1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Disco1981, May 31, 2022.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Statement from Roger "The Dodger" Goodell:

It was only 24 women. He paid off 20 of them. So do the math, it was only 4. See, doesn't that sound better? We are the no nonsense league!

How could we suspend him for the year when it was only 4 women? We did the right thing for the shield. And more importantly our pockets. Have a blessed day...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We will kick their ass with or without him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why are you assuming the league will not appeal?

I thought they were pushing for the indefinite suspension and were planning to make him serve a minimum of 1 year anyway.

I saw a report today that The league was wanting 12 games and a $8 million fine.

This verdict was for 6 games and No Fine. I am pretty sure the NFL will appeal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Well Watson didn't accused of secual assulat. What he did wasnt that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I don't think it factored in at all. Look at her actual decision. She limited the suspension to six games due to league precedent and the league's failure to properly notify players that future penalties won't always follow what came before them. She actually found that Watson committed sexual battery, but in true judicial fashion, she followed the rules she was given rather than doing the right thing.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The league screwed this up in every way possible, including only presenting five of the cases to the arbitrator. They want this over fast and they want the cover of a judge, a woman, ruling on it. If they appeal, that drags it out. The appeal process could be relatively quick, but if the league levies a suspension of more than six games, Watson and the NFLPA will take them to court. That creates two problems. One is that this stays in the public eye longer, which the NFL does not want. The other issue is that Watson could get an injunction and actually play until the case is settled. Hell, he might play the entire season, which would be an even worse look for the league, and all they really care about in cases like this is public perception. Doing the right thing is not a factor.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think I read somewhere that the league had announced they would not appeal the ruling. This was back a couple of weeks ago IIRC

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I heard some comments on what the judge said about the current nfl policy and it was pretty scathing. I have not read it so really cannot comment on the true content.

The issue is all previous cases were decided in house by the NFL. This is the first case decided under new rules of the CBA.

When presented with a list of arbiters both sides eliminate a certain number, then either agree on one or if not agreed upon one is appointed..or so was my experience in the lone union case I had lol. This being new territory the judge can certainly look at previous cases, but also can decide the merits of those cases were not handled on a consistent basis. The NFL has had years to implement more direct lengths of punishment, instead just went hodge podge with the current social atmosphere.

Whatever we feel really does not matter, a qualified former federal judge made a decision she felt was fitting. I don't agree with it, but the from Ray Rice to now the NFL has not developed a cohesive policy for suspension on misconduct...thus we have this.

9. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  10. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Deflated Balls = 4 games
    Inflated Balls = 6 games

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sexual misconduct. In the workplace (the girls', not his) could certainly be labeled assault. Except he paid them off. Sounds like there was a LOT of ass u lat going on....

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    While I don't agree with Watson, and he should be suspended.
    If you go on Instagram and Twitter the women on there are offering a lot of services. He took them up on their offer, now they wanna cry wolf.

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20220801-135532~2.png

Something fishy is going on...

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Secual assulat??? You know, it's nearly impossible to take anything you post on this board seriously. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I don't know who has ever been accused secual assulat. Not even sure what that even means.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Is the "Judge" even allowed to forbid players from seeking outside Medical treatments?

I didn't think the NFL could prevent players from using their own Doctors and Therapists?

18. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't care.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too!"
    Hopefully, you care when it comes to your school assignments.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The wording is explicit. The league has played let's fly by the seat of our pants fircyears..this being the first case decided by an arbitrator under the new CBA that flying by the pants got then kicked in the butt of those pants. They can appeal all they want, rarely would a suspension be increased..especially after her scathing wording on howcthe nfl has handled its bad conduct policy.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yes, it shows. It shows that you don't care about being able to read, write, and/or exchange thoughts and ideas in English. Life is hard little buddy. It's even harder when you're stupid.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok :shrug:

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He'll be the perfect "analyst". Right on par with the Shannon Sharpes of the world!