1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Dont rely on this coaching staff to discipline him.. look at AB, Leveon and Claypool was well on his way too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Patience, like Guns and Roses wud say… its only his first season

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Pickens ceiling is high, needs to contain frustration tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Do You really need a number 1 Wr???
    I actually think it's better if You don't. I rather have a few really close to each other....it's harder to defend. I mean We have always been strongest when We didn't have a clear cut numero uno Wr....and when We did for sure have one....AB....what did We win.....besides a lot of statistics????

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Bengals and Dolphins targeted Chase and Waddle last year in their rookie season, now they are considered elite in their second season.

I'll quit being a broken record :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    Could Steelers offense have been any worst with him at one and DJ at 2.

7. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Thats like comparing apples and oranges… they have Burrow, who I think at this point is better than Pickett. Also maybe them 2 other recs are better than Pickens as of right now

8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I thought you were referring to the not willing to do the interview part...being a good teammate on and off the field goes w/o saying.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I can care less if they do interviews.. some reporters are jackwagons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    Pickens is averaging 14 yards while Waddle averaged 9 yards as a rookie.

11. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Amen

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm going back at the.....If You game plan a team....for real....different people will have different targets. One is a rookie, and one has been on this team, and just got paid (Even though I thought they should have waited).
    Also I promise You they were rolling coverage His way....quite a bit. If I'm a Qb on freaking Madden Even LoL....if I see You rolling coverage towards a certain player....I'm going elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    369, like I previously said, maybe the Falcons came up with a good game plan to keep Pickens in check. Like Pickens, we all need to remember this is just one game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    First of all its just insane or stupid or both that people are writing Pickens off and planning to ship him out.
    He is 12 games into his career and playing with a rookie QB and an OC who is not NFL quality.
    He should be seeing more balls he is the Steelers best talent, but Canada or whoever is after Canada needs to design better route tree's to free up these talented WR's.
    It's a shame we don't still have a senior WR on the roster to show him what it takes to be an NFL WR.
    That he might be a DIVA too soon to tell but that mentality is pretty common for WR's . Most only make 6 to 10 plays all game and get the headlines and the attention you almost expect a somewhat cocky attitude.
    There are 5 offensive lineman that play a part in all 60 plays and only get noticed when they screw up, that creates a different attitude or mentality to suit that role.

I hope it was just an outburst and hope the media doesn't blow it up into something it most likely is not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    :th thgoodpost::th thgoodpost:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    I understanding what you are saying but look at Chase and Waddle rookie years, they were both the number 1 targeted receivers. I think part of Pickens frustration is this would be him also. That is my question , if not Pickens. I believe Pickens is elite talent like Chase and Wadddle.

Dolphins 2021 receivers - Waddles rookie year
    Waddle targeted 140 times
    TE targeted 112
    WR targeted 73

Bengal 2021 receivers - Chase rookie year
    Chase targeted 126 times
    Higgins targeted 110 times
    Boyd targeted 94 times

I could have wrote War and Peace with my last few weeks postings. Need a breather :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  17. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    we won the game... pickens shmikens

I actually think the coaching staff planned to target Johnson to show that we have 2 quality receivers to worry about, so that teams are now forced to prepare for 2 quality receivers, so they kind of shut Pickens down this week and targeted Johnson, but in the end...

we won the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    what is this ? some sort of fantasy league pad the stat pouting party?

• Like Like x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I hate the #1 receiver paradigm. That endless debate on who is number 1 and the confusion in terminology, the confusion over roles and just the stupidity of a coaching staff not putting their players in the best position to succeed. Before the Claypool trade I was 100% for putting Claypool and Pickens outside with whatever letter you want and have DJ in the slot. That way you force teams to commit to dbl coverage on Claypool and Pickens or doubling DJ and Muth while you get deep single coverage routes outside. Now I'd put Boykin in Claypool 's position. Gunner and Sims add nothing and are a tell the way they are used. I couldn't understand the elevation of White last week because how does a PS member have more upside than Boykin who has dressed every week?

Screw the whole #1 bs, let their play determine accolades after the season is done. Otherwise it's deciding this guy or that guy is a number 1 and then force feeding them in order to prove it which again is dumb.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    “Fosters it”. Absurd. You think MT likes having players with attitude problems? You think that makes his job easier? You think any sane coach wants this? Have you ever coached at any level?
    Stop making nonsensical arguments because you want to take a shot at MT.

21. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have been watching football since 1974. I have seen many such incidents ….. unless it is a weekly occurrence it’s not a big deal. The kid wants to compete l.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes cause he hates Tomlin so much he believes stuff like this.

• Like Like x 2
  23. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yep, exactly what I thought

24. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Too early to say he has a negative attitude or call him a diva. Then again all great WRs have a degree of diva. I have to appreciate and respect the fact he wants the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think the media and fans are making a bigger deal than it is. If anything, it shows that the Steelers need to go out and get a veteran WR to help mold these guys. It doesn't even need to be someone that's going to get a ton of playing time. Just someone to help provide leadership, much like Heyward did on the bench today. Plus, it shows that he is a competitor and wants to compete to help the Steelers win. The part that makes this look bad is because it happened when the Steelers were up by 13.

I think it's really nothing. We all had outbursts, whether at home, work and in public. Only difference Pickens is in the spotlight on the TV. He has growing up to do for sure, but that's life.

• Like Like x 1