1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

IF STEELERS GO FOR FIELDS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Feb 12, 2024.

1. JD86

JD86 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    What's so funny STD, all factual.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The team needs building the foundation. They have several needs.

So lets throw a 2nd rounder and some conditional pick to a pick machine that's being discarded. And they will replace him with a 1st round pick.

Makes sense :rolleyes:

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :puking2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Better buckle up...

5. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I honestly don't see the fit with Fields. If he is going to run it that much, I don't see how Najee and Warren get enough touches. And if the team does run it that much, how do you think the toxic twins at WR would react?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Those two MVP trophies he won doesn't mean anything when he struggles to pass the ball in the playoffs, they gave him more weapons on offense this year, yet he only scored 10 points at home in the AFCCG :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It sucks none of the Steelers OL went after Romanowski, like Lambert went after Cliff Harris in the Super Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The horrible thing about that play was that it was first and goal at the five. Bettis was churning out 5-6 yards a blast and Denver's defense was reeling but Chan Gailey bailed them out by inexplicably having Kordell throw on first down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There is a WORLD of difference between a mobile Qb and a running QB. The only running QB in your Super Bowl list is Hurts. He got close, but no cigar. He also seems to regress a bit this season. Also, while Tom Brady was a pocket passer, he had great mobility within the pocket. He was great at sliding left, right and up in the pocket and still keeping his eyes downfield and his foot positioning ready to throw. That’s functional mobility even though he couldn’t run worth a sh1t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Than every Qb that ever played is mobile. LoL. So why worry about it. LoL . You know dang well what We are talking about....We are talking about Qbs that must run to be successful....not Qb that can run.....hell every Qb that ever played can run, and most do a lot in their rookie years. You , and I know Your list is stupid.....I never said Mobile....I said running...., and the best passers are always the best Qb....
    Now make Me a list of the Qb that must run to be even decent, and show Me the SBs. Oh yeah....there isn't any.
    Only two You can even get close to are. Steve Young....who's only SB win came on one of His least rushing years(Hmmm wonder why), and R. Wilson, and neither of them had to run to be successful.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He knows this....He was just looking for a way to win a argument. Mahomes is way closer to a Brady than a Lamar.
    Hell ....He's almost hasn't even rushed for in his whole career what Lamar does in a season.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I watch all those game....everyone. We didn't get to AFC Championship because of Kordell. Hell the man only had one ball He could throw..., and it was deep down the sidelines ....it was the only place He could be sure wasn't doubled. He threw more balls in the dirt than any Qb I can remember, and He couldn't read a Defense to save His life.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    upload_2024-2-13_19-50-1.jpeg

15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I never once said they should value a running QB, I'm well aware that is a different thing. I am saying that in the modern NFL, you cannot succeed without an athletic, mobile QB that also has the elite pocket passer skillset.......you NEED both. Gone are the days of the Manning statue.

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I won’t be longing for that but that statement made me spit a mouth full of beer out followed by laughter

• Like Like x 2
  17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    might as well play the high stakes game via the draft and roll the dice versus waste your 1st on someone else’s cold bowl of soup.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He only had 9 picks last season. It’s the fact that he hasnt been able to play on a high level consistently which should be more concerning. Will he ever get over the hump?

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady ran for 875 yards his entire career. Most seasons he didn’t even crack 50 yards. Mahomes has averaged 500 yards per season the last 3 years. That ain’t nothing. In contrast, last season and the season before Jackson ran for around 750 yards. This season he was back up close to 1,000 yards but they have been trying to cut back on the amount he runs.

Mahomes could run for even more yards if they wanted to use him that way, they just don’t have to because of how lethal he is with his arm. When he starts running though, defenses are ****ed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Lamar is in his own category as he's one of most gifted runners in the league not just at QB but any position.

With that said, I'll still take a Patrick Mahomes over a Lamar Jackson.

21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    True, but your Brock Purdy athleticism type works fine. It doesn't need to be a Lamar Jackson.

Or should I say Mitch Trubisky.

A QB needs to be able to read defenses and throw the ball accurately under pressure. Tom Brady did pretty damn good and the guy is a statue.

22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm feeling this post agreeing a lot.

If he's good, then why do they need to 'dump' him at all?

Questions to ponder...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I agree in the just extend an offer to Mason that's respectable for a year or two. Let him fish the waters and hopefully don't throw a disrespectful offer at him.

If someone overpays so be it. If not, then just put him on the roster.

Then go draft an OT and that stud center. Focus on CB, ILB, DT/DE in the draft.

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Leading Hine's Ward high into a safety over the middle where he just gets leveled as he gets up smiling.

That's where is started opening my eyes to Ward early in his career the dude caught everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    You sure? You would take Mahomes?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2