1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

IF STEELERS GO FOR FIELDS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers have placed a high priority on protecting the ball, so much so that it stunted the growth of Pickett. To switch from that to a turnover machine like Fields would make no sense, especially because he is likely to cost a first-round pick.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Even in this era, quarterbacks need to be accurate with their passes and they need pocket presence. Both were weaknesses for Stewart.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Good

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I could be getting it wrong, but when I think of "Game Managers", I think of someone without the "God Given Talents"; like a Rocket Arm, and/or insane running ability. I don't think Tannehill ever brought these NATURAL talents to the table.

I don't think Kenny has a Rocket Arm, and to me he probably runs more than he should; AKA Game Manager. But there is nothing wrong for wanting to be the next Joe Montana.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Fields was wildly inconsistent as a passer in 2023 and he completed only 61.4 percent of his passes. He threw eight touchdown passes in two games. One of those was against a terrible Washington defense. The other was against the Broncos, who were a mess early on. He threw a total of eight touchdown passes in his other 11 games. They would still have many of the same limitations on the passing game, but now with a quarterback who can't take care of the football. By the way, they aren't getting him for a third-rounder. It is at least going to be a No. 2, and a commitment to pay him more than $23 million for 2025. If they trade for him, they are picking up the fifth-year option.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's not a game manager. Roethlisberger had fantastic talent, but his first few seasons, he was a game manager.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

What was Hoge's opinion of this?! What did he say?! I might have missed it or have forgotten.

8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    RE: Fields.
    I am reasonably sure that Mike Tomlin has been overruled.

Fields is the type of QB that you know Chicago wants to trade but you can afford to sit around till their hand is forced - to waive him.
    Then you can bid a better price if you feel you want him.
    Right now, I don't see a lot of teams that will make such a deal... but you never know.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I always said Kordell made Ward a great Wr....because once He got used to catching the football from Kordell (in the dirt, behind his back, over his head, and off of the defenders) everything else was simple. LoL

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Tell Me how Mahomes can average 500 yards a season....when He hasn't run for 500 yards one time.....You making stats out of thin air???? His highest rushing was this year ...389 yards.....so you, and whomever agreed (let me look)... @zcoop , and @CK 13 are agreeing with a false statement. Do You know how many Qbs have rushed for more than that in a season, and nobody ever called them running/scrambling Qbs???
    So admit You made all that up.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Gone????...I believe Brady , and M. STAFFORD....Just win SBs.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They won't be keying on them....because magically they will not be any good anymore (that's what Fields fans will say). I'm telling You right now....No Wrs like playing with running Qbs. This Guy(Fields) was bragging about being the best running Qb in the league this year........notice He didn't say passer. Guys get tired of running routes , and their Qb is running down the field, and not seeing them..

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really the same people that made a average season from Lamar Jackson, and M. Garrett into a MVP, and a DPOY, and You agree with them??? LoL

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Notice nearly the same people that begged that We sign DeShawn Watson...., and said We would be sorry if We didn't ....are the same people that are on the Field bandwagon. Don't believe Me go back, and look at those discussions. Were they right then???? Hell No, and they aren't right now.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Average 482

I do admit the second one I read as 518. Bad eyes.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes. Why do you have such a problem with people who have a different opinion than yours. I know you operate like you are that cats meow that knows all and we are just a bunch of uniformed shleps but you’ll have to put up with varying opinions on a message board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wrong. 389 is the most he's ever rushed for in a season. I don't know where Your getting Your stats from

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I see I hit a nerve. LoL. So attack me because You know what I said is correct. It's funny I don't even have to say a name, or link a person....the guilty always speak up. I don't have a problem with others opinions. Have You ever seen me have someone banned because I didn't agree.....I just pointed out something, and You got upset. Good day to You.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    PFF and no, that part of their record keeping isn’t pretty ****ing fake. How do you know that Pro Football Reference isn’t wrong.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s not an attack. You do have a problem with people who have a different opinion than yours.

However you on the other hand constantly insult everyone when you get up on your soapbox. We post from feelings not logic, we can’t think for ourselves we just listen to what people on TV say, we don’t watch games, on and on and on, I mean holy **** I can write a book on all your passive aggressive attacks. Why can’t you just state your option without lecturing everyone?

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You make him sound so appealing! :roflmao:

22. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Is this Certified True or made up?

• Like Like x 1
  23. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    That mock draft is a joke. If someone takes McCarthy that high I'll eat my shorts. I doubt highly Steelers take a QB in the 1st round. I had said before that I do like Penix, but given his injury history I'd take him in the 2nd round at the highest.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Keep seeing reports like this saying Fields would provide competition for Pickett, lol what???

If they trade for Fields he is the unquestioned starter.

That’s not too heavy compensation though, think the Steelers would consider that but mostly this whole thing has the same vibes as Malik Willis and how much Tomlin loved him.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    ESPN also has him with no more than 389 yards rushing in one season. I have never seen a mistake like that on Pro Football Reference. I wouldn’t trust PFF to handle the math in a Kindergarten class.