1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs. Cheatriots Game Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The Sith, always two there are!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. TN Vol Steelers Fan

TN Vol Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2020

Not many

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It is…and it’s the player most responsible for executing the plays that are called.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020
    Offense is averaging one touchdown per game through two weeks. Wow!

5. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

I hope you’re right. I said Pickett would grt first team reps during the bye but that’s too late. None of it makes a difference unless Canada and/or Tomlin allow the QB to go downfield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Mitch Trubisky on what needs to happen to get more passes to middle of field: "Call concepts to get receivers there."

Shot fired at Canada?

7. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

And the slant route all nt long.

8. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Charlie also doubling down on saying qb can’t audible in this offense!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

Was this post game interview?

10. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers loss this game due to mistakes. I thought the Pats held the Steelers pass rushers several times and it wasn't called. The refs definitely missed the PI on Harris. The defender didn't even turn his back and look for the ball. I don't know what PI is if that wasn't it.

The long TD pass hurt. Spoon was in perfect position to knock the ball away. The WR wanted it more.

The muffed punt was huge. It changed the dynamic of the game. The dropped INT by Sutton could had been a game changer. The defenses inability to stop the run in crunch time hurt. The pass rush energy didn't appear to be there this week for the defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

Are not very good

12. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

Agree. Game is not on officiating. The offense is offensive and inept.

13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes. Saw the tweet on Steelers Depot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Very disappointed, but both the Stains and the Ratbirds blew big leads and lost. And Cincy has fallen behind Dallas (with a backup QB no less) 14-3. As long as this division sucks, there is hope, lol. BTW, Burrow is getting whomped again this week. Unless Cincy figures something out, there's no way he plays the whole season. Their offensive line might actually be worse than Pittsburgh's.

15. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Obviously, the fumble on the punt, Sutton dropping a sure interception, are major factors, but the offense is so putrid, it's not a sure thing we would have done anything positive with the ball in any case. I know it is only two games, but I see nothing to feel good about so far. There is no imagination to the offense, part of Trubisky's skill set is supposed to be mobility. I don't believe there has been a single designed run called for him. What about some rpo's, move the pocket, option plays. Once in a while, just let it go and let Claypool or Pickens try to make a play. I know many want to see Pickett, but my question would be, "Would the play calling change?", if not how much difference would we see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Good call. What is Kenny going to do differently within the confines of Canada's play calling? He might be stifled more. Surprisingly, the pass blocking hasn't be awful, but the run blocking is. Pretty tough on any QB when your offense is one dimensional.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well Pittsburgh sure has a lot of bridges.

Steelers have not won in years. Last 5 years the Steelers are 51-27-2. I get what you are saying though, they have not done crap come Playoff time but ask any fan if they'd be happy with a 5 year regular season record like that and most would love it. Then ask them about the Playoff record and they'd cry like me.

18. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    You ain’t used to it yet?

We hardly ever beat them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    At least they were to one of my favorite players. I like Muth, decent TE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    This question would be answered best by looking at the all 22 on a lot of passing plays. There were a great deal of open receivers missed because it appears Trubs lacks the confidence to make those throws. If this is undoubtedly true, then the hope is that Pickett will have the confidence and arm talent to make the throws Trubs is unwilling to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Message to Canada. You have a high priced WR in DJ, a WR that Belichik compared to Gronk, a WR that was the talk of the league in the preseason and a talented TE the likes we haven’t seen since Heath. Let them play! Take off the effing handcuffs

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  22. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Maybe Pickett will find his wide open receivers. Maybe he'll hit the receivers he does throw to. Trubisky is inaccurate with his throws and he doesn't read the field well. That interception was all on him. He locked in on the receiver and had tunnel vision when a defender stepped right into the throwing lane.

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Could someone please answer this here. I don't want to start a thread for it.

Next to impossible to hear the game where I was watching it. Especially when the alcohol took hold. In the third qtr. was the crowd yelling for Pickett???????????????????????? That is what a few guys were saying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    33 points. Simple math.

25. TN Vol Steelers Fan

Dec 25, 2020

He would know. That’s horrible and must change. Makes no sense. If you don’t trsut your QB then pull him. I hate this “play not to lose” crap.

• Like Like x 1