1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kazee hit discussion

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 16, 2023.

1. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    I agree. The game today is set up for offense success. Which is why it’s more frustrating that the Steelers can’t score more than 20 pts a game

2. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Refs were playing to the crowd not the rules

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It’s a bang bang play. I mean it’s not like the whistle had blown…like say the hit Burfect put on Brown in the Cincinnati playoff game. At worst, 15 yards and a warning.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Kazee basically squatted and rolled his shoulder into him. He didn’t even explode through him and had he not been diving that his is at waist level!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He tried to hit the ball. It is what the is supposed to do. Again, I understand the penalty, but the ejection was egregious.

The lack of a call on Trubisky's first interception was even worse. The defender hit Pickens at the top of the route. That is why Pickens didn't get a good jump on the ball. That is an inexcusable no-call. That and the ejection of Kazee handed the Colts control of the game and they rolled with it from there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    What’s he supposed to do there? Just let the guy make the catch right in front of him? He went as low as he could and made sure he used his shoulder and not his head. Maybe the QB shouldn’t be putting his guy in harms way with that throw? NFL is soft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It was a clean hit in my opinion

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry late to discussion but even Tom Brady was on our side. The NFL seems to expect a player who is going all out on instinct to stop and think I better be careful where I hit him. Looked to me like he reacted to the moment and did the right thing?????? Maybe he had other so called dirty hits and he is paying for it with this latest one?????? No way he should lose pay and miss last 3 games. Some Steeler fans I know are convinced the NFL hates us.

9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Which makes it even more interesting when you hear offensive players like Brady/Gronk blaming Minshew2 for putting his receiver in that position - saying the hit was inevitable. Flag was probably warranted. But the ejection I thought was way over the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    The flag was a reaction to the violent look of the hit in real time. I would imagine it's hard for the refs to tell at full speed if Kazee made contact with the head so they throw the flag to keep with the image the NFL wants to convey, player safety.
    We really have no idea what discussions the league has had with the team and Kazee personally so he may have already been warned and this was the last straw that got him suspended. Still seems pretty harsh to me.
    We all know the direction the league is going so it amuses me when "old school" guys seem surprised by this stuff. I'm 51 and I love the big hits just as much as the next guy but that's not today's NFL. If it makes someone that mad, I suggest an SDOT move and simply don't watch because it's only going to get worse.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Exactly, I have seen so many use the term launched, I don’t know what definition they are using.

12. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I've played football in high school and in college, and I can tell you that the most dangerous thing a player can do is stop right before making a hit. That's exactly what they expect DB's to do now. You lose all momentum when you stop on the run and will absorb most of the impact at contact. I'm sure Kazee is well aware of that, and did what he had to do to protect himself. Stupid rule, not to mention a dangerous one for the defender. Kazee hit the receiver with his shoulder right in his upper chest. It was a hard hit, but he did nothing wrong IMO. If anything, blame the QB for hanging his guy out to dry

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He made contact with the head. That's a penalty. It should be a penalty even if that is somewhat unfair to the defender. No way in hell it warranted an ejection, much less a suspension for the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Y’all know Goodell broke out the lotion and tissues for this one. He hates the Steelers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I guess any time a defender leaves his feet, it’s a “launch,” even if he’s diving to get a hand on the ball to dislodge it. It’s only a matter of time until a defender makes a diving interception, but contacts the (also diving) receiver’s head and draws a flag and ejection - even though the fact that he was going for the ball was proven by actually intercepting it.

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    First it wasn't a dirty hit. Penalty yes, ejection and suspension, No. But he has 5 other unnecessary roughness penalties in which he was fined for this season. Making an example unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1