1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DirectTV opinions

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by jeh1856, May 16, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have had DishNetwork for years but they dropped all regional sports networks which means I can no longer watch Pirate or Penguin games.

I live in a rural area. My internet is very slow DSL so streaming is not an option. No cable option.

It appears my only choice is to switch to Direct TV.

Any deep thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Even with regional sports package with DTV, still had to subscribe to MLB and NHL premium packages to watch any pro sports games unless on a local or cable station. Sounds like that wasn't the case with Dish? That's probably why they dropped that option, losing money. Will be interesting to see how Sunday Ticket works this coming NFL season with DTV losing their exclusive ownership of that package.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've heard now on DTV it will be a Game by Game purchase. Don't quote Me on this. It maybe cheaper that way.
    When it comes 2 anything outside of Football, or Boxing....I really don't pay attention.
    Also if You have internet....You don't have 2 have a satellite now 2 have DTV (Direct TV)....You can stream it live, and older stuff...plus You don't have 2 have a contract anymore.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ive had it for years, for as long as they have had the Sunday Ticket.

Never had a problem other than storms will knock it out fairly easy but I imagine you had the same experience with Dish. If you liked Dish, you should like DirectTV. Have no idea how rates compare to Dish though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think DirectTV is carrying the Ticket until 2023.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Feel for you. I hate when young people say no matter where you go in the world your connected. BS, I've been to places where there was zilch.

I love Comcast Xfinity. Only thing they don't have is the NFL but 90% of the time Steelers are on in my area and they have an option during NFL season where I can watch every team when they get into the red zone. Pretty cool when I have 4 games on my TV.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That'll be good for you Blast but I was hoping there would be other live game options if they no longer had Sunday Ticket since I dropped DTV when I moved from the desert to the mountains 2 years ago. Looks like I'll go once again with NFL Game Pass and watch games on 3 hour delay. It's not a bad option especially being able to breeze through commercials and HT.

• Like Like x 1