1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Cam Heyward!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 31, 2022.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    As much as I hate this thought he deserves better than this 3 ring circus. Package him with Chase Claypool also since everyone wants him gone as well. Send them both to a team that actually has a shot at the SB. This train ride for them is already off the tracks. Might as well try and beef up the offensive line while they still have trade value.

I'm almost saying this tongue in cheek but Cam is a man amongst boys and we are wasting his NFL career here. Claypool I hope they ship off and he finds a home with a OC that actually knows how to use him. Let these guys flourish with their talents.

Monday morning vent.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    he probably wants to retire a Steeler, unfortunately he will be ringless. I am thinking Watt will be like his brother... also ringless lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Totally Nonsense, here is my take but Cam is a all about Pittsburgh, his teammates are his brothers and like family. Sometimes going to another team just for a ring isn’t what it’s all about. It’s trying to accomplish it with your team, brothers, and family that you have created bonds with.

why takeaway great talent at one spot, just to get one at another spot? That does not fix your problems. Not like we have anyone that can step in and replace Cam.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I feel bad for Cam. Dude is literally sacrificing his body and playing his heart out when his mind knows this team can't win games. I would love to see him win a ring with the Buffalo Bills.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Honestly, Nobody is safe at the deadline. Hell i’d trade TJ for the right package.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I agree Glenn. I'm just really frustrated. As many of you know it doesn't take much for me to get there. Right now, I'm over the top with it.

• Like Like x 5
  8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You just described every player on most teams. Most teams are not a true contender.
    It is what it is

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I know Glenn already did this but it was worthy of two

:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    People are going off the deep end. A losing season is not the end of the world. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'm a seller for sure at the deadline. Problem is the only things we have worth trading we likely can't or won't.

I'd trade Johnson and keep Claypool. Johnson is not on the same page with his QB going back to last year. Different QBs...same WR. He's the communication problem. But I'm pretty sure he's not tradable with his new contract extension.

I'd trade Harris (won't happen he's Tomlin's guy) - this guy is more Trent Richardson than King Henry...and I like the guy.

I'd trade Heyward (he's a captain and won't get moved. And I think he wants to end it as a Steeler)

TJ and Minkah would get us the best haul...but contracts/dead cap would likely be a killer and you hope they are the cornerstone for the turnaround.

Net net...we're stuck with what we got and really have few moveable pieces that amount to a hill of beans.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Only if he wants it. I think he wants to be here.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It makes business sense, but it’s not the Steelers way.

14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    But is there really any end in sight?? Pickett is far from a guarantee and you can only draft so many guys each year. We have problems and they are many.

15. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    So people on here want to trade players that actually give us a chance, our best players??? I just don’t get that philosophy. Yeah I can understand if their play was declining, but they aren’t.

so let’s trade TJ and Minkah to fix an offensive line, next year we get great offensive production but now we absolutely blow on defense because we got rid of our most talented players.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    We already blow on defense.

But I get your point. Cam is getting toward the end so I could see that not the other two. We should definitely be trading either DJ or Claypool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Watt and Fitzpatrick aren't going anywhere, not with those contracts. Nobody is going to give the proper value for either of them. Also, they are young enough to build around them for the next few years.

Heyward, however, is not. There is some logic to trading him. There is a good chance he won't be around by the time the Steelers are good again. I would hate to see him go, especially since he does seem to want to be here, but I wouldn't hate trading him if they got proper value in return.

18. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011

What happens when you start having car problems, you replace the less expensive parts first to see if that fixes the problem, it takes steps most of the time.

Our first fix would be to get rid of Canada, get an OC that will work a plan around the talent we have. That may not completely fix the problem, but can make it better.

I honestly think that we are just a few players away from being competitive, and when I say that you add those players with the talent we have.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's not so much as a losing season for me. Because, we've had talented teams under MT and not a losing record. But, never sniffed the superbowl, with his draft picks. So, I considered them all losing seasons (But, thats another subject). My great concern, with this team, is, what will fix it? TJ coming back? A better oline? Better db's? Better ilber play? Coaching? Drafting? Mindset?. Because, even when we were considered bad ... from the late 60's until now. We always could pinpoint the reason. Right now, I feel as though, the locker room has been lost! And, I feel bad for the old and young talent on the team.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not even that bothered by this. I mean the games are difficult to watch but have already moved my focus to long term. Getting Kenny right and a good draft position.

If they somehow go on a winning streak after the bye and earn a playoff berth, sweet but not expecting that at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    That's why both should be traded thinking about the future and big picture.

My issue is Cam isn't as good as Cam thinks he is. He's always out of shape and makes 0 impact in big games. Look at his playoff stats. He's had plenty of chances to be that guy he thinks he is.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly....even if it might feel like it all day Sunday, and most of Monday. LoL :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cam is good, but he can't do it alone. That is what makes losing Tuitt hurt so much more... We need at least 2 elite disruptors on the defensive line alone to make this D go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    There is logic to trading Heyward at his age and with his contract set up as it is. They’ll have a decision to make at the end of the season anyway, he is earning a lot of money and isn’t getting any younger. I’d only do a trade if it was to a good team / contender and he actually wanted to go, eg a team like the Chiefs wanted to pair him with Jones to make a Super Bowl run.

I haven’t heard anything from him ever to indicate that he’d want to play in another uniform but you never know.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hate losing just as much as anyone here.... but Steelers have shown in the past to be very resilient after losing seasons. We had 3 losing seasons under Cowher and recovered nicely.

AFC Championship berth in 2001 after 3 lackluster seasons
    AFC Championship berth in 2004 after going 6-10
    Divisional round berth in 1989 after going 5-11 and getting blown out in the first 2 games of the season

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1