1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Off Season Fixes. Need New OC. Fix O-Line

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This is where Tomlin has never had a losing season will burn us ... when will we have the opportunity to draft one? I'm not for tanking, but it might be awhile before we have that type of season.

Interior of Offensive line needs to be fixed pronto. That goes for all 3 positions. Dotson hasn't taken a hold of that starting position.

2. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm going to keep beating this drum, but give me Ken Dorsey up in Buffalo for OC. Yes, he's never called plays before, but to me that's a good thing. Get the up and comers. He was QB coach at Carolina when Newton was good and he's been at Buffalo the last three years and we've seen how Allen has developed. We need someone who knows how to develop a QB.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Haley had great players in their prime, Canada not so much.

4. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Bring back Haley as OC, Fichner as QB coach, Munchak as O-Line, lure Mann out of retirement to coach the WRs, Arians as a senior offensive assistant/assistant HC and then resign Brown, Bell and then go to Ben and say hey, one more run.

5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    self-congratulatory, self-aggrandizing, I told yinz so, look at me bump.

Hell, Dorsey may have even known how to best use Trubisky

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Many.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Saw the thread title and thought wow, 2 games in and talking about off season fixes :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  8. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The Bengals are proof that throwing a lot of high-talent OL drafts at the problem doesn't guarantee a quick fix.
    It will probably be necessary for the Steelers, but so is just having a stable line that has worked together for enough time.

(And the Ravens had a healthy secondary with more talent added, and still got torched by Miami.)

9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    LOL.

No, I just wanted beat my chest and obnoxiously remind everyone that back in January I was calling for the Steelers to hire Ken Dorsey as the OC and give Canada the heave-ho.

About two weeks later he was promoted from Buffalo's QB coach to OC after Brian Daboll left to take the Giants' HC job. Sure would have been nice to have Dorsey given all that he did with Cam Newton and Josh Allen as QB coach and as part of the Bills' offensive coaching staff the last several years.

10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    so same as last year..... furthermore this is going to take several years unless we get to trading for players to hurting the team.

lastly if you dare say, "tank" is an option for better draft position, I will just shake my head. can't stand it when people think of killing seasons over and over like the dang browns and falcons. all you do is hurt them team/organization. and if you look at draft picks, you see more bust in the early first vs late first.

PS really unsure why we are having the conversation of "off season". we are into week 2 and the line is holding up decently. and lines take half the season to start clicking. and we litterally just got 2 players in the off season..... so maybe you just gave up on this team because of one game loss.

11. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    dag nam it, I did the exact same thing. and went on to blast. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    why in the world did you bump a thread from last season?

13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Who dug this old thread up?

Ok then, I`m taking credit for my own creation.

Waiting on 20 "Agrees" for stating the obvious in the title, LOL.

14. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I bumped it as a complete vanity thread, so I could say "I told yinz" when I suggested Ken Dorsey as an OC alternative to Canada.