1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu Reunion

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Very underwhelming FA list. JuJu probably most exciting name.

Think he could be back? Not sure what he would demand, didnt crack 1,000 yards with Mahomes throwing to him so he should be affordable. 2 year deal maybe? See who you want to keep out of him, Johnson and Austin when it’s time?

Otherwise I think they’ll need to spend a draft pick on one and they don’t have a lot of those.

2024 FA list is insane.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt he would want to return to the Steelers, he seemed to take a shot at the Steelers while praising the Chiefs offense.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think that was more kissing butt with his current team

He left the Steelers on very good terms

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At best he would be number 3 receiver unless D J continues to step on his £]€¥

He would be a good number 3

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He's still a good possession Wr, but Man....His knee maybe shot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Shoulder

3 concussions

Zero to minimal guarantee to be used as a number 3 would be ok

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Good point. He’s been struggling with them for the last 3 seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed. If His knees were good ....I'd want Him back. I like the kid.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Knee have been drained for the last two years. That , and everything else...It's sad. I really like the kid.

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He needs to go back to riding a bike.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Whether he comes back or not, or whether his injuries will shorten his career - he'll still be remembered for one of the greatest blocks by a WR on a LB by a Steeler certainly maybe even in NFL history

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    JuJu comes with No Special teams ability.

I really do want to see what Austin and Simms can bring to the table next year. Austin is under a Contract and Simms is an RFA.

And, the Steelers just resigned Anthony Miller for another year, I didn't know you could be signing free agents yet?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Those that have been cut and cleared waivers, you can sign.

February
    Feb. 2: East-West Shrine Bowl in Las Vegas.
    Feb. 4: Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.
    Feb. 5: Pro Bowl Games in Las Vegas.
    Feb. 12: Super Bowl LVII in Glendale, Ariz.
    Feb. 21-March 7: Franchise/transition player designation period.
    Feb. 28-March 6: NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

March
    March 7: The deadline for teams to designate franchise and transition tags ends at 1 p.m. PT.
    March 7: Colleges may begin hosting pro days.
    March 7-April 19: Teams can host up to 30 non-local, draft-eligible players at their facilities for visits and physical exams, but on-field workouts are not allowed.
    March 7-April 26: Teams can conduct video or telephone interviews with draft-eligible players. Maximum of three video or telephone interviews per player; interviews cannot be longer than an hour in length.
    March 13-15: Pre-free agency legal negotiating window between teams and agents representing players who will become unrestricted free agents, beginning at 9 a.m. PT March 13 and ending at 12:59:59 p.m. PT March 15.
    March 15 (prior to 1 p.m. PT): Clubs must submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents. If a qualifying offer is not extended, those players will become unrestricted free agents at the start of the new league year.
    March 15 (prior to 1 p.m. PT): All clubs must be under the 2023 salary cap.
    March 15: New league year begins at 1 p.m. PT. At this time, unrestricted free agent contracts and trades agreed to prior to the start of the new league year can be executed.
    March 26-29: Annual league meeting in Phoenix, during which NFL and team executives will meet to discuss potential rule changes and other topics.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m sure JuJu and every other free agent receiver would give their eye teeth to come to Pittsburgh and play in Matt Canada’s “Saturday-ish” offensive scheme full of jet sweeps, route trees which are always 2 yards short of the line to gain and back shoulder sideline routes AND where their number one receiver scored a total of…let’s see…carry the one…ZERO TOUCHDOWNS!. :rolleyes::facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Random thought and you probably aren’t old enough to remember

Mel Blount was going to pro bowls as a CB and yet he still played special teams as well because he liked it and was good at it

• Like Like x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He would be one of three starting receivers. They don't need those guys to be special teamers.

Sims had plenty of opportunities to be the No. 3 this year and didn't do much with them outside of one big play against the Ravens. I like Austin, but counting on him seems foolish until he can actually get on the field. Miller was once a quality prospect, but he is practice squad fodder at this point. Counting on any of those three to start seems foolish.

Smith-Schuster would be a nice fit if he is healthy. He can play the slot and outside, which allows them to move Johnson around. He is an excellent blocker. He will make tough catches in traffic. I think he would quickly establish himself as a receiver Pickett can trust.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Tee Higgins would look good in Black and Gold. WR corps of DJ, Pickens and Higgins would be badass. Best Steelers WR corps since Wallace, AB and E. Sanders.

• Like Like x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Juju would come with a higher price tag if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

Plus like said he has a bad knee ect.

Sim's will be back. Made some nice catches in limited action and is a returner.

We haven't seen Austin III yet so hopefully he stays healthy and contributes to the offense. Special teams player as well.

Although not a receiver Connor Heyward has shown flashes. Plus special teams.

No Juju...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sims became the No. 3 receiver when they traded Claypool, but caught only 14 passes for 104 yards in 2022. That isn't nearly enough production for half of a season in that role, even on a team that relied heavily on the running game the second half of the season. He's a good kick returner who is fine as a fourth receiver, but he shouldn't be one of the top three options.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    His Super Bowl performance is going to be worth about $6 million next year.

If he balls out for 100 yard receiving he will be looking at 9-10 million next year.
    If he disappears again like in the AFC Championship game where KC already was missing their #1 and #2 guy he will be lucky to see $3 million.

JuJu also missed out on his play bonus of $1 million in the AFC championship game because he did not play enough snaps.

It looks like Hardman is going to be out, but they are expecting Toney to be back and ready to play.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Wouldn’t it make more sense for JuJu to just resign with KC

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Takes two to tango. They also have to offer up the best contract. 53% of their cap is wrapped up in 6 players. They may not be interested in bringing him back.

23. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    the knee might have cost him another million bucks

• Informative Informative x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah....exactly what I was getting at. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  25. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    But I thought he was learning so much about offense there?

• Agree Agree x 1