1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett analysis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Apr 29, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can twice. Chad P., and....EJ. Manuel.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Funny How post season only matters when it's about player some want it 2 matter for.....At least with Me ....right , or wrong....I believe it's the only thing that matters. That's why I've said repeatedly....all HOF must have at least gone 2 a SB.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No....You can be Dang sure .....I....won't let You forget. LoL.
    Your only way out of this is 2 kick me off the board My Friend. :thumbs_up: Just like the "I'd take Lamar over most the Qb playing" talk. LoL :drinks:

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    6… going once, going twice, gone!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    6 is about what I like for Qbs....I like 2 see them when the team can't put an all-star cast around them, and they actually have 2 pull the team.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Thank you.

7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021

I think people are hung up on the last couple decades of always having 5 top QB rookies to pick from.

Pickett was the only one that should have been considered in the top 15. And he's still not a starter. He's good, but he just needs a little QB coach work to tell me how to analyze a play.

While the rest of the rookie QB is third round material or worse..... College vs college, I would have rather had mason Rudolph vs any of the QB class of this year (except Pickett).

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Because it's about context. For example, Marino never won a ring but people acknowledge it wasn't due his play or lack there of. Look at Stafford. FOR years he was stuck in garbage Detroit, left, and in his first yr won a sb and came up clutch in every game when people used to say he didn't show up in big moments.

Also maybe that's YOUR standard but that's clearly not the standard of the hof or nfl world as many players are celebrated for their greatness that never came close to a sb.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    At least Marino went 2 a SB. I said at least go 2 the SB....Did I not...So Marino fits...Stafford has one so He would fit, but let's not act like they didn't just go 2 the SB with Goff...OK.:thumbs_up:
    That's because it's not the HOF anymore...it's the HOG...the Hall of Good. Just like they give trophies 2 everyone now.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The standards are still pretty high. Again who came up with this standard that you have to make the sb to be considered great? Hines ward still isn't in with a sb mvp and Megatron was first ballot who never won a playoff game.

And Stafford has won NOW. I'm talking about what people said about him prior and how the team and franchise you're surrounded with can effect those things.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I did, and nobody makes You stay at those supposedly bad teams that are holding them back. Nobody makes them keep signing contracts with them.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    There is a thing called the franchise tag and for two some guys just try to be loyal to their franchise.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Excuse. I believe because a lot actually are afraid that they may go 2 other teams ,and still not move the needle.
    I mean let's be honest here....if Stafford went anywhere else....come on even on a stacked team that just went 2 a SB with Goff.....it took a dropped pick for Him 2 make it there,and He also lead the league in pick 6s

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Who knows? Stafford is really good and the lions as a franchise stink. They forced 2 guys in their prime to retire. In order for someone like a qb to go elsewhere they'd have to force their way out in a ugly mess like deshaun Watson just did. And again some guys are just loyal and would rather stick it out. Has nothing to do with being scared to go somewhere else.

And the same stacked teams head coach went to their GM and begged him to go get Stafford because he felt that was the missing piece to them winning a sb.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Doesn't change that they were still in the SB a few years back with Goff....who I'm sure even You can't spin away into saying He was great.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So why did mcvay tell the gm that Stafford was the difference? Also wasn't the same exact team. Brandin cooks, gurley, suh, cj Anderson, Corey Littleton, brockers, Dante fowler, John Johnson, Talib, Peters, Robey Coleman, etc.. all were key components of that 2019 team and gone. So it wasn't the team that just went to a sb a few years ago.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    For all You named gone I could name better player took there places, and a list they added. :shrug:
    Either way the LA Rams just went 2 a SB with Goff. Enough said.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not rb. It was a drastic better running game. Not wr either. Kupp was there but got hurt. They only added jalen ramsey but their CBS as a whole were better in 2019. Their safeties were better. The lbs were better. They also had the better defensive coordinator in wade Phillips than raheem Morris. Not the same team.

Also what does that mean? The Ravens brought in Steve McNair to a team that had just won the sb with Trent dilfer and did they win it with him?

Steve Young couldn't lead a team that had came off back to back sbs to the promise land until like 5 years later and they brought over deion sanders.

Mark rypien an all pro qb went 7-9 the year after Doug Williams won the sb with the redskins.

The team just being in the sb doesn't mean anything.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The ravens brought back a old McNair....in a league when You could still brutalize Qbs.
    Did You forget about OBJ???

It took Young awhile 2 learn You can win the big games till You can play from the pocket.. He has said so Himself many times....not a coincidence the Year He won was his least rushing season. :thumbs_up:

Redskins won 3 SBs with 3 different Qbs So....:shrug:

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m sure I havent said any of that. I don’t even know what the context is. What do you ever use Brady as an example of?

• Like Like x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Steve McNair made the pro bowl the year before he was with the Ravens. He wasn't that old. They had obj but he got hurt in the sb.

He only had 11 less rushing attempts the year he won the sb then his previous season. Thats not a dramatic difference. He was also sacked the same amount of times as he had been the year before so i wouldnt say his pocket presence just dramatically improved over a year.

They won 3 over a long time period. The same team they had in 1982 is not the same team they had in 1991..

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Pro Bowl is a popularity award. You know this. I didn't say McNair sucked....I said He was old, and on the downside of His career.
    Like How many less yards you left off He rushed for...., or How many Yards, and Tds more He passed for.....I have heard Him say multiple time the different was that He finally learned 2 play from the pocket. I swear.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Either You have a bad memory, or You are tricking, and hoping I won't take the time 2 dig up different post(comments). LoL.

24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Analysis: Has more experience in the offense that Canada wants to run next year then anyone else on the team.

Jobs his to lose.

YouTube video out there of the Pitt coach doing his best not to say this.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I don't buy it. It's a team sport. One player cannot lead a football team to the SB, but damn sure can stand out year in and out as a potential HOF player. It's hard enough for O linemen to get recognized as it is, Joe Thomas on the Browns for a decade..that guy is a HOF if there ever was one.