1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kazee suspended for the rest of the year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hanratty#5, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. Maybe it is about being a repeat offender, but it was an over-reaction by the game officials made even worse by the league's draconian response.

If the Steelers' season wasn't already effectively over, I'd be infuriated. As it is, I'm just annoyed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I guess you can no longer use your shoulder to try to make a tackle or break up a pass anymore? Fans complain that the Steelers don't play physical football anymore, but when they try they get a huge fine and suspended for the season. Problem is, with these new rules in place, it's almost impossible for defenses to play hard nosed football anymore

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I hate the slide rule for QB's!!! They take advantage of not being hit and fake slide or act like they are going down and then they dont , or they will act as if they are going OOB's and tip toe up the sideline for 5 more yards. I think if the NFL wants a no hitting league, QB's cant run past the line of scrimmage and they actually wear flags so they dont get hurt. In the pocket its a full on tackle game. I know I am being extreme but the not being able to hit the QB's is a bit extreme already.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    James Harrison wouldn't even be allowed to play in this soft version of the NFL

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Yes, it is over now for db's. There was a play earlier in the game where I thought he made a big hit and we all expected the flag. I might be wrong but I thought it was Kazee as well. He hits like Ryan Clark who would be thrown out of the league today. After 2008 the NFL killed the Steeler way of playing defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    I can see people looking at it both ways, but he absolutely didn not need to go down to his level IMO. I think he's highly overrated anyway, so wont lose any sleep.

7. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Hopefully this plays like a gif and it shows the hit clearly. Did a little more digging and he has a history of some very questionable and late hits. Reputation is definitely coming into play for him on the suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SgrFv3FPQRU

• Like Like x 2
  8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He was barely allowed to play before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Yes hit two hits against the browns were just egregious and warranted all that came with it and I love the guy.

10. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    he hit him with his shoulder, the guy was laying out, put flags on these players

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And thats the sad part, he had to let him catch the ball. What a joke this game has become.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I can't decide which is more annoying, the "defenseless receiver" or RTP rules. You can't celebrate a sack or defensive hard hit anymore, because you're cringing waiting for a flag. There was another one yesterday against Dallas that was even more ridiculous than the Kazee hit. Refs now reflexively throw the flag on any hard pass break-up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    If I was a player I wouldn’t play for the Steelers, there is a big shi$ hammer in New York waiting for the black n gold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The possible brain damage the nfl should be worried about is the abundance of brain damaged refs and the commish ,just how I see it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Heck, look at what they wear these days. Barely any pads. Often their pants are above the knees and no thigh pads.

With all the NFL 'safety rules' its odd that more injuries are occurring.

First, if you want safety you require pads. What does that tell you about the league? Its about selling the product, not protection.

I no longer watch the games rather listen to radio. It's so frustrating. Commercials galore, horrible blatant flags, woke ****

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This seems utterly absurd, it really wasn’t that bad

Hopefully he will appeal and be back on the field before the Super Bowl

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Let’s just be honest, they want the league to look like flag football. You can’t hit a QB high, low or in the middle. They want 80 points a game just like the NBA. They don’t want teams to run the ball, they want arena league type plays. Ward was right when he said just go back to leather helmets and people will be more hesitant to go in hard. I’m about done anyway, the news that they are going to play games in Brazil sums up what this is turning into. Imagine getting hurt in the game and getting transported to a South American chop shop to get emergency back or neck care. It’s getting unwatchable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It is going to become like the NBA where you can't touch anybody.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    probably waranted an ejection, and maybe a game...but the season!?

21. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I saw this on the Cards game a few weeks back. Murray faked going out of bounds, stayed barely in and picked up another 5 yards as the Steelers defender held back and watched him.

22. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Tom Brady is right

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The apocalypse is here. I agree with Tom Brady.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I said in the thread that night that you can expect him to be suspended.

Not that I agreed he should be, but you had to know it was coming in Goodell's NFL.

But the rest of the season?!?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Correct. It was the "repeat offender" status that garnered him the suspension. Agree that it was well over the top. I mean come on - that's what safeties are known for. Are we going to take them out of the game too?

I think I mentioned before in the GDT - I wonder how much the home fans viciously booing played into the (clear) overreaction of the refs tossing Kazee.