1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anybody seen Cam Heyward?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 2, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

One of the highest players on the team, and they needed him to step up in Watt's absence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    So he’s injured, there’s no one else on our defense that the other team needs to focus on…and you expect him to produce regardless?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he's tired, he knows his career is ending and the only light at the end of the tunnel is the freight train coming down the tracks

sorry Cam, the organization failed you....

• Like Like x 1
  4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Steelers’ fans get a reality check from Clarence the football angel.

upload_2022-10-3_4-40-23.jpeg

You’ll see a lot of strange things now that Ben doesn’t exist. You see, you really had a wonderful life, fan.

LOL

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    true dat.

Tomlin should have left w Ben, organization needs a brand new start

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you possiblLy think that maybe other teams are double teaming him with TJ being sidelined?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Like I’ve been saying for YEARS. He goes ghost when you need him the most. Look at his playoff stats. He can’t do anything without Watt.

But he’s always on Twitter arguing about his Madden rating and how he wasn’t ranked a Top 50 player in the league this year lol give me a break. He’s really showing them this year lol he’s maybe 150-200 player in the league. Maybe.

8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Cam is 33 playing a very physical position. The fact that he performing at all is a testament to his skills. JJ Watt is the same age and he’s a shell of what he was. Father time catches up to everyone

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did you forget a word or are you suggesting he was lit up. I'm betting you forgot the word paid since you made a similar statement about TJ last season during a game day thread and when called out about the stupidity of the belief that being paid x amount of money should mean you are superman, you freaked and yelled that you were trying to watch the game and I should not ask at what point the payscale makes you run faster, jump higher, and impervious to pain.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I think at least in the Jets game when he left, they sent him back for x-rays on his ankle. That was from the post game show before Batch and the other guy came on. They even said he's heavily taped up there before the game.

So he's definitely banged up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes Cam Heyward is struggling. But he is still the best defensive lineman we have which is a scary thought. I would say Ogunjobi is #2.

I personally don't like that they consistently rotate. I understand they need a blow once in a while but they also need to gel as a unit.

Another issue is the lack of blitzing. Why?

They need to draft a stud DE/ DT in the 2nd round in 23. 1st round has to be a left tackle.

12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    At the risk of making excuses Cam is badly banged up and just hanging in there by all accounts. With TJ out he is being doubled, and then you have the fact that the defence has played more snaps than any other unit in the League because the offence is utterly pathetic and can’t give them a breather.

Cam is being paid a fortune and needs to be better but there are genuine reasons why he is struggling right now. Hopefully he gets healthy and starts to produce more down the stretch

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    With all these holes on defense, would you run at Cam?

Just because the stat line is what it is, doesn't mean he isn't making plays and an impact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He wasn't injured against the Patriots, and the Browns :shrug:.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    An All-Pro fights through double teams.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That comment about TJ was me joking around :facepalm:, I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt, as Glenn would say do you need some tissue?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah but I wouldn’t say that to Thorn. He’s a reputable member.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He’s reputable and I’m not? I provide the best analysis on here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sure. Players like Aaron Donald can; triple teams being no match for him. However and, it goes without saying... Aaron Donald is simply in another tier that never mind Cam Heyward but no other IDL of this generation can even dream of being in.

As for Mr. Heyward, Cameron Heyward has fought off double teams before as well... when they where not on him close to 100% of the time. Bigger problem is EDGE players not named Alex Highsmith. Malik Reed is simply inadequate at this point. Sadly, no one else to replace him at the moment. For that matter, notice how DeMarvin Leal has seen his snap count go up due to Reed's inability to rush the passer; something Leal was known for coming out of Texas A&M. Hopefully Leal can catch on quickly but until then, Cameron Heyward is any opposing Head Coaches number one obstacle to get rid of.

Remove him and take chances with Highsmith. That is more or less the game plan for opposing teams.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He is on Carson St. in line for a Primanti’s.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It didn't hurt my feelings it was said in a GameDay thread and at those times we all say stupid stuff. I think you need to admit to yourself though that you do equate money paid to on field performance. A million dollars won't make me run like anything more than a 48 yr old running although it would allow me time to train to try and run faster so maybe 30-70 I run slightly faster than my older brother. I have images of Heath Miller trying to go all the way lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I can at times be a bit of a pest, try not to but I'm no saint.

• Like Like x 3
  24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Thorn what's your impression of the team?

Me: I'm sorry I don't do impressions my field is logistics.

• Like Like x 2
  25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The 1st game this year Donald sure didn't look interested in football and was getting blocked by a single blocker so Im thinking proof that everyone can be off.

• Winner Winner x 1