1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

When will we see Kenny Pickett as starting quarterback?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Sep 17, 2022.

1. By game 4

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Games 5-8

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Games 9-12

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Last quarter of the season (games 13-17)

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. We won’t, he’ll hold the clipboard for Mitch all season

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What exactly is “hilarious” about my post above?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Oh good I thought that was me inadvertantly giving you the wrong rating. I'm glad to see that it was someone else this time.

3. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Hell, I've been calling for Pickett to start since draft day, but I'm starting to rethink this. At least now I can delude myself that this inept offense will turn around with him. When he starts and we still can't break 20 points I'll be hopeless

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019

With that kind of thinking I guess no one can get better over time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't know, but this time it's because You asked, and for some reason It made Me laugh. :shrug:
    :thumbs_up:

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's living in Your fears. LoL.
    Also somethings You can forgive a Rookie for, but it's hard to forgive a 6-7 Year Qb.

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I voted all year because that's the likeliest option knowing Coach T. I wouldn't have too short of a leash, but at the same time.... If Trubisky can't give us a 200 yard passing game, then he doesn't give us a better chance to win than Pickett does. I would say at least give Trubisky a few weeks to turn it around since it does appear that the playcalling and poor running by Najee haven't helped the cause. But at the end of the day, Trubisky needs to do better. We need to be able to score more than 14 offensive points in regulation (Bengals game only 13 bc of the pick six).

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If he got his chance maybe Pickett wouldn't check down as much as Trubisky does, that alone would help the offense.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If the offense struggles against the Browns, and they lose, then they got 10 days to get Pickett ready for the next game if they want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the part where he said Trubisky is better than Rudolph? :shrug:

11. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Again, Big Ben was our Qb in 2020 and 2021, I did not see him "elevate the play of those around him". Every offensive drive of this football team is hard to watch for at least 3 years now. I want to see what Pickett is capable of either but I just want to have more realistic expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DIzzyG3015

Sep 11, 2022
    Of course Big Ben was better than Mitch. We STILL had a ****e offense all year, I think you missed my point. I was not saying Big Ben was bad, i was saying even with him this offense went nowhere.

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My bad:thumbs_up:

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben was a shadow of himself in 20 and 21, but in his prime Ben absolutely elevated the play of those around him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    What makes everyone think Pickett can't get ready to play in 4 days but Mitch can.
    Makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    If the same performance continues this Thursday i would guess MT is benched at halftime and KP starts the 3rd quarter.

Keeping a mediocre to bad MT in there for the season would be the worst decision Tomlin can make. Steelers need to see if KP is the QB of the future and they really should know that before next years draft. If he can't handle it the Steelers should know and plan accordingly. We have holes on the O line and maybe the DL or ILB, Steelers need to know which way to go.

i think KP will be ok, better than MT and MR, IMO.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  17. DIzzyG3015

Sep 11, 2022
    I agree with you, Ben was not the problem as some said in the past years. yea he declined but he was still better than Mitch by far and I do not think that Pickett would elevate this offense too much as of right now. if we struggled this much with Ben, I doubt a rookie qb could be the difference and have us scoring 30+ week for week. But to be fair this offense does not need to be stellar to win the Steelers games. it just has not to blow it and keep the ball moving to at least some extent

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I still don't understand why people keep saying He was done in 2020.....I get 2021(because he was done), but 2020????:shrug:
    12-3....33 tds 10 ints.....You do know only 6 Qbs had more tds, and 3 of them had way more Ints.......yeah I know the playoffs, but only one Qb won the SB....so everyone that didn't was done also.....or is it just a popular thing to say????
    Seriously....not trying to bust anyone's balls here....I just always wonder why it's said.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Mostly just to get a rise out of you. :lolol:

Seriously, he put up some good stats for three-fourths of the season and then faltered at the end. He basically seemed to get less and less mobile (or more and more immobile) as the season wore on and then the season ended badly with a historically bad playoff loss. Ben had a Cinderella season through about 12 games and then the clock struck midnight. JMHO FWIW. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I does get a rise out of Me....on that You are correct. :thumbs_up:
    I've seen enough bad Qbs on this team....so when the ones that were good get bad talk....LoL....I jump to their defense.....just like I hated how the end was for Terry Bradshaw. I couldn't believe the fans at the time. Just some of My neurotic problems. LoL :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Unless Mitch get hurt or last game ... with no hope of making playoffs. Tomlin, is stubborn, and believing, that he is greater then what he is.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Man....I do hope You are wrong about this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    You may be right, but there is absolutely no reason for Tomlin to stubbornly stick with mediocre Mitch. If Mitch struggles in the first half Thursday, Pickett should be brought in. It’s not like Trubisky has been a long term, elite/franchise quarterback for the Steelers or was a highly sought after free agent signing. He was a backup on his last two teams and he’s currently playing like a mediocre backup. Instead of watching this painful offense struggle week after week, bring Pickett in and give him a chance to provide a spark. I’m not saying he’ll go on a Big Ben rookie run, lightning rarely strikes twice, but at least he’ll get a head start on the rest of his career by winning a few, losing a few, taking his lumps, delivering some blows of his own, getting used to the speed of an NFL defense and developing chemistry with his team. The time is NOW! I’ve seen enough of Mitch. In fact, I’m not so sure that Captain Mitch won’t be relegated to third string behind Pickett and Rudolph by the end of the season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. GtownNCSteeler

GtownNCSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I am surprised that Big Ben lasted as long as he did. I mean that man left his body and soul on the football field. That man took a beating for years and added two more rings to the case! I say give this team to Pickett! It’s his time! He will make mistakes at first but I believe he will learn fast! This team is heading to another losing season right now so why not?

25. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    I'm of the opinion putting our possible future star in when the offense is this inept will only serve to injure him, shake his confidence or both. Ben couldn't do much with it either and only had decent success when he was calling the plays in hurry up to stage comeback attempts. Maybe not though maybe kenny gets in and runs circles around defenses and threads the needle.