1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Season defining - Pickett must start next game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 23, 2022.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Mitch is as advertised a game manager and nothing more. He's also a pro and can handle not playing. The next game is one of the easiest at home. We have to see what Pickett has and ride that momentum into the remaining games. Mitch is going to get booed heavily next game if he continues like this. If you commit to Mitch in the easiest game of the next 5 then you have to play him the next 5. Which currently looks like 1 win, maybe 2.

Long week and at home. Let's see if Pickett can give us a spark. I don't know why people act like he can maybe play poorly in one game his rookie year and careers over. If he looks worse than Mitch against the Jets. Then Mitch starts the next game and rest of the season. If I'm Tomlin you go to Mitch and say we got to see what the kids got. Mitch has been benched before. Benched for potentially one game is going to make him play worse than he already is?

Either way next game is the time for Pickett or you're committing to Mitch for the rest of the year and looking at 4-5 wins tops. My prediction of Tomlin's first losing season comes true.

Also, we could have a Top 5 pick so we need to see if Pickett is legit. Starting the next game is the best chance at giving him a chance to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's not even October and I'm already burnt out on the Steelers. :facepalm:

I don't think Pickett will make much of a difference, but it would be wise to start getting him experience. This team is going nowhere. Might as well roll the dice.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Pickett needs to start the rest of the season, even if we lose at least Pickett would gain ample amount of on-field regular season experience. We already know everything we need to know about Trubisky, and I have seen more than enough from him.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I kind of agree. One of the biggest arguments is “don’t get Pickett injured behind the line” Yet, a slower Trubisky isn’t really taking many hits. Line has been decent.

I think Tomlin is worried about his losing season streak. He still thinks Mitch can scrape by and give him his bare minimum of .500 season. Going to Pickett could lose him Mitch.

But honestly Pickett is his only chance at a .500 season.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It’s been some number of years that I don’t feel anything with this team tbh. Like I just can’t take them as a legit SB contender even in 2020. Don’t get me wrong I’ll watch the games and hope they win but I remember feeling true hope between 2004-2017

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    ESPN today showed the Steelers next 5 games and predicted that they would lose all of them to make them 1-7 at the bye. If they don't make the switch to Pickett then it would be pure insanity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He must start. He must. Or someone’s gonna be sooooo mad.

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don’t care. Steelers are exactly who I thought they were. You are one of the few on here that expected something different.

10. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    We got the talking heads and the rest of the league for that matter right where we want them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Tomlin won’t give up. Even if they are losses they will fight hard to win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Must start. For the love of God he must.
    Tissue Time cause someone is getting so upset.

13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Tissue time was you last night “against the rules” on everybody’s post. I haven’t got upset over the Steelers in years. Being realistic going into every game and expecting them to lose and happily surprised if they win. You should try it.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is the part where you cry now?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I thought about making a thread about this after the stadium name change. It’s not that serious but makes you realize how different this whole organization is now. It’s got Tomlin’s hands all over the coaching staff and roster and it shows. It’s a straight disaster. I mean even his own son had to transfer colleges. Guy couldn’t make a correct decision if his life depended on it.

16. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Tomlin will keep playing Mitch. So not only will Pickett not get game experience this year, next year will be his “break in” year. He may be 26-27 by the time he starts. What a waste.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    So if Maddox never got hurt Bens first year would you feel different. Some players are gamers. Ben was a gamer. Some players are great in practice. Mitch seems to fit that mold but in pressure moments his brain goes to pudding

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree with the premise of the thread. Get Pickett in there. 3 games is enough of a sample size for me. If Trubisky starts the rest of the season the Steelers will not have a winning record. I believe this team can still be a low level playoff team if Pickett takes over. If Pickett can play well enough to keep the team around .500 until Watt gets back. Hopefully Pickett will be playing his best ball at that point and the Steelers will have both a solid offense and defense. Then all that is left to do is raise some Hell in December, and it's playoffs here we come.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah I mean a playoff win would be nice

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I always feel hope. Just the way I'm wired I guess.
    Even as I write this ....My mind is going through different ways that We could turn this around , and shock the world. :shrug:
    LoL.

• Like Like x 4
  21. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Tomlin isn't making the switch. Simple as that.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Boooooo. When Lord when.

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Pickett is the next Mahomes. He needs to sit all year until the last game. Steelers win the Super Bowl next year.

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Exactly! We might have a high draft pick so we need to see if Pickett can play. Why wait until the season is over? I’d go QB again next year if Pickett isn’t it. QB is the most valuable position.

Exactly. Everybody knows I wasn’t a fan of the pick. But what I saw in preseason… he actually throws over the middle. Faster. We have weapons on offense. Defense is solid even without Watt. They’re just on the field all game.

Nobody on offense, defense, or coaches is inspired by game manager Mitch. We basically gave up against the Browns. Down 9 with 5 minutes and running lol Something has to give.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Our defense is good enough only if we had a good offense. Otherwise it’s average

• Agree Agree x 1