1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ziggy hood

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by markthadon, Nov 28, 2011.

1. markthadon

markthadon Member

Nov 28, 2011
    he is the GARBAGE dline man we have he never makes a play i think he is a waste of a pick

2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought he was way more effective last year.....I made a comment last night during the game that I completely forgot he was on the field. :eek:

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i think they are beefing him up to play the nose after casey .
    in anycase is not nasty and powerfull as i would like

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Casey is the guy who isn't playing up to snuff. He is done. Mclendon took a lot of snaps last night.

Hood is not awful like you say, but I never thought he was the right pick from the beginning.
    To me, he was always more of a Colt/Eagles/Bucs DT than a Steelers/Charger/Cowboys 3-4 DE.

5. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Ziggy is bad, the play of Keisel and Hampton really helped hide Ziggy's actual play. When it was Hampton, Smith and Keisel on the line they tore it up and they actually got sacks as well as the LBers and forget trying to run but Smith is done, Keisel is getting old as well as big snack and Ziggy isn't doing his job of being the replacement, teams can run on them now and a big reason is Ziggy Hood. He can't get penetration, he never gets double teamed as no team needs to double team him, and he can't shed a block to save his life, runnig plays he is non existant. If he isn't making an impact now I seriously doubt he will later, I hope I'm wrong and he becomes a stud but it sure doesn't look that way, right now he looks like a servicable back up, nothing more.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    right now is at the level of a nick eason :frustrated:

7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank-you for this thread! I was beginning to think it was just me but I key on him either during the game or when I watch on dvr, and he's NEVER in on the play! He either gets driven clear off my tv screen (and I watch on a 50" widescreen) or gets thrown on his arse; every single play! I've never seen a Steelers starter that has ZERO impact until him! Our coaching staff must see this on game film; how long will they allow it to continue??

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    hood will get better just give him some time

9. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, just like BA, Ziggy will get better. Must be someone else's fault. No worries. Everything is fine, nothing to see here. Move along. Be on your way. So long. :wave:

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011