1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we fire Tomlin yet?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dusty1, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    At what point can we seriously discuss firing a coach who hasn’t done **** in a decade?

We need a refresh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    No, but Tomlin is smart enough to know that if he doesn't get rid of Canada over the bye people will be calling for his head. Canada is a goner.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What do you mean discuss it? It’s discussed nonstop around here.

Another useless Tomlin thread.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ben and Colbert handed him an amazing resume. We are hostages to him. Sadly, he gets to decide when he goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I’m betting they extend Canada and Tomlin over the bye week so the questions stop and this is not a joke comment .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The sad truth is this wouldn't shock me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Hey Glenn, which threads aren’t useless around here?

should I be PM’ing you to see if a topic is ok to post? Forgive me, I don’t spend a ton of time here because I have a family and stuff so I’m not sure which topics are acceptable.

Id just like to see a change is all as Tomlin has proven he doesn’t have what it takes anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Tomlin will decide when he goes. He is the coach of the Steelers until he decides to step down.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Who's "we"? Fans? You haven't been paying attention to the posts on here through the years. Management? Maybe end of season. I don't think they would do it during the season.

10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    It's time for the Brian Flores era.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Right, why go out and hire a proven Winning head coach. ..When u can just keep doing what hasn't been working

• Like Like x 1
  12. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Tomlin won’t be going anywhere, but Canada has to be gone on Monday. I can’t see any justification for keeping him any longer. The offense is last in so many categories… It’s way overdue.

13. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Two consecutive losing seasons and the seat will get real warm and serious speculations and rumors can begin - anyway that’s what I think it will take

14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I am as frustrated as you are. However the endless fire Tomlin threads do get old. The front office do not care about our opinion and it's obvious that Tomlin is here for as long as he wants to be here. At some point no matter great a coach is his message to the players gets tired. If a coach is not willing to innovative in his approach to the game and is unable to control those coordinators around him then it's time for him to move on. The Steelers don't live in a world where they will fire a coach all that often. They realize the importance of continuity. But when that continuity fails to produce long runs in the playoffs and super bowl wins it's time to make a decision. However posting thread after thread of fire Tomlin isn't going to make it happen. Believe me I get it. Not trying to pick a fight with you but you are preaching to the choir here for the most part. Again I'm not telling you what to post just trying to explain it a little.

• Winner Winner x 4
  15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I agree. The thing is I don’t dislike Tomlin. The winning formula was Colbert and scouts making draft and coaching decisions. Tomlin delivering the message.

The problem is with the success Tomlin thought it was him which it obviously wasn’t. I know Bradshaw got hate but basically being a cheerleader. So Tomlin starts to want more say as the HC. He wants to pick the coaching staff. More influence on draft picks and straight up picking players he wants.

Now we are left with this current disaster he created. I know it’s natural as a HC to want to work with people you like and pick the players you coach. But Tomlin is terrible at making these decisions. It was never the winning formula.

We need to get back to real football minds making the decisions. Draft and personnel. Tomlin could still be the HC. But I doubt he would ever give up all that control at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. paul m

paul m Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Yep cause rooney won't do it.

17. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Removing Canada does nothing to remove Tomlin's stench or fix the issue of having Tomlin as the HC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Who is in charge of all of it.... I'm sick of Tomlin using people as a scape goat for his own failure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    This is exactly how I feel. I said after the Jax Debacle we would never win anything again with this man.

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The media is just as much a part of this. JMO>

21. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    That's the Steelers way.

Interview everyone then hire the guy already on staff.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Serious question. You couldn’t have posted in one of the other Tomlin threads?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately this is correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

If Tomlin doesn't right this ship soon then I'm sure some of the looney people around here will probably become threatening to him. Just the times we live in. Lots of people out there with a few screws loose.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am not smart enough nor skilled enough to know what needs to be changed but I will say of all the years I have watched the Steelers it's the first year I feel more like what a Browns fan would feel like then a Steelers fan.

• Like Like x 2