1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If we lose against the jets....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Start pickett

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Fire Canada

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Fire Tomlin

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    He also played with backups

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Other

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    89 days to Christmas

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think it'll be a combined start Pickett/fire Canada like we're seeing now.

I don't anticipate Pickett until Mitch has a multi INT game. As frustrated we all are with him, he's playing well enough to not really lose the job. He's playing in a fashion that he's not the reason why we're losing, but he's not exactly winning us ball games. We, as fans, want him to win ball games tho, hence the frustration.

As for Mitch outplaying Pickett in practice... ehhhh. Mitch is probably getting 99% of the 1st team reps atm, so I highly doubt how either does in practice is really going to change a thing. The only way we see Kenny is when we're mathematically out of the playoffs. It is what it is and the plan in place. I'm not a fan of this myself, but I get it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Run run Rudolph.

6. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    If Mitch Trubisky flounders, even if things are not all his fault, finding that spark is often a QB change.
    Kenny Pickett played well in preseason. He met every challenge.
    As pointed out, he played with backups against backups.
    I would really hate to put him on the field without at least working him all week with the 1's.
    Also, to help a QB like him, you are supposed to run the ball well and play better defense. Currently, Pittsburgh has done neither.
    I would wait till TJ returns.

RE: Matt Canada.
    We have 4 coaches with more than a year on the offensive side. (a 5th that is still green)
    Frisman Jackson - WR's
    Pat Myer - OL
    Alfredo Roberts - TE
    Mike Sullivan - QB's
    (Blaine Stewart has 4 years)

Sullivan has Offensive Coordinator experience and hasn't been awful. I don't know the exact behind the scenes functions, but during visits I have seen the entire cast working together what seemed to be really well, meaning that it is group effort. So, I doubt Canada hears from Sullivan or anyone and says "No, that's a dumb idea"
    I just can't see Pittsburgh pulling the plug on Canada 3/4 games into the season.
    This offensive staff is newer that I originally thought.. I totally missed that fact. That could explain a few things.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    After filtering through the um's and uh's and the minutiae and word salad.

Pickett isn't going to see the field until the smoke clears at the bye if at all. That would be the time. Because face it folks the 4 game stretch after the jets game will not be a favorable one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    If Trubisky sucks which is a fact and the O-line won’t get him killed which it won’t. Then there is no reason to sit Pickett

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There most certainly is a reason!He has to be ready. He has tooutperform the guy in front of him. Not just in 30 minutes of preseason football against backups. These coaches watch them every day of the week. You’re going to sit here after watching 30 minutes of preseason football and claim to know better? Smdh

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Steelers are only 3.5 point favorites against the Jets and the home team usually gets 3 points just for playing at home. Vegas has only 2 teams rated lower than the Steelers in the AFC, the Jets and Texans. The Steelers don't really have trap games any more.

• Like Like x 3
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers have to beat the Jets or its pretty much wheels off the bus.

With at Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Dolphins, and Eagles to follow...

Although the Steelers often surprise us in these match ups that they shouldn't win.

Kind of hard to not see the Steelers in their current state at 2-6 or maybe 3-5.

I think being .500 record after that (4-4) would be a freaking miracle with the way the look on offense, and a defense that can't stop a rushing attack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Canada is not getting let go in season, would be very out of character for the Steelers. They way they move on from coaches these days is to not pick up their contracts. Tomlin getting fired is a pipe dream.

Pickett should be starting but the earliest would be the halfway mark. I’m fairly sure Tomlin wants to sit him the whole season but maybe if Trubiksy continues to fail to make plays and they continue to lose games and are 1-7 at the halfway point he’ll stop living in his fears and play his first rd pick.

Newsflash, no rookie QB is ever truly ready. It’s laughable to suggest that Pickett is so raw he can’t play yet. This is about Tomlin favoring vet experience over young talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Got it. I don’t see it happening, but I hear where you’re coming from.

14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    none of the above

you do ALL know that MT will NEVER we fired

Rooney Rule, etc....

he may resign one year, but NEVER fired.

NO SURPRISES w TJ on the sidelines.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    What's the rooney rule have to do with firing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My great great niece that they make me watch when they can't find anyone else is your best friend. She got the biggest thrilled the day I let her post that birthday message to you. When she is stuck with me and I with her she always ask if we can find that guy on the computer. I just showed her your Christmas post and she got so excited. Now she has ripped our calendar off the wall and is counting the days.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a damn thing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Is this based on some form of racism

We don’t need that here

• Like Like x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    She will get a kick out of my Halloween post picture

• Like Like x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Or anywhere

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Tomlin took over for Keith Butler during the middle of the season when he assumed the role of DC and began calling the Defense.

Do you think they could do the same with Sullivan when they make the switch to Kenny Pickett? Throw Canada's offense out the window and let Kenny Pickett and Mike Sullivan run a more traditional NFL offense.

We were 1 for 9 on 3rd Down in the Brown's game. That stat alone is on Mitch and Canada. Even with TJ Watt the Steelers are not going to win many games when they only convert ONE 3rd down in the entire game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You know what the sad part is...., and I'm far from a Trubisky fan, but the way this is going.....There will be cheers if Trubisky gets hurt, and they have to put KP in, and I rather it not be that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    oh you know damn well that will happen. There will be people on this board celebrating an injury to a Steelers player

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's what I don't want 2 happen. I want them 2 change the Qb, but not like that.
    I don't root for injuries on the other teams....So I dang sure don't on the Steelers...., but I can hear it already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You know what else will happen?

if Pickett fails the people that have been screaming for him will blame everyone under the sun except Pickett. The same old crap they post here on a daily basis. Tomlin didn’t have them prepared! Fire Canada! They will also turn on him faster than they can spell Pickett. calling him a bust. We are doomed blah blah blah

• Like Like x 2