1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Stadium Seating or Better Place to Stay?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Aug 26, 2022.

1. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Okay I am up in the air on whether to get a more expensive stay on my trip there from Oct 1st til the 3rd. In which we will take in the Jets game.

I’m not sure which would be more important

Getting $400 tickets on Steelers side around the 50 yard line or $200 tickets in the higher up seats. (Last game I went to was in the Endzone nosebleeds and it wasn’t really all that bad.

if I choose to get the $400 tickets, the place we stay at will more than likely be further away from downtown and cheaper. But if I get the $200 tickets we can get a more expensive place closer to town.

Me and a buddy really want to enjoy what Pittsburgh has to offer on Saturday and Saturday Night before the game.

So what would most recommend doing?

Last game I went to was a Night game and we literally got to hotel, walked to the game, after game we walked back to hotel and got up in morning and left. Never really got to experience anything at all.

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

Personally, the higher the better. I like the 500 level. This flies against conventional wisdom but I'm weird like that. My son is in Pitt's drum line, so I've been going to every game for the last 3 year. Regardless of where my seats are (he gets me them for free), I head up to 534 or 535. I just like being able to see everything and every play.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Totally agree with this. Basically I want to be there in person but I want a view like I'm watching it on TV I dont want to see just one side of the formation

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Yep. You still get the atmosphere but with view like a TV. My MIL had season tix that I used for about 10 years. They were in section 118. Absolutely horrendous seats. The first year or two were great because I was in there, but it got old not being able to see 2/3 of the field. I found myself watching the big screen more than the actual field.

The 200 level club seats offer a nice view too. I've had several opportunities to sit there. But you have to between the 30s to see everything. Plus if you're buying them on the secondary market, get ready to ante up. Face value is well over $200 ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    I keep telling my buddy that it all has to do with the atmosphere and that adrenaline happens no matter where you are in the stadium.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I’d prefer the closer seats to be near the action. Sounds like you are just crashing at the hotel so a ride or train to hotel once or twice isn’t a big deal.

For some reason I liked the upper deck better at Three Rivers. Of course I have had some bad seats at current stadium - end zone upper and near the top, and have been unprepared for the cold up there. I wouldn’t mind as much closer to front near midfield

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Question

The $400 tickets are they in the 100’s section

If so me personally I would go up to club (more expensive) or up the next level

As for hotel I stay in less expensive clean hotels because I walk in sleep and leave

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I have always regretted skimping on tickets when I went the cheap route. I would be sitting in my seats and thinking if I only spent $50 - $100 extra per ticket I could be over "there" right now. I only go to a couple of games a year so the extra money really doesn't make that much of a difference when you are sitting at the game.

I used to like to be as close to the action as possible, but now being a little older I prefer to be up in the club seats at most stadiums. The wait staff, the bathrooms, out of the crowds, and the lounge area are for me now worth the extra money. Pittsburgh has a great Club Level getting you away from the crowds below and the Club seats are not that much more expensive if you are comparing them to midfield front row seats.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    1pm games are pretty boring imo. It will only be like 60-70% full by kickoff. 50/50 chance you even get Renegade. The atmosphere will be nothing like a night game. So I'd go the enjoy the city route. Enjoy the city, stumble into the stadium hung over like 75% of the attendance, maybe you wake up, rally, and make some noise by 3pm if it's a close game.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Somebody is looking for attention again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Maybe he should just go get the hotel and boycott the game.:hmm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Thinking about maybe these ones

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    I definitely don’t seek attention, I have a 4yo…lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My apologies

That most certainly wasn’t aimed at you

The 4 year old is adorable

• Like Like x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Excellent

16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    And, I have always bought my NFL tickets on eBay, since I am not local to any games I go to.

There are no "Crazy" fees and you can look at the seller's history to see that these are his personal seats that he has sold before either this year or last year. I have never had any problems with any of my tickets purchased on eBay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My brother became Ill and I sold his tickets on eBay for 3 years

It worked well

Eventually the gentleman who sits next to me bought all of them and eventually my brothers license

• Like Like x 2
  18. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm thinking about staying at the Sheraton in Station Square or possibly Embassy Suites

19. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Im an Embassy Suites fan. Bigger room, reasonably priced and a free breakfast (and not the el cheapo continental variety either) and happy hour. It's a bit of a walk to the stadium but not bad if you don't mind. Plus open container laws be damned on game day once you cross the Allegheny river, so you'll have plenty of time for some roadies. I like the 510 seats, but those are visitor side if it matters to you. That side does get the sun longer too which can be good or bad depending on the weather. October in Pittsburgh could go either way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah I’m thinking it’s gonna be the Embassy, plus the walk is only 6 minutes to Rick’s Cabaret…lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Have you ever considered a career in motivational speaking?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Sound advice right here. I have sat all over the stadium. My favorite place to be is club level. The upgraded bathrooms alone are worth the extra money.

23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    My advice is like jeh said. Club level seats are the way to go.

Whatever you do, stay away from the corner seats in the open end, under the scoreboard. Worst seats I ever had. Had no view of the game no matter what part of the field the teams were on. My wife use to get those seats from work. We used them twice and they were so bad we started turning them down.

The bleacher seats in the North end zone are great. You get a great view from up there. I actually like the bleacher seats as opposed to the chairs.

Just be careful. If you sit in the 100 level try to be as close to the 50 as you can. Anything past the 30s and it is hard to see the other end of the field when you are down low.

As for hotels, who cares where you sleep as long as it's clean. Plenty of ways to get around easily now.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Man around the 50 is nice though.

I've been twice once in the endzone corner up high, wasn't bad but it was a day game early in the season. Sun was hot!

Second time we were middle @40 yard line Steelers side lower in the bowl. Night game against Cleveland and it was freezing going in and out, but wasn't too bad in our seats. Had to actually take layers off.

Being down in the middle really had some great atmosphere. Still had it up high, but you miss a little bit.

25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I prefer club seats, mostly because I have things to do once I get inside the stadium plus the food options are much better. I have zero clue regarding hotels.

• Like Like x 1