1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Former Steelers TE Jace Sternberger says Matt Canada's playbook was extremely basic....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Former Steelers TE Jace Sternberger says Matt Canada's playbook was extremely basic compared to other teams

He was with us in 2021 until in the offseason in 2022

2. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Apparently every playbook is too complicated for this two-year washout.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Basically stating what the fan base already knows.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This all sounds like the me2 movement, or anything like that ....that once a few people say something the others line up like sheep. If they listen to Me...they never would have Hired Him, and ....we could be complaining about whomever the other OC was. LoL

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok let's start with the obvious as I said in the Chuks thread for being beyond basic why are they struggling with it

Second thus just points over and over again to lack of communication. If Canada has no notes on his plays how do the position coaches know what to teach. If they don't know what to teach why aren't they telling Canada. I worked with these types of managers before, they see things clearly in their mind and can't understand why others can't see it. They have no idea how to make it work they just know it will. If you can't explain something it is never going to work.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they can't seem to understand the play as it is, so throw more things at these players. gruden was like this. the guys mind works so fast in what is going on and what to do for every step of it so much faster than most could comprehend. many of these players can't do what they are supposed to do with a dummy down system let alone one they have to make several decisions in.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/m...s-from-doubling-george-pickens-make-them-pay/

i'm reading from this article things that MT says. we heard last year that we had no hot reads and everyone blamed canada, only to find out MT told him to dummy it down and remove them. is there more to the story than just canada? we saw MT inject his defensive prowess for several years while we had a DC. none of us know what is being injected in coaches meetings and exactly who is calling the shots over any part of the offense or defense. remember mike tomlins coaching tree is pretty branchless. is there a reason? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It makes one wonder Mac that much is for sure.