1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Season defining - Pickett must start next game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 23, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I mean..

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Is it really the 'easiest?' The Jets defense is not awful. 15th in total yards.
    The Dolphins and Ravens are bleeding yards on defense (400+)

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Factoring home fans behind him I believe so. In Miami trying to keep up with the points Tua and Hill will put up? Ravens rivalry and they always play us tough.

Pickett has to play this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If you are NOT a starting your 1st round draft pick year one, then either the front office, Tomlin and coaches, or all of the above are effin stoopid. We HAVE to see what kid can do. If he fails, then back to the draft. I just don’t get why some people on this board are so against it. Must be in bed with Tomlin, I guess. You people probably don’t wear your new shoes either so they can stay pretty. Sigh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I do still have plastic on my floral sofa

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Defense is not solid without Watt

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Then the Chiefs were effin stoopid

8. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Rooney MADE Tomlin put Pickett in a uniform on Gameday, hmmmm...First I've heard of it...

Fredo Rooney hasn't MADE Tomlin DO anything, Ever...

The only thing I've heard Fredo say ( the last 2 years now ) is , in his fake tough guy voice...

" We WILL run the ball better, and we WILL fix it "...And they haven't even come close to fixing it...Fredo has a lot of Bulls***...Just like the HC he continues to employ

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    So you did not see or read about Tomlin having to redo his depth chart before the season started to give Kenny a uniform on game day?

And what happened after Rooney said we need to run the ball better? Answer they drafted Najee in the first round.

Who did TJ go to to get his contract done? That would be Rooney again. MY self; I thought it was Colbert who got this done, but when I read TJ's statement on how he got the deal done himself, he said he went straight to Rooney's office and agreed on a contract directly with Rooney. Not Tomlin, Not Colbert, but Directly with Rooney!

What Rooney are you talking about? Is Fredo a God Father ref?

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m sure Trubisky is who he was in Chicago and that’s just not good enough. I also recognize that it is completely unfair to Mitch to pull the plug after three games because he magically isn’t playing at a high level after not playing at all for a year. Like he was going to just come out and play great because he sat behind Allen for a year.

I get that but I still want Pickett. I don’t want to wait until next year to see what we have in him, I want to get this show on the road now. It’s not going to stunt his growth if he struggles, he has the mental fortitude to handle some adversity, his college career shows that. Personally, I think the light bulb went on for him and understands this game very well now. He has a lot of poise, throws an accurate ball and has fantastic touch. I don’t think he will struggle much at all, think he will be very good for the Steelers.

Will that translate to wins this season with this OC? I don’t know but whats the point of waiting. Trubisky isn’t going to morph into Allen, his game may improve a little but he’s not going to be elite so why make Pickett wait. I don’t buy he’s not ready, that’s bs, that’s not why Tomlin is holding him back.

The sooner they put Pickett in the better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    The depth chart was a Typo...That was rectified the next day, it was all over social media..Rooney had ZERO to do with that...And about Najee, idk...He looks like S*** ,no speed, no vision...Idk, how about drafting some OL if you're serious about the running game...

And Fredo Rooney is a reference to Fredo Corleone...The weakest and most feeble of the Family...

Just like Dan

12. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018

Putting Pickett in now might do more harm than good. You have Canada running a high school offense in the NFL and Harris has been a shell of his former self. Let Pickett sit the year and go get that high pick in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t buy into that line of thinking. He’ll get experience at the very least and be that further ahead for next season.

If he doesn’t make it as a QB it will be from lack of talent not from getting shell shocked.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Agreed. I didn't mind giving Mitch the first few weeks, but time is up. Mitch will be par for course the rest of the season. Put Pickett in there and give him valuable experience prior to our Super Bowl run in the next season or two. :rawk:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I am not real sold on this "High School Offense" line of thinking.
    I've seen some good designs and people getting open.
    I've seen Mitch not make the right read (short vs long) and not putting trust in his guys.
    I've seen Harris (uncharacteristically) go to the wrong holes
    I've seen OL-men getting beat.

Mitch's own confession: "“And for me, it’s getting the ball to playmakers more, being on time, being good with my footwork and those types of things."
    He's playing safe and afraid of throwing the pick.
    His WR's can catch, if Picken's catch of the year wasn't proof enough for him... I don't know what else is.

So, if the decision to play Pickett is made, then it is on him to make those types of plays.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hey you do know Dan has been dead since 2017.

17. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Whatever one is in there now...I call him Fredo...The one that has turned a once proud Franchise, into a below average team

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So either You are 80, or Italian. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Seems the mass consensus around here believes Pickett will pull a Roethlisberger in 2004. Not gonna happen. Ben had an EPIC, "Sleeping Giant" supporting cast. Pickett does not have that luxury. This Steelers team sucks.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See I do still agree with You a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Meh. Hindsight is 20/20. Never know what you have until all the right pieces are in place. If Pickett has IT, then he'll make everyone around him better and Watt's return will bring the defense back to form.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I believe (keyword) He is better than Trubisky.....Trubisky at His very greatest is not that good, and He is not at His very greatest. I also believe that the rookie has to get in sometime. If You wait 5 years to put Him in He still will be a Guy that hasn't played against the real speed of the NFL.....So why wait 5 years????, or 4 years, or any years????.....Eventually He has to get ready for the real game. People use KC, and Mahomes as an example, but KC was still a good team, and winning....so it didn't make sense to throw Mahomes out there....they didn't need Him, but We desperately need a change at Qb.

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Without Watt.... nothing really matters. Steelers are not the same team without him. Had Watt been healthy.... Steelers likely would have been 3-0 or 2-1 at worst by now with the mighty Trubisky at QB. Truth. Steelers won with Tomczak (10-6).... and that's who Trubisky reminds me of, so far, as far as ability at QB is concerned. Only difference is... Tomczak had a helluva D backing him up in 1996.

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was just going to say Tomczak Had a hell of a running game, and a awesome D.:thumbs_up:

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Bettis... with the old block numbers. 1996 was a good season until the fog bowl at New England. Last game with Woodson and Chad Brown. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1