for the plays (4 seconds for the first, 5 for the second) is the actual amount of time that our two incompletions took in the game.

My scenario doesn't guarantee a touchdown, but it guarantees three chances to get one instead of two. Or, if you're the really skiddish type and don't want to risk the Clustersack, you can still sacrifice a down and kick it on 3rd if you feel like it. That's wasting a down, but so is spiking the ball in the first place. If you call a timeout immediately with 30 seconds left, you have most likely 3 plays to work with, and worst scenario you only get 2 + a FG attempt. If you spike, 2 + a FG attempt is your best case scenario and you won't get 3.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    A sack on third down pretty much takes away any chance at a field goal. They did it right. Move on.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Damn! You got me there. I should have completely demolished that argument a bunch of times already!

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks for finally admitting you're wrong. Lol