1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

quick change (FIX) to suck offense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Sep 22, 2022.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    fire Canada
    Bench Trubs

HIRE Ben for OC
    START Pickett

you are welcome

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Fixed it for you

• Hilarious Hilarious x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

Looks like they'll already have an excuse

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    RUN THE DAMN BALL. Some here think the OLINE is not bad, we will see tonight.

6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Tomlin wrote the book on excuse.

the standard is the standard

7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    did they hire Ben yet?

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    He is going to OC the Steelers every other week. On the opposite week he is going to QB the Cowboys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LOL

maybe! maybe!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Cowboys? Just watch out for the Pats now that Mac is out multiple weeks. It wouldn’t be the first time they sign an out of work Steelers.

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Ben is only going to QB the Patriots every third Sunday. He will OC the Steelers the first and last Sunday of the month. On the second Sunday he will QB the Cowboys.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    After watching highlights of other teams the last few weeks the easy fix is to dump the single back spread formation and use multiple TE and a FB to establish a run game then once that starts going and they try that everything near the line you go play action, you have DJ and Pickens beat the press man coverage. You bring in a 4 wr set and for the dime coverage and actually throw it up field to Harris instead of a yard and a half flat route that allows a cover LB to sit in a soft zone but still covers the inside while allowing a quick move to the back. Stop the cute and get down and dirty old school Steelers style.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Home game. Time for the fans to let em know. KENNYY!! BOO TRU!!

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This is what happens when you have a gimmick junkie college offensive signal caller.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Mikey, are you SURE you want to stick with this thread title?

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Before I took my 6 month leave of absence from this board after our last season was over, it seemed there were a lot of posters who were Canada fans and looking forward to "Canada's Offense" with the excuse of last year being Ben not as mobile as Canada's offense required. Now, we have what many said they looked forward to and all I can say at this point is, well, we have it. Now its "fire Canada and put Pickett in" as the solution and the thought of, watch what you ask for, you may just get it, comes to mind. My point is, I hope whatever the powers to be do will be the right thing and will have a positive result, and soon. This Jets game, at home, isn't a must win game, but it will have huge implications of how many will view this team going forward. Let's get this one and make it a big time beat down to turn this ship around. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    people were naively excited about canada and Ben leaving. these are people in the dark. Ben was aging and was WELL past his prime. the succession planning has sucked so far. Blame rooney, tomlin and colbert. bring Ben in as OC tomorrow.

18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    what - quick fix or suck?

i could change it to "Quick Change (for possibly different results)". We are getting the EXACT RESULTS that many of us expected. A top 10 defense, a BOTTOM 5 offense. this equals Tomlin's first losing season. and MORE to come if he is not fired or does not get his head out of his butt.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben isno OC he couldn't find open WR'S against certain looks ..Dobbs had to show him the weak spots on more than 1 occassion.. Ben was never a pre snap guy he did his best work after extending plays , we don't need an OC like that ..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Do you think Ben wants to be around football again???? I have no idea about his personal life and have not read much about Ben since he retired. I'm sure if he wanted, somebody would pick him up as a QB Coach. I always thought Cowher would leave the booth and take up Coaching again but that ain't happening.

21. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Ben wants to grow his podcast into having his own sports show. Maybe he’ll end up with a show on ESPN or NFL Network.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    When you look at the track record of those calling for coaches and coordinators to be fired you’ll start to see a pattern. For a few years it was all on Arians. Then it was DL that was the issue. Then it was Haley. Then fichtner. Then Butler. Now it’s Canada and most certainly people will be calling for Austin to be fired soon enough. They keep getting their wish, but don’t like the results. Makes you wonder

• Like Like x 1
  24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, keep it the way it is. It'll be as oft quoted as "beating off defenders"
    BTW, I don't agree with your fixes. Ben as OC?

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wait 'til Tomlin leaves/is fired. Same people will be wanting to fire his replacement the first time they don't agree with one of his calls...

• Agree Agree x 1