1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kazee suspended for the rest of the year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hanratty#5, Dec 18, 2023.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You hardly ever see big hits in the NHL anymore. The NFL is getting to the point of flag football while taking the same path. Perhaps they should just play Duck Duck Goose or Tug of War But hey that might be too physical as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm all for player safety, but I'd rather see a player's soul draining out onto the grass after a big defensive hit than watch these idiot offensive players get up and dance after every single little play they make. Not sure what the big draw is there, but it's a different game now I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. woofermazing

woofermazing Guest

All he had to do was keep his head up, feet on the ground, and play through the guy to avoid the penalty but still break up the pass. It's not any different than the Burfict hit on AB.

4. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I’m an old schooler … I miss 70s-80s even 90s NFL football. Back when you could actually play defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I mostly agree, although I think Burfict had intent just because of the fact he was a lunatic. Kazee hit the head directly. It was a bad hit that was clearly illegal. Kazee plays a reckless style of football

6. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The Burfect hit on Brown was different in my opinion. The ball went through ABs hands and Burfect came in with the head shot after the play was all but blown dead. Kazes hit was more bang bang, albeit illegal regardless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't know if these players have that much time to make an analytical decision at the speed they play at. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Just wait until some defensive back let's up in a big game to avoid the penalty and the reciever blows right by him untouched. People are gonna lose their sh!t.
    I remember it happening with a quarterback where the defender wrapped him up but didn't throw him down to avoid the penalty. The quarterback simple spun out of it and they didn't call in the grasp. He took off and ran for big yards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    QB’s take advantage of it, too. Pretend to run out of bounds only to run up the sideline 5 more yards or fake slide.

The defense is at such a disadvantage now. That’s why it’s foolish to make that side of the ball the focus. Offensive minded HC and top OC should be the teams goal for the offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Strongly disagree. Look at the photo. Kazee literally could not have gone any lower with his strike zone. He was bent over 90 degrees. If he stayed upright and ran through him, Pittman would have blown out Kazee's knees.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Not just the season, but the playoffs too if by some miracle they make it

13. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    They don't give a you know what about player safety. They care about being sued. If they cared about player safety they wouldn't be adding games and especially Thursday games where sometimes teams have to play on not nearly enough rest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Why do people keep saying this? There's absolutely no correlation between injuries and thursday night games.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You're not wrong, they didn't show a replay of it on the broadcast until later as well.

16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    or he would have actually compressed the head into the neck, a much worse hit than what happened.
    It's a very unlucky situation for Kazee.

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    From that shot you can clearly see he's taking a shot at the ball and has his head turned away from contact.
    The only reason the WR head is contacted is because he's diving and coming down.

How does a league look at that picture and call it a headshot?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Goodell hates the Steelers

19. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Back and to the left
    back and to the left
    back and to the left

20. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    If that was the one involving Prescott, the DB avoided contact and flew over him, not making contact, and called for the penalty I don't believe he even touched him. JMO>

21. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    The NFL is an entertainment business, makes lots of money, and does what it wants instead of what the fans want. So as long as people go to the games and watch their commercials, you just need to embrace the BS. If you still watch the NFL (live) with the way things are, you should be fine with what is happening. I used to be an NFL addict and go to my fav bar if we were not on tv, but Goodell convinced me that isn't a very smart thing to do as he has/is ruining the game, and the product is in decline. JMO>

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Everything was warranted IMO. No need to dip and use your shoulder.

23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I miss 2008

24. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    It's was a shoulder hit not helmet.I disagree with suspension.
    The NFL don't give a damn about player's safety or they would get rid of artificial turf...NFL stadiums will switch to grass for World Cup Soccer but won't do the same to protect it's own players

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Because as the play unfolded from that picture he makes full contact with his head and neck area. Gonna draw the flag every time which sucks because as he's going into the hit I don't think that was his intent but it's the end result that matters.