1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett Called the winning play

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Nov 29, 2022.

1. VTSteelerfan

VTSteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2016
  2. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Now the universe makes sense to me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The less Matt Canada we have,the better the steelers will be!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I thought Pickett should be benched and Tomlin was ruining him. It would be really helpful if y’all would make up your minds and stop with all the flip flopping.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Was pop up hell. Didn't read. :shrug:

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Basically they were in timeout and Kenny said I really like this play and they said make it so

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well ....as long as it works.
    You have been a little up, and down on KP.....So.....Do You see improvement????

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    bench that golfer gerry dulac knowledge.

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I wouldn’t say up and down. I’m just not one to get too high or too low. We have seen some good things from him. We’ve also seen some really bad from him. If he makes a good play I’ll call it as such. A bad play gets the same treatment. His future is still up in the air. Will he be a good starter or a good backup? It could go either way. The simple fact remains more qb’s even first round quarterbacks fail rather than succeed. If it were any other quarterback that’s 2-4(?) with two touchdowns and 9 interceptions a large portion of steeler fans would be screaming at the top of their lungs. He sucks! Tomlin sucks! Blah blah blah

• Like Like x 2
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

To expand on my previous comment a bit. It’s still early in his career and our offense has more than it’s fair share of issues. Once the other issues are sorted out the real work begins. Opposing teams will look at his film and determine what Kenny struggles with. It could be anything. It could be as simple as he reads blitzes well, but struggles when teams drop 7 into coverage. So teams will start throwing those looks at him until he sinks or swims. The win last night was great. Just as hearing that he made a call is great. However, I’m not going to crown him anything now. He is a work in progress and only time will tell which way it goes. I hope he’s our next great franchise quarterback, but the odds are stacked against him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Make it so....so Picard is really running the team. Picard to Pickett to Pickens..killer Ps...why are my undies wet?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    That's what I'm seeing. I admire the growth. Some of the issues are correctable through training and experience..and he appears very coachable. As you said however the things thrown at him will also increase and that is where he either makes it or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Glad someone caught that reference.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Bobby Brister was a Rook..got the start over an injured Mark Malone(?). As I recall he completed 33% of his passes..lol..the opposing HC Said I had to shake his hand, he's gonna be a star. Malone said of he did that they would be calling for his head lol.

15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Does that make Tomlin Number One? We already know Canada is #2 :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The part of 'if it works' is very true. This one play could have ended the wrong way, and some would have much different things to say about KP's career with us because of one decision on one play. Water under the bridge at this point. It worked, we good, we won. Move on. Next victim, Atlanta. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Depends.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree....they will look at what He can , and can't do right now. This is one of the big reasons I don't crown players... especially Qbs quickly, but My Question was...do You see improvement??

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One play and he’s our new OC

SMH

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    He hasn’t thrown an interception in two weeks. That’s an improvement right?

• Like Like x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just wondering if You see any.
    I believe I've seen quite a bit....Which is no indication that He will , or will not be good, but gives hope.
    1. A drop in turnovers.
    2. Better movement in the pocket (which I was really hating earlier). Especially not running into a sack, or causing sacks.
    3. Understanding of what He is seeing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    He did run into one sack last night. That sack where what’s his name came through clean is partially on him as well. SD did a pretty solid breakdown of that play today. Basically the line did it’s job, but Kenny didn’t recognize the unblocked man coming free. He could have changed McFarland’s route or just gotten the ball out. There have definitely been improvements, but nothing I would call earth shattering. They say he has a high floor and a low ceiling. How much more growth does he have in him? His personal quarterback coach seems to think the sky is the limit for Pickett, but I would take that with a grain of salt. Obviously he’s not going to throw his cash cow under the bus.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I did forget about the free sack, but I was talking about earlier in the year He would have a clean pocket, and run himself out, and into a sack. On the mentioned sack ...Looked like KP didn't recognize the free man like You said.

24. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Ryan Clark did a film session on Pickett after the game last night and replayed the Snell TD. He mentioned then what a smart audible that Kenny made out of the original play call.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    What's funny is that most HCs and OCs delegate this to their QBs! They're the ones (The QBs) that are getting the best looks at what the defense is doing. Glad to see the Steelers are getting on board since Ben left!

• Like Like x 1