1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Commercials in college football ridiculous

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Nov 25, 2023.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I've tried to watch more college ball this year. I've always been more an NFL fan.

I say "tried" because the amount of breaks in the college game make it almost unwatchable. The excessive commercials coupled with excessive reviews make baseball a more action packed sport.

I just watched what should be a great game between OSU and Michigan but there is absolutely no rhythm to the game because of all the stoppages

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I don't have a TV (for personal reasons), love to listen on the radio..as you find it non-watchable, to listen is a great nap motivator. To switch to net site is worse, a one minute time out took 4 minutes to get through,.. So yea I feel the agony.

• Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Try watching the NC game.

a decade or so back Oregon faced off vs Auburn in the title game. There’s no doubt in my mind auburn was the better team;however, the commercials definitely took Oregon’s game away. They were coached by Chip Kelly and ran his high tempo offense. Every time those auburn defenders started sucking wind there would be a commercial break.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Another annoying thing with commercials is that some of them are several decibels louder than the programming

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can't understand anyone not liking College football. :shrug:
    I also think they ref way better than the NFL.

6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This drives me a little nuts, but it really grates on my wife. I always have the game just loud enough to hear without being too loud, and then those stupid loud commercials come on, and she always asks "why do you have to have the game so loud?" No matter how much I explain this to her, she asks every time :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 2