1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

When will we see Kenny Pickett as starting quarterback?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Sep 17, 2022.

1. By game 4

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Games 5-8

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Games 9-12

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Last quarter of the season (games 13-17)

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. We won’t, he’ll hold the clipboard for Mitch all season

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We will waste our time on a qb who has a wet noodle for Mae strength but it really does not matter when we have a pathetic oc named Canada

2. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    In all reality with our playcalling, I do not see us lighting the scoreboard up no matter who we have at QB. We had Warren gaining positive yards on each run he had, what do we do? We don’t hand the ball off to him the rest of the game. We have no threat of using play action. All we do is shift and misdirection that absolutely fools nobody.

until we get an aggressive play caller, every game is gonna be like this no matter who is under center.

funny thing is going back several season, when we run hurry up offense we score EVERY time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    168 yards passing today.
    In an era where 250 is average.

4. JD86

JD86 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    No passes downfield or to the middle of the field with a vulnerable New England secondary, Pickens and Diontae were wide open a few times, yet Trubisky chose to check down. Trubisky is not the answer and never was, Canada's system sucks and our Oline sucks.

Gotta love how Ben was the scapegoat the past few years yet he is gone and the problems remain. So in my opinion, no matter who is in at QB as I've been saying for the last few years, the problems will remain.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Hopefully soon. Only good target he will have is dj though. He won’t progress fast with average receivers like clay pool. He will develop though.

6. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Rudolph is a better qb.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He’s definitely not any worse.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    And 5.1 yards per pass attempts....It was about the same last week.Ben was around 6.1 yards YPA last year and only one QB was worst.Trusbisky was at 6.0 YPA in 2019....Canada and MT need to be replaced or it will be too late

9. JD86

JD86 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Always has been, yet everyone wants to run him out of town.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Redsteel

Redsteel Member

Sep 8, 2013

I seem to remember reading an article that stated very clearly that Unless there is a long injury to Trubisky that the Steelers do not want Pickett playing this year

I don’t agree with this philosophy but Tomlin thinks Pickett needs to “acclimate himself to the NFL”

And Tomlin is the most stubborn arrogant coach in the game… he won’t change no matter what

11. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    It’s true Tomlin said Trubisky would start all year, but if he continues to stink, the losses pile up and the fans chant for Pickett every time Trubisky steps on the field, the organization won’t have much choice. They’ll have to make the switch

12. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022

Dumblin has set our organization back 50 years...he's made losing football games in Pittsburgh acceptable again, and yet it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. These Steelers fans who keep mooching on Dumblin's @ss every year are the same dumb@sses who thought Tribumski was some "great" QB pick-up in the offseason. Not sure I understand the "Mission Statement" of the Pittsburgh Steelers anymore...some around here just act like everything is cool. Well, time to wake up and smell what you're shoveling, because this team is a SH!TSHOW.

#firetomlin

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Its not that Mitch is so bad, it’s just, well, he is what he is. He’s USED to Losing. He knows it all to well and there’s a comfort level with it.
    Problem is, we’re NOT!

if he continues on the same uninspired path of play. Look to replace him week 4.

14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Looks like the majority (so far) think that we’ll see Kenny by mid-season. I’m inclined to change my vote from “game 5-8” to “by game 4” after today’s performance but I’ll let it ride for now. I’m surprised at the number who actually feel like Mitch will last the entire season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s number three on the depth chart before the end of the season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully this Thursday.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    A huge part of My family is from Chicago, so I watch all their games if the Steelers aren't playing,(like right now I'm watching them get taken to the wood shed), and This is what I was trying to tell everyone months ago. The stuff I've seen Trubisky do in Chicago is not things You could easily put on their Coaches, and weapons.....Exactly what We are seeing now.....Guys running free,and not being thrown to, skittish in the pocket, and bad accuracy down field. All the things people tried to blame Coach Fox,and Coach Nagy for.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If I remember correctly, Jay Glazer was the source for that. I trust Jay Glazer about as far as I can throw a school bus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Week 5 as I stated. Sticking by that. I understand that Buffalo will be the opponent but desperate times shall call for desperate measures should this "Offensive Performance" continue. Something has to give.

That said, Canada MUST adjust as well for Kenny to succeed. Otherwise, expect more of the same.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    this is not all about the quarterback...we had big ben in 2020 and 2021 and look what this offense achieved in the past two seasons. The Offense looks the same to me, with or without Ben. Playcalling and ground game suck, I doubt pickett can draw a lot of energy out of that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    A good quarterback elevates the play of those around him. The offense seemed to be energized when Pickett came in in the pre-season. We’ll see how that works out in the regular season, but I have a feeling that the offense will function at a higher level if he does get the call.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He had his chance, did nothing with it, lost out to Duck Hodges.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    For me, Thursday night is the decision point. If the light comes on for Mitch and he does some good things and contributes to a win, then he earns the right to continue (for now). If it’s more of the same, then it’s Pickett time.

I still think Trubisky is better than Rudolph, but if Rudolph gets the nod at some point I’ll be pulling for him to prove me wrong.

Also, I’m not ready to say that it’s all on Mitch and Canada is blameless. I actually think it’s probably more than 50% play design and play calling. Are we playing to Mitch’s strengths or exposing his weaknesses with play calling? I’m seeing way too many straight drop backs into the pocket for Mitch.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    34 td is pretty good. Right now they are on pace for 17 Tds, and 8-9 ints.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm not sure Pickett would be any improvement over Trubisky. The problems with the offense go deeper than just QB. The run blocking is still atrocious. A successful run game would open up the pass game. Nobody respects the Steelers run game and it's killing the offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1