1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess the Steelers record next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Arch Stanton, Jan 19, 2024.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You’re forgetting it’s the coach’s fault when the qb throws an interception or a player fumbles.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm thinking 10-7 with some sort of a losing streak that gets everyone on the fire Tomlin train again, before the offense gets it's feet wet. I think it's going to take a few weeks for the OL to gel and become what we're anticipating it to be. I have better hope for the franchise in years to come, just 2024 is just a more of the same type season.

3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    coaching,QB and roster are important...I know it's hard for you to understand that even if it's not supposed to be hard...Every situation needs some logic...

4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Yea all coaches are the same as well. Great point. Why even have coaches? What a waste of capital.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    He struggles with the details like his boy little Mikey T

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    He has even said in the past(or something like that) that McVay vs Fisher was not the reason why Goff was much better in 2017 that he was in 2016....Or that the coaching was not the reason why Alex Smith was much better in 2011 to 2017(with Jim Harbaugh and Andy Reid after that) compared to his 6 first years in the NFL when he was almost out of the NFL

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Maybe so, but there’s one thing that’s certain. I won’t ever be a whiney ***** like y’all

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Never said it wasn't....I wasn't the one pointing to only coaching. Try reading everything, and you won't jump to an illogical conclusion.
    I know this.......The Great C. Noll won no SBs after Bradshaw was done. The Great A. Reid won no SBs before P. Mahomes. The Great B. Belicheck won no SBs without Brady. The Great Bill Cowher won no SBs without Ben....same with Tomlin. The Great J. Johnson won No SBs with T. Aikman, and this list goes on, and on ,and on. So with History, and a little bit of logic as someone tried saying without using......what does this tell You???? I'm sure somehow it's because Tomlin sucks.....so then all above coaches sucked also???? Because when they didn't have those Qbs, or those Qbs got beyond a certain age....not a single one of the so called greats won a SB.....only coach I can think of is J. Gibbs.....so I guess by a few of the members on here......He is the only Great Coach that lived. ‍:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I got your boy....sheep.
    I just tend to look at the bigger picture, and not just today. Some of you people that think certain HC are genius forget how those same HC were drummed out of town when they didn't have the players they needed, but hey ,go by feelings, and not facts, or history. Now tell me about not winning a playoff game in so many years......like winning one freaking playoff game is so huge. Ravens, Bills, Browns have all won a playoff game since we have just to name a few.....how many SBs has that equaled????
    You win enough game to make the playoffs.....once you are in the playoffs....one win , or 3 doesn't matter if You don't make the SB.
    Simple break down.
    Regular season = win enough game to make the playoffs.
    Playoffs = win enough games to make the SB.
    No in between. Nobody gets an award for one, or two playoff wins.
    We don't have a problem with the 1st, but like 30 other teams.....we have a problem with the 2nd, but hey.....all those HCs must suck by Your logic.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Brian Billick must be a great head coach,better that Andy Reid in this case....He won a super bowl with Trent Dilfer.....No,not because you don't win a super bowl mean you are not good...I know this is hard for you to understand but only one coach per year won the super bowl per year.....But Cowher make 4 AFC title game without Ben....Noll make the AFC title game with Mark Malone...Reid make 5 NFC title game without Mahomes,etc....I know this is hard to win the super bowl without elite QB,but you can still be in contention without elite QB,this is possible and this is a good accomplissement....But you are too much in the super bowl or bust mode for some reason

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What has this got to do with anything I said. Brian B....was a good HC, but nobody would call Him great.....the coaches I mentioned all are considered Great HCs......so.....:shrug:???..?.????
    Really....you can be in contention without elite Qbs.....like You mean going to the playoffs with KFP, Trubisky, and Mason as Your Qb.....You mean like that???? LoL. Wait that doesn't support Your argument.......LoL....Nobody said You had to have elite Qb, but You must have elite something.....
    So I'm a SB or bust mode.....So I ask You what's Your problem with any coach then, and I don't know about You , but every sports I ever played in it was about the championship, and not individual accomplishments....unless it's when I boxed, or was kickboxing....., but hey you be You....be happy with a playoff win. LoL.
    For You again.....
    Regular season = win enough games to make the playoffs.
    Playoff = win enough games to make the SB. Nothing more .....nothing less.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The exact answer I expected when You actually read the whole thing....instead of just arguing.

14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I know that the QB position is the most important position in football, I'm not stupid but the job of head coaches is to put their players and their QB in a position to be successful....Some head coaches are better than others for that....A few months ago, you were crazy when I mentioned that coaching had a big impact in year 1 vs year 2 for Jared Goff (Jeff Fisher vs Sean McVay) but for some reason, you didn't agree with that....Jim Harbaugh also saved Alex Smith's career, you also didn't agree with that even though the year before he had been benched multiple times time by Trey Smith when it was the former ILB of the bears in the 1980s who was their head coach

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    They will win 10-11 games. If they focus on running the ball and figure out which QB works out they could be very good. The defense won games last year with no offensive help.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    12-5

Loss in divisional rd of playoffs

18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That certainly is a best case scenario.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Russell runs out of gas in the playoffs?

20. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    11-6. First postseason/WC win in what seems like forever. After that….who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

No..... Defense does

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fields comes in to save the day :thumbs_up:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If that would happen I sure hope there is a franchise QB in the draft.

24. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I was going to say 7-10, but then we signed “The Fugitive”. Everyone thinks it’s such a great thing, so listening to the Kool Aid drinkers, maybe 9-8.

25. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016