1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Buffaloes

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Rollers, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    One of the best CB in history, but would not could not tackle anyone! Ever

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Deon cant keep his mouth shut, yes he is bringing spotlight to the Colorado football program, but not all of it is good press!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I disagree good sir… they played the Gamecocks! They struggled too!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Deon got some beatdowns a coming!

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Waxed!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    'Coach Prime' is always going to talk. That's his character. Coach Deion Sanders needs to pump the brakes though. It's like Buddy Love and Professor Klump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No that's not him and if you listen to him he doesn't attack the other coaches and their players. He's very respectful of the other teams players and that's by design. He's coming for some of them in the portal.
    Watch how he handled CS player being attacked for that late hit. He defended that kid even though he's got a guy out for 3 games.

He's not coaching those boys to be flash, he's old school coaching. I've watched some videos. He pulls no punches and his own kids can get it too. Even the announcers said it during the broadcast. So all the flash and clicks talk is pure jealousy.

The other coaches know this and that's why they attack him and when they get a chance they talk game on him. I can guarantee he grabs someone from Oregon in the portal next year. Lanning's pregame speech was pretty telling , talking about those kids playing for clicks and that they have no substance, just flash. He was attacking those players directly. His halftime interview as well, he took it personal that Colorado is getting attention. That came off to me as someone who's jealous that someone who's enjoyed more success as a player in 2 sports and as an HBCU head coach is getting media attention.

Post game, you can see the moment he realized he had gone too far when he tried to validate saying what he said. Sanders was respectful and laid it out there. They better get their wins on him now in the first year of the rebuild, because he's coming for their 5 stars next year. Tell me a kid that plays D-line that isn't going to want to be coached by Hall of Famer Sapp? He's bringing in some names that know how to play in the NFL.

I do agree he needs to pump the brakes on some of his players though. He can take all the heat and that's what he should be doing. His players though, those are the guys that are going to be getting that extra hit after the play, because their coach told them to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I agree and Colorado only won 1 one game last year but have already won 3 this year. I think he has been good for that program thus far.

9. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Colorado has skill players to spare but they are not very good up front in the trenches on either side of the ball. That has to change but Deon has been good for college football so far.

10. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I was referring to his interviews.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    In other news… Broncos got donkey kicked today.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That was an understatement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    And you thought last week was bad?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    If Sanders doesn't get control of his kids at that program then he will have issues recruiting. They are quick becoming known as thugs. Just keep your mouth shut and play football

15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Who is going to recruit OL and DL? Coach Prime needs to figure
    This out before he can play with The Ga,s Alabama Ohio states and Texas's of the world

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    No clue. I suppose they have staff for each OF and DEF

17. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't see any of those teams in the Big 12 next year.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Sanders talks more now, then he ever did when he was in the NFL

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'll I got out of the game today was USC shouldn't be in the playoffs this year. Their D is freaking horrible.....again. Something that happens to Lincoln Riley coached teams.

20. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    But you can see them in the playoffs.

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The USC defense was BAD. I haven’t watched enough PAC 12 ball this year to have a definitive view, but right now it looks to me like Oregon may be the best of the bunch. Their defense suffocated that same Colorado team. I haven’t even watched Washington yet.

If one of those teams comes out of their conference championship unscathed, they will be in the playoff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think USC is the weakest from the bunch. They are too one sided. As what seems to happen with Lincoln R as a coach.
    Washington looks right now like the best Offense, but I think ....like You said... Oregon is the most complete team. Of course it's only from what I've seen so far. Still a lot of ball left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Crazy, I didn't even know YouTube had live sports like this.

It is Friday night Standford @ Colorado live on YouTube. The return of Travis Hunter.

AFTER: You have to wonder if the late start of the game helped the West Coast Stanford team come alive in the 2nd half and Overtime. Overtime did not begin until 2AM EST. I probably don't watch enough College football to know if this kind of late-night game is common. The game was in Colorado and ended around 1AM local time.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  24. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I checked in with the game on YTTV after the Pens game. It was 29-0 with the first half about to end. The announcers were talking as if Colorado had won and how incredible it was that they went from terrible to bowl eligible. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I mainly blame the loss on Prime's use of Travis Hunter. After sitting out the last 4 weeks with a lacerated liver, he seemed to be out there on every play getting burned. Not sure why Hunter was not on some kind of snap count when returning from injury. I would love to know how many snaps Hunter took on offense and defense in his first game back from injury.