1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just start pickett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Mitch today.....
    There was ten seconds left at the half. He decided to run the ball to out of bounds, stopped, got takled and we had to use a time out.

He sits there waiting on wide open plays. No wonder he's never thrown a pick 6.

He doesn't like to lead the throw. Can't lead it at all to the right.

He loves to dance and then dump it over the line.

Johnson amazing skills pulled him out of the hole a few times.

Mitch has only made a few throws in these 2 games, that I'm impressed with. The rest are meh or crap.

Shocking our line hasn't allowed a sack. And it stared opening holes the second half. So I now feel fine if they start pickett.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    @jeh1856 @S.T.D you can tell me if I made a stupid thread. Or a look at me thread. But I'm embarrassed to have got behind mitch so much thinking he would be better than an injured big Ben.

And yes I know Canada scheme is questionable. But mitch can't even show us if that works or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Won’t start on a short week. Maybe week 4 when there is some extra prep time.

I personally don’t think he should start at all this year.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I've said that since they drafted him. Starting Mitch is just a waste of my time.
    I honestly don't expect a radical change o offensive production, but at least we get an idea what we have

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Why waste our defense?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It's only stupid if I or others disagree (LOL) or if the topic is so trivial and just a random thought or emotion (like so many have just done following today's game). But this one will be topical until it becomes a reality and we all find out for sure its merits.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Why get him killed? Neither QB is good enough to make a run with this Oline.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Same here. I had confidence in Mitch even in preseason, but his hesitancy is costing us dearly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    5CEF66F4-0EDF-406D-8D41-5360DC7BADEC.jpeg Is it gameplan or is it Mitch? Or a bit of both. This offence is so easy to plan for.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I think the O- line is improving a wee bit in pass protection. The opposing defenses are completely ignoring the long ball, and cheating like last year. Until we show that we can hurt opponent with long ball, this is what we are going to see. The play calling has been low IQ to say the least and Trubinski has always been average on his best day. How many 300 passing yards games has Trubinski had… I bet less than fingers on one hand with some to spare. I am for throwing Pickett in there. The argument is that he will get killed. I think he will get defenses to respect the long ball more than Trubinski and won’t get killed as much people are expecting. Burrows got killed too, but he nearly won a super bowl

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  11. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    The oline isn't even THAT bad. They're certainly not the best, but they're doing enough. Mitch is just awful. He's maybe worse than Rudolph. The Defense is already gassed because of this clown Mitch can't sustain drives and they have to turn around and play Thursday against a top RB tandem. Wait till Mitch loses to the Browns on Thursday. They really should consider Pickett for game 4, this is who Mitch is. It's not gonna get any better and that's unacceptable as the starter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Chicago gave up on Trubinski and he was a number 1 overall pick. He has never been that accurate. He’s a poor man’s Baker Mayfield. Just doesn’t have it. I would rather have Brian Hoyer or Mason than Trubinski. Mason is a lot more accurate. People fall in love with Trubinski’s mobility which means jack squat if you can’t sustain a drive. I have seen him throw four long balls, two of them have been out of bounds. One was thrown out of reach and DJ made a great catch on one. Throwing long ball out of bounds is inexcusable. He missed wide open Najee on one third down and didn’t see Wide open Najee on another third which would have been converted. I have seen enough from this bum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Will it matter? With play calling anD Ol . KP will have same problems.KP can spin it but if he doesn't have time or right play isn't called we may have same results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Your time and my time is meaningless to the Steelers organization

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Oline more than anything. Can’t run deep routes when there is no pocket and no running game.

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    jeh and STD are busy and asked me to tell you something like look at yourself in this stupid thread:)

Actually I think jeh may have been at this game. He replied he was having stadium food today. If he was it's a damn shame he had to see a loss:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    How many sacks mitch have on him?

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Watching this offense today really frustrated me.
    Every snap I was on the edge of my seat hoping they wouldn't screw it up.
    The play calling was abysmal. Canada is just not an NFL caliper offensive coordinator.
    And Trubisky looked pedestrian.
    NE is not that good.

I was hoping that Trubisky would have elevated his game for this contest. He didn't. I believe he will start on the short week.
    If he has another pedestrian effort they need to consider going to Pickett. There is no juice. No up tempo sense of urgency. Maybe Trubisky is being handcuffed just to call the plays given with very little audibles. That's not an excuse for some of the garbage throws. My fear that they will put Pickett in and really handcuff him and the result will be the same or worse.

We have ALL these weapons and how about working the middle of the field?

I believe that Canada is the main issue. Unfortunately he will have a longer rope at this point.

On to the clowns.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm sorry but I just can't get on board with this line of thinking. For the most part, the pass protection has held up. Trubs has only been sacked 4 times in 2 games and if I'm not mistaken, two of them were on him for running out of bounds behind the line or like today, not throwing the damn ball away. Plus, I believe Pickett will get rid of the ball quicker as he's not afraid to make some of the throws Mitch is. We can't keep blaming the line, it's time to start him. IMHO

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Another game or two of this pedestrian offence and they’ll have no choice. They have good skills guys IMO, even with a poor OLine there is no excuse for the offence being as bad as what we saw today against a very average defence.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The standard is the standard. Blah blah blah. I’m tired of the standard. If your first round pick is NOT starting, then why in the H did you take them in the first round? TruBUSTky is a castoff for a reason. And I’m a huge Tar Heel but give no D about MT as a pro. Its beyond time to play Pickett for Pete’s sake. WTF are we waiting for? It’s called on the job training. He throws people open. Mitch doesn’t have that skill. Pickett is ready enough. LFG.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm confused on the line sucks comments

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    My only reason I didn't want to start him is...
    1. Is the line ready.... and it is.
    2. Did he need to learn?..... and I'm unsure

24. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    AGREED!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Canada has to go as well. He’s been terrible since we hired him. These short passes and run on first down every time. It’s just WAY too predictable. We should not have lost to the terrible Pats at home. It’s always hard to replace a great QB.

• Agree Agree x 2